Milestone vs droid....

Edmvr6

Reaction score
You guys have to check this video out.. Guy claims Verizon is expensive so he went out and did some research and beat the system..lol.. claims milestone punks droid and Iphone..

[video=youtube;oZ1Y3ftDIME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ1Y3ftDIME[/video]

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I thought the Milestone WAS the Droid, just for sale in Europe?

OK, I don't know how I made it through that entire video. :icon_eek: And how much do you want to bet that those wallpapers on his phone are pictures of himself? I have a hunch there...

Anyway, his basic points are that on the Milestone you can pinch to zoom, flash comes on the phone, and the plan is cheaper on T Mobile than it is on Verizon--$80/mo unlimited data, voice and text. But it's not on 3G with TMobile.

So he spent $700 on a phone in order to save $70/mo in fees. It will take him 10 months to recoup the investment. (Not that he mentions this.)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok droid $200 milestone $700. I don't see that as beating the system. Since I doubt the milestone is $500 better and plans for using unlocked phones on any carrier are higher. Is this really a win?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Ok droid $200 milestone $700. I don't see that as beating the system. Since I doubt the milestone is $500 better and plans for using unlocked phones on any carrier are higher. Is this really a win?

And if you were already on Verizon and due to upgrade, the phone is $99. Or, if you buy it online, $99 with a second phone (not a smartphone) free.

OP
Edmvr6

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I agree with you both... but i do like that pinch to zoom.. I dont really like the dolphin browser.. Is there any chance we will be able to get that with an OTA system update in the future?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

boatman2220

Reaction score
T-Mobile doesn't have the coverage as Verizon, the features he likes, I bet we get before long. As far as the phone bill, sure I'd love it to be less. He's going on about the things he's willing to do without. Sounds as he'd be better off with a regular phone and get a netbook. They cost less than the Milestone that he bought.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Built-In FLASH???? It's just loading the youtube video with the youtube app.

bots

Reaction score
This guy is a complete moron. He thinks he has discovered some "secret" because he just learned that you can buy phones unlocked & unbranded. This idea has been around forever. Everyone here already knows about the milestone, most of us chose the droid over the milestone. I don't pay anywhere near 200 dollars a month for my verizon service & I never get any unexpected charges. Yeah, you can buy a milestone for 750 bucks, and spend 80 bucks a month on crappy t-mobile service, or you can buy a droid, given at this time has a few less features (multitiouch for example, which is useless imho) for 99 bucks and maybe 100 bucks a month for service. The superb reception from verizon and the 3G signal is definitely worth the extra 20 bucks a month IMHO. Plus, I get to tool around with my phone and try to make it better. We WILL have multitouch in a few weeks, if not days. We WILL have flash soon also. There is no difference between droid and milestone besides software differences, which are being "singled out" at an amazing speed. In fact, he milestone is yet to be rooted so I expect the droid to pass up the milestone in terms of functionallity before the first update for the milestone goes OTA. As for me, I'd rather spend 99 bucks on a phone, root it, then actually LEARN things by developing apps and customizing my phone the way I want it. While all the while learning a few things about android, java, and linux. Then, in maybe a year or 18 months, I can use my upgrade and buy a new badass phone for another measly 100-200 bucks. Rinse, lather, repeat. Milestone does NOT have flash either. What a [Edited by FoxKat for content]. This guy acts like he has never heard of an unlocked phone being released and thinks he has discovered the fountain of youth, while in reality he sounds like a completely uneducated douche to me. Wow. Got off on a rant there for a min. Anyhoo- how do y'all feel about this butt-dart?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Interesting that the JR site shows the phone with turn to turn Nav in the spect's

As the milestone got the pinch to zoom feature and here in the USA we got the turn to turn Nav. Google said no Nav for milestone in europe because they are not licenced there for it.

