Milestone vs droid....

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Yes the guy is a tool, i agree 100%

This guy is a complete moron. He thinks he has discovered some "secret" because he just learned that you can buy phones unlocked & unbranded. This idea has been around forever. Everyone here already knows about the milestone, most of us chose the droid over the milestone. I don't pay anywhere near 200 dollars a month for my verizon service & I never get any unexpected charges. Yeah, you can buy a milestone for 750 bucks, and spend 80 bucks a month on crappy t-mobile service, or you can buy a droid, given at this time has a few less features (multitiouch for example, which is [Edited by FoxKat for content] imho) for 99 bucks and maybe 100 bucks a month for service. The superb reception from verizon and the 3G signal is definitely worth the extra 20 bucks a month IMHO. Plus, I get to tool around with my phone and try to make it better. We WILL have multitouch in a few weeks, if not days. We WILL have flash soon also. There is no difference between droid and milestone besides software differences, which are being "singled out" at an amazing speed. In fact, he milestone is yet to be rooted so I expect the droid to pass up the milestone in terms of functionallity before the first update for the milestone goes OTA. As for me, I'd rather spend 99 bucks on a phone, root it, then actually LEARN things by developing apps and customizing my phone the way I want it. While all the while learning a few things about android, java, and linux. Then, in maybe a year or 18 months, I can use my upgrade and buy a new badass phone for another measly 100-200 bucks. Rinse, lather, repeat. Milestone does NOT have flash either. What a [Edited by FoxKat for content]. This guy acts like he has never heard of an unlocked phone being released and thinks he has discovered the fountain of youth, while in reality he sounds like a completely uneducated douche to me. Wow. Got off on a rant there for a min. Anyhoo- how do y'all feel about this butt-dart?

Last edited by a moderator:

bots

Reaction score
Remember our Droid does have the ability to multi-touch its just google didn't include the functionality in its stock apps for what-ever the legal reasons some are speculating. So we do have multi touch, the hardware is capable so his point about pinch to zoom is moot.

I think this guys head is getting a little big, worse part of it is no-one is callinghim out in the youtube comments.

Yeah I know I had Eugenes rom on my droid... It's probably a matter of days before we see it on 2.1 (Which I'm currently running) Pinch-to-zoom is worse in my opinion than tap-to-zoom. It is completely aesthetic. Functionality is not increased at at all with pinch-to-zoom, in fact, it is worsened. Plus- If playing a youtube vid is "Flash Support" then I suppose the droid runs flash no problemo as well...

Sorry JessiesGirl, didn't mean to offend. I will edit accordingly:)

praeceps

Reaction score
Not to burst anyone's bubble but the Droid without buying it through Verizon(a.k.a. the full retail rice) is just below that. I do believe it's roughly $650. So that does sound about right though.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
dude is a complete tool. making android users look no better than iphone sackriders /sigh

edit: i called him out on it on the video page

Taina51

Reaction score
Ok droid $200 milestone $700. I don't see that as beating the system. Since I doubt the milestone is $500 better and plans for using unlocked phones on any carrier are higher. Is this really a win?

And if you were already on Verizon and due to upgrade, the phone is $99. Or, if you buy it online, $99 with a second phone (not a smartphone) free.

...and if your 2nd line was do for an upgrade (Nov. - Dec 25 ) you could get a FREE HTC Eris!!! The bottom line is, do you want to sacrifice sooo much (quality of service and covarage) for such small gains??:greendroid:

MrTommy

Reaction score
Huh?

I don't get the point of the whole video. Is he trying to justify his decision to fork out big bucks, while those of us who got the 'everyday' Droid are now the "unwashed"?

Please...

Taina51

Reaction score
I resently welcomed someone to this forum by saying how nice people were and I have to say I was surprised by how personal the comments were on this poor fellow. This is my first forum (I'm not sure if that's the way they are) but up untill now I have enjoyed all the helpful hints and encouragements that people have shared. If this youngman is wrong, uneducated,...shouldn't we point out his mistakes in a supportive way? I'm sure we have all made a mistake or two before:)

joshua117

Reaction score
I resently welcomed someone to this forum by saying how nice people were and I have to say I was surprised by how personal the comments were on this poor fellow. This is my first forum (I'm not sure if that's the way they are) but up untill now I have enjoyed all the helpful hints and encouragements that people have shared. If this youngman is wrong, uneducated,...shouldn't we point out his mistakes in a supportive way? I'm sure we have all made a mistake or two before:)

Taina, let me start by also welcoming you to the forum:). While I see your point on this matter, a lot of people here just don't see the point the video poster is trying to make. Does he believe he has discovered something that we didn't already know, or is he trying to come off as condescending to others that are on verizon? I personally don't know nor really care, in my opinion the whole video is pointless. You will have to forgive others on this post (myself included, when i first watched the video my first thought was 'who moved the rock'), but for the most part this is one of the best forums out there. Everyone is very knowledgeable, helpful (and try to be) understanding. I hope this will not discourage you from posting in the future.

Taina51

Reaction score

Taina, let me start by also welcoming you to the forum:). While I see your point on this matter, a lot of people here just don't see the point the video poster is trying to make. Does he believe he has discovered something that we didn't already know, or is he trying to come off as condescending to others that are on verizon? I personally don't know nor really care, in my opinion the whole video is pointless. You will have to forgive others on this post (myself included, when i first watched the video my first thought was 'who moved the rock'), but for the most part this is one of the best forums out there. Everyone is very knowledgeable, helpful (and try to be) understanding. I hope this will not discourage you from posting in the future.

Thank you for your kind reply. I agree this is a nice forum...let's keep it that way! I also agree that this kid is not well informed but we don't need to go down to his level. Once again, thank you.:)