Gallery Speed Quickfix

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
just flashed. same problems as before with the addition of the gallery slow down we saw on earlier builds. also, this time not even my google settings (wifi passwords for example) didn't sync. so now.. i gotta.. uhajsdl;fadjksf;lakjsflasdf. whatever. good build.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but the way I fixed the slowness of the gallery in the last release was by redownloading the 3dgallery apk, renaming the current one to .bak, moving the newly downloaded version there, fixed permissions, and then rebooted. This fixed the gallery speed, but I couldn't change lockscreen wallpaper, so I reflashed 12.2 and everything was gravy.

That being said, perhaps you can do the same thing but instead of flashing 12.2, you'd flash 12.11 without wiping. I'm gonna test it out here shortly.

Just thought I'd give those interested an update regarding the sluggish gallery:

So, I flashed 12.11 with no problems, restored my apps using Titanium. I went in to change my wallpaper and noticed that my gallery was slow like the stock version, so I did exactly like I said above. Just redownload the 3Dgallery.apk (some may not need to if they have a copy saved on their sdcard), change the name of the 3dgallery.apk that's in your /system/app folder to .bak, and copy the 3dgallery apk from your sdcard and paste it in to /system/app. Fix the permissions for it, then reboot. Once you reboot, open up your gallery and it should haul now. However, you shouldn't be able to choose an image for your lockscreen. If you can, awesome, if you can't, reflash the current MIUI version (12.11) without wiping or anything, and everything will be good as gold; gallery will load fast, and you'll be able to choose lockscreen images from gallery.

For those who don't have the apk, you can find it here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/101608-miui-3d-gallery.html