[MOD] Gingerbread 2.3 Keyboard w/ working Predictions

josh.zechman

Reaction score
This is a good keyboard. I have been using the physical keyboard for awhile now( 1 big problem with physical keyboard...I have fat fingers) back to touch screen in landscape for me, so thank you for this and my DEL button thanks you.

One question though. Am I missing something in the OP? I downloaded the file and flashed and nothing, did this several times. I then downloaded the KB from Droid Life website and flashed with this download (read huskerkate say flashed both files) and it worked. Am I stupid and missed a link or didn't read something right? I am asking to help maybe other confused people.

jbsangel

Reaction score
it would seem that many don't consider this a "bug", and certainly not a "major bug." i don't believe that any keyboard i've used has had the capability that you speak of. so, i don't know that i would call it a bug, either.

So it's not a bug because most other keyboards don't have this feature? That's totally irrelevant, most other keyboards aren't very good. Swype does have this feature, but it appears to be better executed on this Gingerbread keyboard... except for the fact that it doesn't work. If an intended feature that is included in this keyboard doesn't work properly (and it IS an intended feature), how is that not a bug? I might be exaggerating when I say it's a major bug, but it is major for me since it's a feature that I'm used to using every day on Swype. I would like to switch to this keyboard, except the only exceptional feature about the keyboard (for me) is broken.

I don't know how to fix it, but I'd love it if somebody could do so. The main reason I'm being so vocal about it is because nobody else has mentioned the bug (not one soul), so I'm trying to bring some attention to it so that someone with the know-how can potentially fix it.

I don't understand your attitude of "oh you found a bug - well shut up about it, it's not a bug if you're the only one who noticed it". Sounds like a good way for bugs to never get fixed.

I can replicate this and I do agree that it is a bug since the description says it can do this yet it doesn't work.

To whoever asked before, yes after you have typed a word and then type more words, you can go back and tap the word and the prediction box pops up again with the words that would fit there, but when you tap all it does is input the chosen word without removing the previous word.

So if you typed "I spat on the ground." and then went back and tapped spat with the cursor after the p and chose spit from the prediction box, you would get "I spspitat on the ground."

If you try highlighting the entire word, no prediction comes up at all, although I don't know if that is supposed to be that way or not.

That said, the froyo keyboard didn't even have this function at all, which is why most people probably aren't even noticing it.

Would be cool to see it fixed. It would make correcting a mistake easier for those of us with fat fingers that have a hard time getting the cursor in the right place. I often end up just highlighting the whole word and retyping it then fighting to get the cursor in the right place just to correct a single letter.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that you have explained I do understand. A nice feature, but would be nicer if it was activated on highlight of the word.

Sent from my rooted A855.

Mr_A

Reaction score
Agree with you guys 100%. I'm using this keyboard on the MIUI rom and I have the same problem.

Sent from my Droid

Blueback

Reaction score
I know I am not running a Droid, but maybe you can help anyway. I am running a Samsung Captivate/ Galaxy S rooted and I am running Froyo.

When I use ROM Manager or try to install this manually it is telling me:

--Install from package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)
E:signature verification failed

-- Applying Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC
Installation aborted.

What's going on here?

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Droid running CM 6.1.

Downloaded the file to my droid and used Rom Manager to install it. All I had to do was set it as my default in the text input menu and it works flawlessly. Not sure if I like it more than Swype but it is a HUGE improvement over the stock keyboard. Very, very nice.

JDungan69

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong?

I have a rooted Droid X (rooted through Z4Root) And I have ROM Manager. I downloaded the zip put it on my memory card and when I run Rom Manager and install from SD card it boots the phone off and then turns it back on and I have no keyboard. I can't get it to work at all.

Blueback

Reaction score
I know I am not running a Droid, but maybe you can help anyway. I am running a Samsung Captivate/ Galaxy S rooted and I am running Froyo.

When I use ROM Manager or try to install this manually it is telling me:

--Install from package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)
E:signature verification failed

-- Applying Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC
Installation aborted.

What's going on here?

I think this might have to do with the fact that I rooted through Z4Root. I am not able to do a Nandroid backup through ROM Manager without getting the SAME error message.

microsnook

Reaction score
This isnt giving me predictions when I am using the physical keyboard. Is there anyway to make this happen, as with the stock droid 2 keyboard? I love the keyboard style and everything, I would just love to have the physical keyboard predictions as well : ), let me know !

papachach

Reaction score
Sgr0JWi

Download:

http://db.tt/lWVVxzV