Major Issues with my X2

Elkay

Reaction score
Try the contact ones first. I have no problems with mine, but I don't remember exactly which ones I deviated from the suggestions.

kc9bvl

Reaction score
I Went through one at a time and found that Email Engine 2.2.2 being frozen was keeping the calendar from working properly. Not sure how the two are linked but it definately breaks the calendar when frozen.

Elkay

Reaction score
I Went through one at a time and found that Email Engine 2.2.2 being frozen was keeping the calendar from working properly. Not sure how the two are linked but it definately breaks the calendar when frozen.

Makes sense. That's one of the ones I kept. I assumed Gmail was tied to it so I let it be.

triplec76

Reaction score
I posted this a day or two ago.

For the people I saw having problems with the calendar and phonebook, I was having those problems too and fixed them by unfreezing "email engine 2.2.2" for the calendar and "corporate sync authenticator" and "yahoo mail authenticator" for the phonebook problems. There may be some other problems I haven't encountered yet with freezing the list in this thread, but I haven't found them yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Elkay

Reaction score
I posted this a day or two ago.

For the people I saw having problems with the calendar and phonebook, I was having those problems too and fixed them by unfreezing "email engine 2.2.2" for the calendar and "corporate sync authenticator" and "yahoo mail authenticator" for the phonebook problems. There may be some other problems I haven't encountered yet with freezing the list in this thread, but I haven't found them yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

What problems are you seeing with contacts (I'm assuming that's what you meant by phonebook)? I have both of those frozen and have no issues.

triplec76

Reaction score
I'm sorry, yes, I meant contacts. They were force closing when trying to add a new contact with those two frozen. I froze one at a time to see if it was just one or the other and adding a contact FC'd with each one.

Elkay

Reaction score
I'm sorry, yes, I meant contacts. They were force closing when trying to add a new contact with those two frozen. I froze one at a time to see if it was just one or the other and adding a contact FC'd with each one.

Woops, I have corporate sync authenticator not frozen, but yahoo mail authenticator is frozen and I was just able to both add and delete a contact.

triplec76

Reaction score
I double checked it again just now on my phone and freezing Yahoo Mail Authenticator causes contacts to force close when trying to add a contact. At least on my phone, maybe someone else can respond with their findings.

Crazy Composer

Reaction score
Advanced Task Killer was my problem. I recently tossed my Thunderbolt for a real phone... DROID X2. :) (Thunderbolt was a very expensive frustration for my wife and me). At first everything was completely splendid with the x2, but then an old foe showed its ugly head... screen unresponsiveness. I had this same problem with a screen before, with my original DROID x. Well, after doing a hard reset everything worked fine. I then began placing my downloaded apps back on the phone one at a time to try and isolate the app that was causing my problems... lo and behold... it was Advanced Task Killer doing it.

So... now I just let the android system handle its own business, and I stay out of it. My X2 has been running perfectly ever since. Very, very happy now! Best phone I have owned to date... and I have had the OG DROID, DROID x, thunderbolt, and now the DROID x2.

cc

Elkay

Reaction score
Task killers are a known big no-no since Froyo released. They're fine as long as they're not set to auto-kill and you just one-off a rogue application here or there.

nubia

Reaction score
Froze everything you said, except messaging would refuse to open. Unfroze everything works again. I'll have to see whats up with that.

Two options: 1) don't freeze messaging. 2) install a 3rd party sms/mms app (handcent, go sms)

I don't like stock or blur messaging, so I use handcent and freeze it.

Like my post says if you use any of the stuff listed, don't freeze it.

Cheers
Sent from my DROID X2

HOW DO YOU "FREEZE" APPS. seems like this will help for me but i have no idea how to "freeze and app".

thanks

Elkay

Reaction score
Froze everything you said, except messaging would refuse to open. Unfroze everything works again. I'll have to see whats up with that.

Two options: 1) don't freeze messaging. 2) install a 3rd party sms/mms app (handcent, go sms)

I don't like stock or blur messaging, so I use handcent and freeze it.

Like my post says if you use any of the stuff listed, don't freeze it.

Cheers
Sent from my DROID X2

HOW DO YOU "FREEZE" APPS. seems like this will help for me but i have no idea how to "freeze and app".

thanks

Paid version of Titanium Backup.

nubia

Reaction score
Just purchased it thank you very much. Is there anything else i should know about this? Or any other useful features?

nubia

Reaction score
just purchased it thank you very much. Is there anything else i should know about this? Or any other useful features?

damn. I have an "unrooted" phone... What do i do now? How do i root my phone?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
You can also use Bloat Freeze. Doesn't have other features of Titanium but is free.

Google "Gingerbreak android phone" and you'll be able to root it easily.