[MOD] Gingerbread 2.3 Keyboard w/ working Predictions

audioman42

Reaction score
The autocorrect on this keyboard needs a little tweaking. Back to stock I go...

Reaction score
This worked perfect on my wifes D1 with MIUI, although I have to choose the keyboard in settings on every reboot, the choice is not saved. This did not work on my D1. I assume because I do not have the stock keyboard installed. I use SwiftKey.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
LCD Density worked. Easy fix for a great keyboard. I was using Swype for ages but then went to the MT keyboard for the DX, but went back to swype because I like holding down a button for numbers and what not. Now that I can with this keyboard, no more swype.

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Instant FC's on Simply Stunning 4.9. Anyone else get it to work on SS?

jdhas

Reaction score
LCD Density worked. Easy fix for a great keyboard. I was using Swype for ages but then went to the MT keyboard for the DX, but went back to swype because I like holding down a button for numbers and what not. Now that I can with this keyboard, no more swype.

What happens when you reboot your DX?

sruel3216

Reaction score

What happens when you reboot your DX?

imma guess it shrinks again. it happened to mine....i was excited and then i rebooted and it got small =/

DropC

Reaction score
I installed it on my Droid X with RubiX 1.9.0 non-leak, and used the LCD density fix. It resets on every reboot, and it made my text messages not sent eighty percent of the time. I'm certain it was the keyboard that did this. Looking forward to a fix though, the keyboard was amazing!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

K

kEEPING IT REAL

For All droid users you are going to have download the file and unzip it and Then go into system/apps folder and rename The keyborad from LatinIME.apk To LatinImeGoogle.apk. Then use winzip or 7zip and rezip the file back up then you should be good to go. Its working great on my Droid one phone.

:icon_eek:
I didn't have to do this. I just booted into recovery, installed the zip as usual, and rebooted. Maybe it depends what ROM you're using. FWIW, I'm using a UD ROM.

Im using The UD 2.3 rom and The keyboard is name LatinImeGoogle.apk in the rom system/apps folder.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i didn't need to rename or rezip - just installed thru recovery, including the fix, and worked fine...

keeping it real, how are things in the 'Ha?! sure do miss that place - but definitely not this time of year! :)

For All droid users you are going to have download the file and unzip it and Then go into system/apps folder and rename The keyborad from LatinIME.apk To LatinImeGoogle.apk. Then use winzip or 7zip and rezip the file back up then you should be good to go. Its working great on my Droid one phone.

:icon_eek:
I didn't have to do this. I just booted into recovery, installed the zip as usual, and rebooted. Maybe it depends what ROM you're using. FWIW, I'm using a UD ROM.

Im using The UD 2.3 rom and The keyboard is name LatinImeGoogle.apk in the rom system/apps folder.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed, Original Droid running sapphire 1.1.1, black bar theme.

Had no second android KB to uncheck, Large size (at least I think I would know if it were mini right? :) )

Looks great, have to get used to working it now, but awesome!

Update: For those asking why they don't have the settings key, it seems by default it is set not to show, you can change that is settings itself, I like it as is, a long press of mic. In fact it will take a short time to get used to long pressing to get things, but the response is terrific IMO.

Last edited:

nate94gt

Reaction score
Droid 1 here... i picked up the updated keyboard, but auto-correct is not working. The word prediction works, but it wont auto-correct.
So if i type "tge" it wont auto-correct to "the", however "the" does show up under word prediction.

anyone else having that issue?

publicanimal

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that fixing already typed words doesn't work? So let's say I am typing and I type "spit" when I meant to type "spot" and keep typing. Then before I send the text I notice the mistake. If I then tap "spit" it brings up options of other words I can change that to. If I then tap "spot" what should happen is it will change "spit" to "spot".

Instead I get "spspotit".

Can this be fixed?

tbone73

Reaction score
This works GREAT thank you Fabolous. Question though, how do you get the "enter" button instead of the "smiley"?