Major problem with Ti Backup Donate

amajamar

Reaction score
Problems with Ti Backup

(I have posted this in "Applications" as well, but I didn't know if it was better to have it in this forum, as more members who are familiar with Ti Backup are here)

I just ran Ti Backup Donate for the first time and after verification, I had many data failures. Any ideas on what has happened? I am new to root and want to flash a new ROM but would like to have a reliable backup.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT** I have since deleted all backups, and backed up again. This time I used System App to kill all apps prior to backing up thinking Ti was having a problem with running apps. Out of 136 items to back up, 86 had errors in either the data or the app backup. Obviously something is wrong...

Apollo

Reaction score
(I have posted this in "Applications" as well, but I didn't know if it was better to have it in this forum, as more members who are familiar with Ti Backup are here)

I just ran Ti Backup Donate for the first time and after verification, I had many data failures. Any ideas on what has happened? I am new to root and want to flash a new ROM but would like to have a reliable backup.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT** I have since deleted all backups, and backed up again. This time I used System App to kill all apps prior to backing up thinking Ti was having a problem with running apps. Out of 136 items to back up, 86 had errors in either the data or the app backup. Obviously something is wrong...

So it seems.. Looking into this.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
To follow up: I had emailed the developer back and forth several times the other day. He had me delete all backups and the backup folder. I did that and then rebooted. I ran Ti before I did anything else. It backed up and verified with no errors. I have subsequently flashed a 2.2 ROM (BBV0.4) and have backed up a few items with no problems.

As an aside, Apollo, do you run USB Debugging on at all times? Ti requests it, and when I asked the developer, he recommends it. However, I think it slows the phone down a little. What do you think?

Thanks.