[ROM] Maverick ROM v3.5 for Droid 3

krazyace38

Reaction score
Ditto on the 2g3g, stable rom, and battery life also would like some customizations like AOKP ICS has for instance; the lock screen ( being able to add apps to lock screen), the weather in the pull down, and maybe a few other mods that anyone else can think of :)

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ditto on the 2g3g, stable rom, and battery life also would like some customizations like AOKP ICS has for instance; the lock screen ( being able to add apps to lock screen), the weather in the pull down, and maybe a few other mods that anyone else can think of :)

A lot of the ics cant be put in a blur rom because it isnt built from source. there are alternative for getting an ics-like lockscreen with apps in the market. Those might be worth looking into for your own preference. Im looking into off screen long press volume rockers for music controls. This may be an option for all of you as well.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

krazyace38

Reaction score
A lot of the ics cant be put in a blur rom because it isnt built from source. there are alternative for getting an ics-like lockscreen with apps in the market. Those might be worth looking into for your own preference. Im looking into off screen long press volume rockers for music controls. This may be an option for all of you as well.

Thanks Buckmarble for the reply. I've always had issues with the lock screen apps they don't lock half the time freeze up the phone and sometimes don't override the stock lock screen. Could u recommend a good one that doesn't have those issues? Good Job on the rom its fantastic keep up the good work.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Okay mavrom fans, the MR team has decided to stick with GB for now due to some of the lack of functionality ICS still has, like video, flash and battery life.
What we need from you:

-Input on what additional features you want
-input on a possible alternate lockscreen
-any other input you may have

- DJmod support for latest MAVROM
- Or improved stock notification-dropdown-bar (with options/settings, "silent/vibrate/sound toggle", good brightness toggle (which goes to previous value when turned off) and data toggle.

Last edited:
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What would you guys think of an aosp 2.3.7 build if i can get it working?

wildride89

Reaction score
That sounds sweet buck
Only thing I can think ofright now to change is the color of the time in status bar to same blue as 3g in bootloop madness theme

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay mavrom fans, the MR team has decided to stick with GB for now due to some of the lack of functionality ICS still has, like video, flash and battery life.
What we need from you:

-Input on what additional features you want
-input on a possible alternate lockscreen
-any other input you may have

Use the most current android os (gb ofcourse)
make mav have the same editable features as aokp ics...which is awsome!
Editable service provider text
weather in pulldown/lockscreen...
have multiple lockscreen option so users have more of a choice..

markallen1988

Reaction score
Does overclocking work with this ROM? I've tried everything to overclock using tekahunas kernel modules, and every time i try to change the frequency, the phone reboots. Has anyone successfully overclocked the Droid 3 with this ROM? I think it has something to do with it being on the .905 leaked update. help?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
2.3.7 project is underway. Going to take quite a while to do, but hopefully its worth it!

markallen1988

Reaction score
I'm glad you're staying on GB. ICS doesn't seem to run well on my phone. I love this ROM, but overclock support would be awesome. Just curious, what font did you use for this? I really like it.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Use the most current android os (gb ofcourse)
make mav have the same editable features as aokp ics...which is awsome!
Editable service provider text
weather in pulldown/lockscreen...
have multiple lockscreen option so users have more of a choice..

This was a quotte from Buckmarble to me:

windsmith

Reaction score
Bootloop with 3.0 or 3.5

I've installed Hashcode's Safestrap (v 1.08) and followed the installation instructions on the first page of this thread to the letter. After rebooting, I get the safestrap splash screen, and then a bootloop. Removing the battery does not fix the issue. Disabling safe system allows me to boot back to my original config. I have tried 3.0 and 3.5 with the same results. I searched the thread, but did not find anyone having a similar problem. Ideas?