MIUI 3D Gallery

T

treym

I was just wondering if this passed under the radar?

MIUI 3D Gallery

UPDATE: I installed this and saw a VERY big speed improvement with image loading times. VERY NICE! Below I am providing a link to the file for those who do not have miui.com accounts. So far as I can tell, there is no need to translate.

GALLERY3D LOOKS NO DIFFERENT AFTER INSTALLING.

Gallery3D.apk <---(you need to push this to /system/app to overwrite the old Gallery3D.apk)

note: Some users report the inability to change lockscreen wallpaper and the devs are looking into what causes this scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingdroid81

Reaction score
I was just wondering if this passed under the radar? I haven't seen it translated or anything...

MIUI 3D Gallery

101114111519476e231f7e641b.png
Mmm.. Maybe next release?

OP
T

treym

Ok I installed it. WOW my pics loaded blazingly fast. I'm gonna update OP with apk link.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I installed it. WOW my pics loaded blazingly fast. I'm gonna update OP with apk link.

confirmed much faster loading of pics, almost instant

Wolf_Droid

Reaction score
I was just wondering if this passed under the radar?

MIUI 3D Gallery

UPDATE: I installed this and saw a VERY big speed improvement with image loading times. VERY NICE! Below I am providing a link to the file for those who do not have miui.com accounts. So far as I can tell, there is no need to translate.

Gallery3D.apk <---(you need to push this to /system/app to overwrite the old Gallery3D.apk)

101114111519476e231f7e641b.png
How do you push this to system/app? Will this work on version 0.11.19 V1.3?

OP
T

treym

should work on ANY rom tbh. You'll need root explorer, system app remover, adb or you can use terminal emulator. <- one of those options. (forgive me if I don't know the terminal commands :eek:) basically, you need to either push it over the existing Gallery3D.apk, or remove the old one first and install this new one like any other apk.

To push it using adb (you'll need the android sdk installed on your computer)

put this new gallery in your tools folder of the sdk, open a command window, type:

adb push Gallery3D.apk /system/app

I'm horrible at helping people... sorry lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Droidfish

Reaction score
Thanks Trey, definitely passed under my radar, the gallery has been driving me nuts lately, not to the point where I would drop Miui but more to where I would want to bang my head against a wall.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

Remember to fix permissions after you push the apk to /system/app/

If using adb, then:

adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Gallery3D.apk

If using terminal emulator, then:

su
chmod 644 /system/app/Gallery3D.apk

tu3218

Reaction score
How can I do this using terminal emulator? what command do I type in after I put the file on the root of my sd card.

Eschy

Reaction score
should work on ANY rom tbh. You'll need root explorer, system app remover, adb or you can use terminal emulator. <- one of those options. (forgive me if I don't know the terminal commands :eek:) basically, you need to either push it over the existing Gallery3D.apk, or remove the old one first and install this new one like any other apk.

To push it using adb (you'll need the android sdk installed on your computer)

put this new gallery in your tools folder of the sdk, open a command window, type:

adb push Gallery3D.apk /system/app

I'm horrible at helping people... sorry lol

dont forget "adb remount /system" first or it wont work. Then "adb push Gallery3D.apk /system/app"

Reaction score
WOW! That is much much faster. It was pretty frustating trying to show people pictures and having to wait for the gallery to load ALL DAY!