Minor update rolling out now (or soon)

HowardZ

Reaction score
I think there is a second possibility as to why Verizon forced the update and will not talk about what is in it.

There might be such a bad mistake in the firmware programming that Verizon is too embarrassed to discuss it.

Coupe

Reaction score
Or, it could have to do with DMCA tracking / torrents & throttling...its all speculation until someone takes it apart or VZW/HTC tell us.

rbw62

Reaction score
Well let's see what we have here.

Verizon gave up releasing the global updated why? Because the rezound is too old to bother with jelly beans, global update, or anything else.

But the rezound uses LTE, and will continue to be used for a few more years. So this update has something to do with a LTE change.

This update is so important that it gets forced onto the phones without giving the phone owners a choice.

This update has something so unpopular, that Verizon is unwilling to reveal what it does, and instead lies to us.

My best guess is a LTE slowdown rationing system targeting people with unlimited data. The more you use, the slower it will work.

This is my guess, and I am sticking to it.

Current download is averaging over 30 MBs, with up of over 8. There goes the speed throttle theory....

Sent from Batcave

Coupe

Reaction score
Current download is averaging over 30 MBs, with up of over 8. There goes the speed throttle theory....

Sent from Batcave

But what is your current total for the month?

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
According to some of the developers on XDA, this is nothing but some minor patching to a few APKs for bugs (about 20) and fixing a 911 issue... No other significant changes and it was probably forced out due to a 911 issue.

More detail (though not much more) is available here: Minor OTA coming? - xda-developers but it reads like most threads on XDA, so take it for what it is worth. If someone would like to download the OTApkg.zip and tear it apart for themselves, it is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0o8yg8wsac24xp/OTAPkg.zip

armeddroid

Reaction score
Think this is a security update. HTC had issued a security patch to many 2011-2012 phones.
As for Jellybean, HTC told me that they are still reviewing the Rezound for JB. So we are in the waiting game for that.
I dont think we will see it anytime soon and if it comes, it wont be until June-July.
They also mentioned that they are now reviewing all devices that came out last year to see what gets JB but they did not say that it wasnt going to get it.
We shall see.
By the time it comes, I have a feeling, like the Tbolt, many will jump ship.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath... Vzw won't even push the global update. If there is one thing I dislike about them, it's their lack of willingness to push updates. I understand their desire to control and manage the end user experience... But they should have an option for us who want the latest updates to opt in.

joedirt2217

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the failed attempts of updating? Finding my phone in recovery when I need to use it is starting to drive me nuts. I don't care if I get the update or not, just want it to stop. Any help would be appreciated!

peepmyswag

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the failed attempts of updating? Finding my phone in recovery when I need to use it is starting to drive me nuts. I don't care if I get the update or not, just want it to stop. Any help would be appreciated!

Not that this helps but I find my phone does it after a long period of inactivity. But a solution would be awesome. I suppose putting it in airplane mode would probably prevent it, but then you can't use the phone so.....