maxx issues

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Definitely try reseating your sim, be careful with it when you do.

Also give the moto "restore connection" app a try. See if it helps.

Also are you in an existing 4g area, or one of the new 4g areas?? The reason I ask is because they've been doing some tower tweaking in some areas... it could be related. But it may not. :) hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

I did the reseat of the sim before I left work last night. Connectivity was going out like CRAZY after I commented on this, go figure LOL. Then this morning (about 2am) I saw there was a software update and it hasn't happened since, but I also haven't used the phone much yet today (I will at work though, I get bored when I don't have anyone to sell phones to lol).
My house is in a 4G area, yes. My speed test this morning was 10.63Mbps download! Too bad the upload was only .81 lol. At work though (45 min away), the warehouse (Costco) gets pretty bad 4G and we have our demo VZW phones set to 3G because of it.

What exactly does the restore connection app do??

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I guess I should feel good that I'm not alone, but it is frustrating to be in a browser and then all of a sudden it drops out. I installed the "restore connect" app, but all that does is shut the device down and restart it. I shouldn't have to do that. When I'm home, I lose 4g, even though my wife, who has a Iphone, doesn't. A friend of mine was at the house and had no trouble getting 4g at my home with the same device as me.
Are there defective devices out there? is it time for a recall?

Keep in mind that all iPhones only have 3G connectivity

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought reseating the SIM might have worked, but it has just dropped signal twice in 10 minutes. :(

94lt1 said:
Definitely try reseating your sim, be careful with it when you do.

Also give the moto "restore connection" app a try. See if it helps.

Also are you in an existing 4g area, or one of the new 4g areas?? The reason I ask is because they've been doing some tower tweaking in some areas... it could be related. But it may not. :) hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jackiescivic said:
Well, I thought reseating the SIM might have worked, but it has just dropped signal twice in 10 minutes. :(

You might try getting a new simcard. But something I should point out, both of my maxx's and my bionic have started having data drops. Just these last couple of days. I personally am starting to think that big red may be making some changes in their network, and our devices will hopefully catch-up with them after the next OTA.

I know this doesn't help, but the trend seems to be growing for bionic and razr/maxx users. I personally don't know any d4 users to inquire about this with. I know for a fact that big red is constantly having their antennas tweaked on the towers they're using. It may be related.?.?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I turned off 4g and haven't had a data drop yet. *knocks on wood* I am going to see what tech support says too