MIUI 3D Gallery

mjb0314

Reaction score
Rename from zip to apk I believe.

I think after switching to this Gallery (which is awesomely fast) I can no longer change my lockscreen wallpaper from the Gallery, I can only choose one of the defaults that come with MIUI. It doesn't give me the option to choose something from the Gallery basically.

I'm having the same issue. I cannot change my lockscreen wallpaper from the Gallery. I've already fixed permissions.

Not a huge deal, but I thought I would let everyone know that StealthMode isn't the only one with this issue.

hoppermi

Reaction score
which method of install did you guys use? I used the terminal command posted by jamezelle.

taward09

Reaction score
Ok, so to be clear, this is NOT a themed MIUI Gallery? I adb pushed the apk to /system/app and rebooted and I can't seem to tell much of a difference.

mjb0314

Reaction score
which method of install did you guys use? I used the terminal command posted by jamezelle.

I used root explorer. I moved the old version to my sdcard and then moved the new version to /system/app, changed permissions, and rebooted.

Maybe I'll try it again with adb.

StealthMode

Reaction score
I also just used Root Explorer. Changed permissions manually, and also using RM. It works fine, except for the lockscreen wallpaper issue.

bstealthy

Reaction score
same issue here I used root explorer method and can't use the gallery for lockscreen wallpaper

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just installed this on UD 2.3 and it worked flawlessly. There is a huge difference in loading speed. Great find!

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

hoppermi

Reaction score
Do ya think it will be included in the 12. 3 release?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Even if its not in the Chinese MIUI rom, I'm sure it will be in the Team D1 MIUI rom. It is that much faster.

mjb0314

Reaction score
for those who used pushed this using terminal emulator...are you able to change lockscreen wallpaper?

worked for me:)

hopefully we can get a couple more people to chime in...I really would like to go ahead an do this but I want to know the best way so I don't have this problem.

I tried it both ways and still had the same problem. I've gone back to the original version.

Give it a shot. You can always revert back to the original version if it doesn't work out.

mjh68

Reaction score
for those who used pushed this using terminal emulator...are you able to change lockscreen wallpaper?

worked for me:)

hopefully we can get a couple more people to chime in...I really would like to go ahead an do this but I want to know the best way so I don't have this problem.

Well, I changed it using the root explorer method and it works great for the gallery. I am missing the option to change the lockscreen wallpaper using the gallery. I can change it using the preinstalled ones that came with rom though.
I would like to use my gallery for lockscreen so if anyone has a fix let me know.

edit:just tried the suggestion to run fix permissions and reboot. Still didn't give me the option to use gallery with lockscreen, just desktop.

Last edited:

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Remember to fix permissions after you push the apk to /system/app/

If using adb, then:

adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Gallery3D.apk

If using terminal emulator, then:

su
chmod 644 /system/app/Gallery3D.apk

Noob question for you Zero. If I use Titanium backup to remove Gallery3D.apk and then install the new version from my sdcard with Astro, does that accomplish the same thing as changing permissions? I used the terminal method above this time but in the past I've never changed permissions on system apps.