1.6.3.0 Stuck at "M" No Recovery

Froyo

Reaction score
[HELP] 1.6.3.0 Stuck at "M" No Recovery

[I actually posted this in the forums on the official MIUI site as well, but those boards don't seem to be very active]

Ive been flashing ROMs to my Droid for a year now, (now my Tbolt), and since flashing this latest version of MIUI today, after the initial startup, everything seems to run smoothly, but once turning the phone off, I get stuck at the "M" screen.

The first time this happened I was able to reboot into recovery (latest Clockwork Recovery), wipe everything, and I mean everything, thoroughly...then reflashed again. It booted up, worked fine...I shut the phone down, went to turn it back on...and same thing. Stuck at the "M". Only now I can't even boot into recovery manually. Any ideas what could be causing this, and how to possibly fix this? I've never sweated boot loop issues before, as I've always been able to get right back into recovery. But now that I can't, I'm stumped.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is go to RaidZero's section on this board and flash his recovery (or clockwork, as I believe he has an SBF of that too) via SBF (RSDLite). This is your only option if you can't boot or boot into recovery.

Good luck.

chewy74

Reaction score
Wait, are you on Droid 1 or tbolt?

This ROM is for droid 1

OP
F

Froyo

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have used RSD Lite befoe for flashing back to stock on Moto Droid to unroot it, so I did already have RSD Lite 4.6 on my windows 7 laptop. However, I can't flash any sbfs. I'm able to put my phone into bootloader mode, then plug it in to my laptop, to which my Droid appears to show up as a device in the grid at the bottom and says "Connected..." under "status"

However, after I click "..." and navigate to where the sbf is...the "start" button to begin flashing remains grayed out. I have tried with two different sbf recovery files now, with the same result. This was happeneing on RSDLite 4.6 a couple minutes ago, so I uninstalled, and installed, 4.9, but only to get the same results. And yes, I am logged on as an administrator, and have all the drivers installed.

Can anybody help me out here...I really don't want to see my OG Droid finally die.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Peter Alfonso has some sbf's on his website you can try flashing, they are unrooted stock though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have used RSD Lite befoe for flashing back to stock on Moto Droid to unroot it, so I did already have RSD Lite 4.6 on my windows 7 laptop. However, I can't flash any sbfs. I'm able to put my phone into bootloader mode, then plug it in to my laptop, to which my Droid appears to show up as a device in the grid at the bottom and says "Connected..." under "status"

However, after I click "..." and navigate to where the sbf is...the "start" button to begin flashing remains grayed out. I have tried with two different sbf recovery files now, with the same result. This was happeneing on RSDLite 4.6 a couple minutes ago, so I uninstalled, and installed, 4.9, but only to get the same results. And yes, I am logged on as an administrator, and have all the drivers installed.

Can anybody help me out here...I really don't want to see my OG Droid finally die.

That's only rsdlite. Not your phone. Have you tried moving the sbf to a different location? Like in the rsdlite folder? Or on c:? Or renaming it somethingelse.sbf?

Sent from my A855.

OP
F

Froyo

Reaction score
I didn't try renaming any of them. I tried three different sbf files. two out of three of them have the aformentioned problem where the "start" option is grayed out. There's a third one, which is an sbf for RZR's recovery only, that does let me click start, but as soon as I click it within a second it says flashing failed.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a log output of why it failed.

Also, make sure you have the newest drivers. And if you have motoconnect it is not active in your taskbar.

Trust me, as long as you do one of the things I've mentioned, it will work.

Sent from my A855.

sellie

Reaction score
same issue here. was on 1.5.20 with minimal issues this one got stuck on the M but was able to flash another rom. Also my wireless thether wouldn't work with this build either. First i flashed back to 1.5.20 but it wouldn't work there either. Flashed a different rom and it works fine now.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
There is a log output of why it failed.

Also, make sure you have the newest drivers. And if you have motoconnect it is not active in your taskbar.

Trust me, as long as you do one of the things I've mentioned, it will work.

Sent from my A855.
Since its windows 7, running RSD as administrator actually DOES make a difference!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
F

Froyo

Reaction score
Solved. Turned out to be quite a convoluted problem with some sort of error in the code of RSDLite that a guy on another forum who apparently is some sort of computer scientist, was able to identify and provide me, and some others a fix.

Kudos to him and everyone for their help.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Solved. Turned out to be quite a convoluted problem with some sort of error in the code of RSDLite that a guy on another forum who apparently is some sort of computer scientist, was able to identify and provide me, and some others a fix.

Kudos to him and everyone for their help.

Agreed. Thats what I figured was the issue. I've linked that myself many times. Glad you made out ok.