I believe the reason we did not get pinch to zoom here in the US was a deal worked out with verizon and apple. If iphone comes to verizon and everything points in the direction that it will, then it only makes sense.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
This guy is a complete moron. He thinks he has discovered some "secret" because he just learned that you can buy phones unlocked & unbranded. This idea has been around forever. Everyone here already knows about the milestone, most of us chose the droid over the milestone. I don't pay anywhere near 200 dollars a month for my verizon service & I never get any unexpected charges. Yeah, you can buy a milestone for 750 bucks, and spend 80 bucks a month on crappy t-mobile service, or you can buy a droid, given at this time has a few less features (multitiouch for example, which is [Edited by FoxKat for content] imho) for 99 bucks and maybe 100 bucks a month for service. The superb reception from verizon and the 3G signal is definitely worth the extra 20 bucks a month IMHO. Plus, I get to tool around with my phone and try to make it better. We WILL have multitouch in a few weeks, if not days. We WILL have flash soon also. There is no difference between droid and milestone besides software differences, which are being "singled out" at an amazing speed. In fact, he milestone is yet to be rooted so I expect the droid to pass up the milestone in terms of functionallity before the first update for the milestone goes OTA. As for me, I'd rather spend 99 bucks on a phone, root it, then actually LEARN things by developing apps and customizing my phone the way I want it. While all the while learning a few things about android, java, and linux. Then, in maybe a year or 18 months, I can use my upgrade and buy a new badass phone for another measly 100-200 bucks. Rinse, lather, repeat. Milestone does NOT have flash either. What a [Edited by FoxKat for content]. This guy acts like he has never heard of an unlocked phone being released and thinks he has discovered the fountain of youth, while in reality he sounds like a completely uneducated douche to me. Wow. Got off on a rant there for a min. Anyhoo- how do y'all feel about this butt-dart?
Remember our Droid does have the ability to multi-touch its just google didn't include the functionality in its stock apps for what-ever the legal reasons some are speculating. So we do have multi touch, the hardware is capable so his point about pinch to zoom is moot.

I think this guys head is getting a little big, worse part of it is no-one is callinghim out in the youtube comments.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Well, it did take awhile for him to not tell me ANYTHING, other than he didn't like Verizon. He needs to go talk to Luke. LOL

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
This guy is a complete moron. He thinks he has discovered some "secret" because he just learned that you can buy phones unlocked & unbranded. This idea has been around forever. Everyone here already knows about the milestone, most of us chose the droid over the milestone. I don't pay anywhere near 200 dollars a month for my verizon service & I never get any unexpected charges. Yeah, you can buy a milestone for 750 bucks, and spend 80 bucks a month on crappy t-mobile service, or you can buy a droid, given at this time has a few less features (multitiouch for example, which is [Edited by FoxKat for content] imho) for 99 bucks and maybe 100 bucks a month for service. The superb reception from verizon and the 3G signal is definitely worth the extra 20 bucks a month IMHO. Plus, I get to tool around with my phone and try to make it better. We WILL have multitouch in a few weeks, if not days. We WILL have flash soon also. There is no difference between droid and milestone besides software differences, which are being "singled out" at an amazing speed. In fact, he milestone is yet to be rooted so I expect the droid to pass up the milestone in terms of functionallity before the first update for the milestone goes OTA. As for me, I'd rather spend 99 bucks on a phone, root it, then actually LEARN things by developing apps and customizing my phone the way I want it. While all the while learning a few things about android, java, and linux. Then, in maybe a year or 18 months, I can use my upgrade and buy a new badass phone for another measly 100-200 bucks. Rinse, lather, repeat. Milestone does NOT have flash either. What a [Edited by FoxKat for content]. This guy acts like he has never heard of an unlocked phone being released and thinks he has discovered the fountain of youth, while in reality he sounds like a completely uneducated douche to me. Wow. Got off on a rant there for a min. Anyhoo- how do y'all feel about this butt-dart?

I think that most here agree the guy is a bit of a tool, yes. But you may want to lay off the gay slurs. Not cool.