GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Themed Gingerbread Keyboards

These are 3 themed gingerbread keyboards that I created for my themes. These should be compatible with many different ROMs, so I thought I would put them out there for others to use. I know they have been installed and work with RubiX, Tranquility, Liberty, and GummyJAR. Other ROMs should be fine as well but as with any mod, you should backup first.

Dark Themed Gingerbread Keyboard with Green Highlights
(Included with Dark Android theme for Tranquility 3.7, GummyJAR 2.5, Liberty 1.0, and RubiX 1.9.5)
Dark Android Gingerbread Keyboard
DA-GBKB1.jpg

Dark Themed Gingerbread Keyboard with Blue Highlights
(Included with Blue Droid theme for Tranquility 3.6, GummyJAR 2.5, and RubiX 1.9.5)
Blue Droid Gingerbread Keyboard
BD-GBKB1.jpg

Dark Themed Gingerbread Keyboard with Red Highlights
(Included with Red Droid theme for GummyJAR 2.5 and RubiX 1.9.5)
Red Droid Gingerbread Keyboard
RD-KB.jpg

To install:
  1. Copy zip to your sdcard
  2. Reboot into Bootstrap Recovery
  3. Install zip from sdcard
  4. Choose zip
  5. Browse and select zip
  6. Install zip
  7. When complete, use back button or power button to back up
  8. Reboot phone

If you like my work, please consider donating.

LogoSmall.png

Last edited:

Droid74

Reaction score
hey looks good! How do you recommend installing...I have seen several instructions. Can you clarify in your OP...thanks

(I have seen it done in recovery, mount system, install zip. Is this what you recommend?)

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
hey looks good! How do you recommend installing...I have seen several instructions. Can you clarify in your OP...thanks

(I have seen it done in recovery, mount system, install zip. Is this what you recommend?)

Updated OP with install instructions.

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
I think maybe it doesn't work with Liberty mod?

Followed directions exactly (have installed a lot of themes etc) but it just shows the installing progress bar and hangs, have to do a battery pull. Tried twice now. Any hints?

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I think maybe it doesn't work with Liberty mod?

Followed directions exactly (have installed a lot of themes etc) but it just shows the installing progress bar and hangs, have to do a battery pull. Tried twice now. Any hints?

I have not tried it yet, but it should at least install. It is up to Bootstrap to install it and should have nothing to do with Liberty. What is the file size on yours? It should be 1383KB for the green and 830KB for the blue.

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
830 KB on the nose. I even re-installed the stock gingerbread KB and tried it again. It's obviously worked for other people so it's probably something I'm doing, just can't figure out what that is exactly.

microsnook

Reaction score
What do you need to edit to change the colors to blue like that?

THanks

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
I think these are the best looking keyboards out there, i use the blue one, i just wish the keys were bigger so i would stop hitting the wrong keys

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

webmastir

Reaction score
can this be installed even though i'm running liberty 1.5 now?

biglumis

Reaction score
keyboard trouble

Hello, these kayboards look really great, but im having some trouble. I have a DX running tranquility 3.7 and when i install through recovery everything goes fine, the phone reboots, but the keyboard hasnt changed. can anyone offer some suggestions?

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
can this be installed even though i'm running liberty 1.5 now?

Yes, but they will replace the stock keyboard. I am goign to theme the version included with Liberty that installs along side the stock one and I themed the stock one in my themes.

Hello, these kayboards look really great, but im having some trouble. I have a DX running tranquility 3.7 and when i install through recovery everything goes fine, the phone reboots, but the keyboard hasnt changed. can anyone offer some suggestions?

What keyboard are you using, Swype? Change your input method to Android keyboard.