Making call with Bluetooth head set

almostfriday

Reaction score
Motorola Droid does not seem to allow one touch to make voice calls and long touch to call the last call from the head set. Verizon says might be a bug and will be fixed in mid Jan 2010. More than 30 days past their return policy for the bluetooth. Any devices out there that will work?

Anyone else having the same problems?

I thank you in advance.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
blueant q1 - it also lets you listen to your music on it. :D

OP
almostfriday

almostfriday

Reaction score
Thanks for your repy. I went to the Blueant web site.
Are you using one currently? Does all the features work with the Motorola DROID?
Especially the voice activated calling.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
A cell phone that doesn't allow complete capability with a bluetooth hands free earpiece... how can a smart phone, be so DUMB when it comes to the most popular options and a safety issue.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
umm i saw how awesome it was on this site and ordered mine yesterday lol. do a blueant search in here and yu'll see it works great on the droid:D

spalding12

Reaction score
A cell phone that doesn't allow complete capability with a bluetooth hands free earpiece... how can a smart phone, be so DUMB when it comes to the most popular options and a safety issue.

so true....
this was a HUGE ERROR IN DESIGN by Motorola
what on earth were they thinking?

i know SEVERAL people who didn't buy one because of this very point
the update better come soon

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I couldn't see this issue as even coming close to being a deal breaker for me...But I don't talk and drive.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I couldn't see this issue as even coming close to being a deal breaker for me...But I don't talk and drive.....

I don't talk and drive too often either, but for years I've been able to use voice call even on non smart phones.

There is an app called Voice Dialer HF. It involves using the camera button as you would your head set and it's suppose to work well.

Here's a thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/5131-voice-dialing-bluetooth.html

I'll google the other one mentioned earlier in this thread. I didn't know about that one.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I don't talk and drive too often either, but for years I've been able to use voice call even on non smart phones.

There is an app called Voice Dialer HF. It involves using the camera button as you would your head set and it's suppose to work well.

Here's a thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/5131-voice-dialing-bluetooth.html

I'll google the other one mentioned earlier in this thread. I didn't know about that one.

Just so it is clear, the "camera button" option is done by a seperate program called "Button Shortcut" that will remap ANY program to the camera button, BUT doesn't affect the camera button when the camera is on.

Button Shortcut
chart

xliderider

Reaction score

so true....

How is this a Motorola problem and not a Google problem? The problem is with the OS not the hardware. All, if not most, of Motorola phones can voicedial through bluetooth.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

so true....

How is this a Motorola problem and not a Google problem? The problem is with the OS not the hardware. All, if not most, of Motorola phones can voicedial through bluetooth.

UNLESS, it is an actual hardware problem. There has to be a really good reason this BT stack was left out.

I read on the Moto forum that Moto(or whoever) purposely left out this function because they are doing something really "special" with BT on the Droid.. BUT I call BS on that, if that were true they would have at least incuded the "normal" BT basic functions and then surprised us later with something "special".

Regardless there is no valid excuse anyone can give for releasing this phone without it.

IMHO, I am afraid we will never see proper BT HF functions on this generation of the Droid. I hope I am wrong.

BUT, I still like my Droid and wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market... and in the meantime Voice Dialer HF and Button Shortcut at least makes it bearable in the Voice dialing area.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with the Blue Ant q1 as suggested by a previous poster. I don't like the camera button thing. That's just me however. Found one on ebay for 45 bucks.

techguy

Reaction score
Dumb Smart Phone can go back to Motorola

I got mine today and it is going back in the morning. How can motorola sell a phone that is so backward?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got mine today and it is going back in the morning. How can motorola sell a phone that is so backward?

It's not Motorola, it's all of Android. I agree I don't see what they are thinking here. There is already a pretty large discussion on this subject here.