Maxx and 4g?

Lyubov

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has an issue staying connected to 3 and 4 g netvorks on verizon?
My phone(razr maxx) doesnt get a stable connection to either of the two. any ideas to what the problem could be? It wont even run the slow types of the net, but works well on wifi.

OP
Lyubov

Lyubov

Reaction score
yeah, it connects for a second after then disconects again.
I did everything verizon said was posseble including get new simcard.
I dont know if i should exchange my New Maxx for a used/refurbished one only after a week of use. Thats VZW's only other option

bblaedorn

Reaction score
same issue

Hello,

I have the same issue. The phone is about 1 week old and now all of the sudden the 4G is nonexistant. I can connect to wireless networks. I shut it down and reseated the sim card but still will not connect. Like you said when it boots it connects with 1 bar and then disconnects. Did you find any resolution?

Thanks,

Ben

wxman2003

Reaction score
Does this occur everywhere or just at home? At home I can get 4 to 5 bars with 3G, but only 1 bar on 4G. Most likely because the closest tower is 3G and am using a a more distant tower for 4G. At work, I get a sold 5 bars with 4G.

bblaedorn

Reaction score
I was poking around and I think I fixed it. Settings -> Wireless and Network Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> CDMA only

It was set for CDMA/LTE and once I changed to CDMA only it resolved the issue. Hopefully this helps

OP
Lyubov

Lyubov

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the same issue. The phone is about 1 week old and now all of the sudden the 4G is nonexistant. I can connect to wireless networks. I shut it down and reseated the sim card but still will not connect. Like you said when it boots it connects with 1 bar and then disconnects. Did you find any resolution?

Thanks,

Ben

No. No solutions yet. :( the only verizon option thats offered to me is to get a refurbished phone from them.

OP
Lyubov

Lyubov

Reaction score
I was poking around and I think I fixed it. Settings -> Wireless and Network Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> CDMA only

It was set for CDMA/LTE and once I changed to CDMA only it resolved the issue. Hopefully this helps
The 3g lasts about 10 min then disconects. And I'm fairly close to the tower. About a mile or 2 away.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try reseating your simcard.

Power off the device, remove the sim, (its fairly delicate so be careful) power on the device.
Power off, replace the sim, and power on.

Also try this, follow the link in the post above, its "restore connection" from Motorola. Run the app.

Hope this helps??
DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
Lyubov

Lyubov

Reaction score
If you have a separate battery saving app installed, it may be causing your problems. Download this app and it may fix you problem. If you have battery app, remove it first, then run this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDUwMSwiY29tLm1vdG9yb2xhLmFuZHJvaWQucmVzdG9yZWFwbi5kcm9pZHJhenIiXQ..

Thanks I think the app fixed my problem. Socar its been 10 min. and the 4g is still working.
I dont think that i had any bettery saveing apps.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Lyubov said:
Thanks I think the app fixed my problem. Socar its been 10 min. and the 4g is still working.
I dont think that i had any bettery saveing apps.

Dang! Lost 4G all day. First time this has happened with my Maxx. I live in a strong 4G area. I tried the moto connectivity app with no luck. Called Verizon and opened a repair ticket. Hope this gets fixed

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
Lyubov

Lyubov

Reaction score
Dang! Lost 4G all day. First time this has happened with my Maxx. I live in a strong 4G area. I tried the moto connectivity app with no luck. Called Verizon and opened a repair ticket. Hope this gets fixed

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Mine wentout again. So i guess its not app related. I also got the net booster. It seems to work but goes off afrer a while.:(
I'M also in the high 4g aria. Moms phone seems to work fine so its just mine that doesnt.