Gallery Speed Quickfix

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by TedWilliams, Dec 13, 2010.

1. TedWilliams

TedWilliams Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd give those interested an update regarding the sluggish gallery:

So, I flashed 12.11 with no problems, restored my apps using Titanium. I went in to change my wallpaper and noticed that my gallery was slow like the stock version, so I did exactly like I said above. Just redownload the 3Dgallery.apk (some may not need to if they have a copy saved on their sdcard), change the name of the 3dgallery.apk that's in your /system/app folder to .bak, and copy the 3dgallery apk from your sdcard and paste it in to /system/app. Fix the permissions for it, then reboot. Once you reboot, open up your gallery and it should haul now. However, you shouldn't be able to choose an image for your lockscreen. If you can, awesome, if you can't, reflash the current MIUI version (12.11) without wiping or anything, and everything will be good as gold; gallery will load fast, and you'll be able to choose lockscreen images from gallery.

For those who don't have the apk, you can find it here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/101608-miui-3d-gallery.html

Search tags for this page
how to fix lag miui gallery
miui 6 slow gallery
miui gallery is lag

miui gallery lag

miui gallery lags
miui gallery langsam

miui gallery slow

miui gallery working very slow
miui slow gallery fix
speed up gallery miui