X2 doesn't like SD card??

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
After 5 bad DXs, Verizon sent me an X2. The X2 wouldn't read the SD card. So I thought. The File Folder App could see it and the Gallery could see it. Verizon said it was an application issue, which clearly it's not. Then they said it was because the files on the card were from a DX running GB and the X2 is running FroYo. Also not true.

I copied the card to my laptop and formatted it in the X2. Then using Software Cable, I copied all my files back to the X2. Now it looked like it was corrected. Sadly it wasn't. The files copied to internal memory, which I found out when I went into the File Folder App.

Then I went into manage programs and when you want to move an app to the SD card, it says "Move to Media Area". In the settings the storage location is set to SC Card.

Any suggestions before I send this one back too??

atomicsunset

Reaction score
Media storage is a partition in the phone. It is represented in ES explorer as SDcard where as my actual SDcard shows as SCcard/ext.
Very confusing to me at first. I thought i had lost my card data.
Hope this helps a little. Im trying to find a way to install apps to my sdcard not internal which is where the phone wants to shove everything.

antron007

Reaction score
Media storage is a partition in the phone. It is represented in ES explorer as SDcard where as my actual SDcard shows as SCcard/ext.
Very confusing to me at first. I thought i had lost my card data.
Hope this helps a little. Im trying to find a way to install apps to my sdcard not internal which is where the phone wants to shove everything.

There is a fix somewhere that fixes it so it will read your card differently. I can't recall what the thread is called but its on here somewhere. Try searching x2 sd fix or x2 sd card. I did it works.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
What I found so far is a fix that only works on rooted phones.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Jill2813

Reaction score
I don't want to root so is there a fix for those of us that are chicken to root?
I can get the stuff to the card but can't make the phone see it

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score