Yay! - ICS for the Rezound finally rolling out?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL, I've had ICS for years. Let me know if you want Klondike or Lollipop.

I've been running Melon on my Incredible 1 since 1999. :D

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Last edited:

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Looks like the .12 is having having a few issues, the .10 leak has been flawless for me, and I am sticking to it.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS/Galaxy Siii using Droid Forums
Sorry if this isn't the right spot, but I'm having all sorts of problems with the .12 OTA, see my latest post in the ICS bugs thread. Is it possible to go to the .10 leak? I held off from the leak, thinking the OTA would be good, but I am actually ready to sell my phone at this point.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the right spot, but I'm having all sorts of problems with the .12 OTA, see my latest post in the ICS bugs thread. Is it possible to go to the .10 leak? I held off from the leak, thinking the OTA would be good, but I am actually ready to sell my phone at this point.

If you have s-on, you can not go backwards to a previous version. however you can download the .12 ruu zip file and reinstall it. beware that you will lose all settings, the contents of internal sd, and you will need to reinstall all apps.

If you are s-off you can ruu back to any version.

Howard

p.s. if you are shopping for a new phone, the samsung galaxy s3 looks nice. I have another idea, if you really want gb back. Ask Verizon for a refurbished rezound, as they might still have gb installed.

Last edited:

mikeny

Reaction score
Is this a universal push or a phased roll-out? I'm on the .10 leak so I don't mind but my wife is still on stock GB and after clicking 'check for new software' it just kind of times out. It doesn't say 'no new software is available' or anything else. Under status, it only says Code 0, Verizon. We've rebooted many times and shut it off/removed the battery too. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
mikeny said:
Is this a universal push or a phased roll-out? I'm on the .10 leak so I don't mind but my wife is still on stock GB and after clicking 'check for new software' it just kind of times out. It doesn't say 'no new software is available' or anything else. Under status, it only says Code 0, Verizon. We've rebooted many times and shut it off/removed the battery too. Thanks.

According to those I know at Verizon, it was universal.....but even they admit that they are left in the dark about most things. Are you on a 4g connection when that happens?

mikeny

Reaction score
According to those I know at Verizon, it was universal.....but even they admit that they are left in the dark about most things. Are you on a 4g connection when that happens?
Thanks. That's not good. We've tried on the WiFi and on 4G.I guess a factory reset would be in order then? She really didn't want to lose her internal memory which is part of why I never installed the leak for her.

mikeny

Reaction score
Verizon CSR said it's not a universal push and advised not to do a factory reset. I wonder if she's right.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
mikeny said:
Thanks. That's not good. We've tried on the WiFi and on 4G.I guess a factory reset would be in order then? She really didn't want to lose her internal memory which is part of why I never installed the leak for her.

My phone wouldn't get updates. Didn't get the small maintenance update last January. I tried all the tricks from Verizon and HTC. In the end they said all I could do is exchange the phone. I loaded the ruu for ics (.10) and it was great. 2 days ago, loaded .12 and it has been flawless for me. You can copy the internal memory on your desk top and then copy and paste what you need back to your phone.

mikeny

Reaction score
My phone wouldn't get updates. Didn't get the small maintenance update last January. I tried all the tricks from Verizon and HTC. In the end they said all I could do is exchange the phone. I loaded the ruu for ics (.10) and it was great. 2 days ago, loaded .12 and it has been flawless for me. You can copy the internal memory on your desk top and then copy and paste what you need back to your phone.
Don't you still have to install all the apps again?

MJKneuro

Reaction score
mikeny said:
Don't you still have to install all the apps again?

Sure do, same as with a hard reset, but they will be listed in the Google play site under "my apps".

HowardZ

Reaction score

All I personally missed from internal sd after the .ics leak ruu install was the download and ringtones folders.

Reinstalling my over 100 apps and setting them up, and arranging the home screens takes hours.

For the .12 ruu install I made ample use of titanium backup. however, it isn't very simple to use.

When moving to another operating system version, it is not safe to restore everything that titanium backup saves.

Also, I restored the data of all user apps, and some like opera web browser would not work. So it is far from simple to use.

Last edited:

MJKneuro

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
All I personally missed from internal sd after the .ics leak ruu install was the download and ringtones folders.

Reinstalling my over 100 apps and setting them up, and arranging the home screens takes hours.

For the .12 ruu install I made ample use of titanium backup. however, it isn't very simple to use.

When moving to another operating system version, it is not safe to restore everything that titanium backup saves.

Also, I restored the data of all user apps, and some like opera web browser would not work. So it is far from simple to use.

A couple of the data storage programs I have stored their data on the internal memory and i couldn't figure out how to change it. It wasn't difficult to recover that data. On an unrooted phone so titanium wasn't an option.

vfp5

Reaction score
Am I the only one not to recieve the update? completely stock and not getting anything when I search for new updates :(

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
mikeny said:

If you are running the .10 leak, you will not get the .12 OTA, and from all the issues the .12 is having I am skipping it, have already downloaded to my pc but will not install it, since my phone runs flawless.

acejavelin

Reaction score
If you are running the .10 leak, you will not get the .12 OTA, and from all the issues the .12 is having I am skipping it, have already downloaded to my pc but will not install it, since my phone runs flawless.

The .12 OTA is almost identical to the .10 leak, the differences are extremely minor, same Sense, same radios, same kernel, etc. 99% of all the problems people are having are related to apps installed and since the .10 leak required a factory default, there were few issues. Almost everyone who has had issues with the OTA who then do a factory default find their issues are gone. The .12 OTA is just as stable and usable as the .10 RUU if it is installed the same way (with a factory default wipe).