MIUI 3D Gallery

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

I just went through data/app and there is no gallery, maybe I got lucky doing it the way I did, I don't know but it worked perfectly for me, I also am not running MIUI, don't think that would matter though.

Since you installed as a regular app using the system's package installer, the package name was used; you'll find it as com.cooliris.media-1.apk in "/data/app/".

imthedude82

Reaction score
Just pushed over. Same "lockscreen wallpaper" problem (pushed with ADB, but not a big deal) and this gallery is at WARP SPEED! Nice find. dancedroid

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just went through data/app and there is no gallery, maybe I got lucky doing it the way I did, I don't know but it worked perfectly for me, I also am not running MIUI, don't think that would matter though.

Since you installed as a regular app using the system's package installer, the package name was used; you'll find it as com.cooliris.media-1.apk in "/data/app/".
Yep, you are right, not that I thought you were wrong, I just thought my way worked as well. So starting over, I should move the new file into system/app, fix permissions and reboot?

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

You can do it either way, I was just telling you that you did both, resulting in having the app installed twice, which is a waste of space really. I just recommend to do either one, or the other, but not both.

So either push to system, fix permissions or install as normal app.

mjh68

Reaction score
You can do it either way, I was just telling you that you did both, resulting in having the app installed twice, which is a waste of space really. I just recommend to do either one, or the other, but not both.

So either push to system, fix permissions or install as normal app.

Zero, do you have any idea why some of us can't access the gallery while trying to change the lockscreen wallpaper ? I installed using root explorer and changed permissions and I tried to fix permissions without success. Can you think of anything else I could try ?

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

I have a feeling it's similar to a problem I had once when trying to swap out launchers in /system/app/ once. When I'd swap out the launcher that was installed on ROM flash and then swap it out by pushing a new one, I'd lose all functionality of the home soft button, and the only way I found to fix it was to do a factory reset, prompting me to go through the phone set up (even though I always skip the phone set up), then it would work again.

So to anyone having the lock screen wallpaper problem, try doing a factory reset, I suspect when you set your phone up again the new gallery will work for lock screen wallpapers.

mjh68

Reaction score
I have a feeling it's similar to a problem I had once when trying to swap out launchers in /system/app/ once. When I'd swap out the launcher that was installed on ROM flash and then swap it out by pushing a new one, I'd lose all functionality of the home soft button, and the only way I found to fix it was to do a factory reset, prompting me to go through the phone set up (even though I always skip the phone set up), then it would work again.

So to anyone having the lock screen wallpaper problem, try doing a factory reset, I suspect when you set your phone up again the new gallery will work for lock screen wallpapers.

Last question, are you talking about the factory reset option in system settings or through recovery ? If I do that through system settings I won't lose the license for my paid apps will I ?
Thank you for the help

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

They are both the same thing, so you can do either of them, but I'd rather do it from recovery, since the recovery factory reset also clears your apps2sd folder. Clearing that folder minimizes "failed to install" problems a lot of people have. The system tends to "failed to install" when it tries to install an app and finds lingering files of a previous install on the SD card.

And you won't lose the license for your paid apps, those are tied directly to your Google account, so just logging into your Google account permits you to get your paid apps again.

It's a bit bothersome though, since you will be doing a factory reset, you'll have to re-download all your apps again if you haven't made a backup. But I'd recommend making a backup with the MIUI backup app (since you'll be restoring onto the same MIUI version, it should work flawlessly) and restore apps and only app data for those apps which you truly need app data restored for.

mjh68

Reaction score
They are both the same thing, so you can do either of them, but I'd rather do it from recovery, since the recovery factory reset also clears your apps2sd folder. Clearing that folder minimizes "failed to install" problems a lot of people have. The system tends to "failed to install" when it tries to install an app and finds lingering files of a previous install on the SD card.

And you won't lose the license for your paid apps, those are tied directly to your Google account, so just logging into your Google account permits you to get your paid apps again.

It's a bit bothersome though, since you will be doing a factory reset, you'll have to re-download all your apps again if you haven't made a backup. But I'd recommend making a backup with the MIUI backup app (since you'll be restoring onto the same MIUI version, it should work flawlessly) and restore apps and only app data for those apps which you truly need app data restored for.

Ok, thank you will try this asap. I don't really have that many apps so not to big of a deal.

StealthMode

Reaction score
I just did a factory reset from recovery like you said, and I still have the issue. >.<

hoppermi

Reaction score
How can I do this using terminal emulator? what command do I type in after I put the file on the root of my sd card.

Code:
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod 644 /system/app/Gallery3D.apk
busybox mount -o remount,ro /system

I used the above method of install and have lockscreen gallery function.