Official ICS coming end of July

JeffDenver

Reaction score
HTC Support: Rezound ICS Update Coming End of July – Droid Life

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding the Android 4.0 update. I understand that you are excited to receive the update for your HTC Rezound. I will be happy to share the information I have with you.

The ICS (Android 4.0) update will be released for the Rezound by the end of this month (July) with final pushes in August. Due to localization, testing, and partner approvals, updates do not roll out to all devices at the same time. For devices on a wide variety of carriers and in many countries, rollouts can take up to 45 days from the initial update to reach everyone. It’s almost here, Andrew! We are as excited as you are. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Jauna [Mann]

HTC

Her real last name is not Mann. I just thought it was funny.

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
This was posted in the Ics thread on the rezound section I believe. Be nice if true.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I got tired if waiting and installed the latest ics leak yesterday and then rooted it.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Waiting for the official update so I can call about the bluetooth dropouts I have been getting from the leak

CHRIS

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND

dzuchowski

Reaction score
Waiting for the official update so I can call about the bluetooth dropouts I have been getting from the leak

CHRIS

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND

Waiting for ics so I can complain about not having official jelly bean

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Touche' (not that I'm French, or even like the French)

Escobar

Reaction score
dzuchowski said:
Waiting for ics so I can complain about not having official jelly bean

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha that's all its gonna turn into. I doubt we will see Jelly Bean actually. HTC and Verizon especially don't seem to care about this phone, at all.

Snoking

Reaction score
Escobar said:
Hahaha that's all its gonna turn into. I doubt we will see Jelly Bean actually. HTC and Verizon especially don't seem to care about this phone, at all.

Why would they push it, people will like it and use it for the full two years or maybe beyond! Sell them a pos and then they will come back and pay big dollars for something better. Friends went to VZW for phones and came home with LG's that they now do not like.

Mudthis

Reaction score
Question I have rooted my phone do I have to do something prior to the new ICS update or can I go ahead and accept to update my phone, I have verizon and I keep getting messages to allow my phone to update, I wasn't sure if I would screw something up

OP
JeffDenver

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I updated the last time from root, but I did not have a custom ROM installed. I have the stock ROM still with all bloat intact.

But when I upgraded OTA, all it did was unroot me. Otherwise everything worked fine.

tc1

Reaction score

And I've got a bad feeling that the ics update is going to be like the thunderbolt disaster.

Glitches, rebooting several times a day and worst of was verizons complete denial of any problem.

HowardZ

Reaction score
The latest ICS leak runs very well for me. The only mystery I have is why eventually the notification indicator light goes out that I have email. So the light works when I get emails during the day, but not when I wake up in the morning with emails waiting to be read.

anyway no crashes or other major problems.