PC connection issues

Zyph

Reaction score
Hi, so I've had the X2 for about a month now with no real issues other than random skipping when recording video. I just finally got around to putting music on it, just to discover that PC Mode does not work no matter what I do. I've tried USB Debug mode, uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers, but nothing works.

So whatever, I decided, I'll just use USB Mass Storage Mode. Now, I get two drives that connect when I put it in this mode. It's my understanding that one is the external SD card and one is the internal card. From my perusing of the internet I did prior to this post, I found out that one should be called Mot (the internal storage) and the other should be called something like Removable Disk (the SD card). However, they are both called "MOT." One has 4.23GB out of 4.30GB of free space and the other has 7.38GB out of 7.38GB free.

I would figure that the larger one is my SD card, as 7.38GB is about how much an 8GB card would hold after formatting, but my confusion stems from a few things:

-I'm pretty sure I have a 16GB SD card
-they both have dcim and music folders
-I found some of the pictures I had taken using the phone's camera in one dcim folder on one drive and some in the other dcim folder on the other drive, and I never tweaked settings
-I'm pretty sure I have more than 0.07GB worth of apps installed on my phone, but I don't even know if apps install on the internal or external

So, any help would be greatly appreciated, this is starting to become really frustrating.

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay so I solved some of my problems by actually checking if my SD was 16GB. It's not, it's 8GB. Sorry for wasting your thought power in that regard.
Okay, so now I know how to access my SD card, but I'm still confused on two things:

-Where do apps download to, install to, and save their information?
-How come pictures seem to sometimes save on either drive?

zakth

Reaction score
Applications should download and install on your internal memory. Pictures may have been stored on internal memory before selecting a pop-up asking if you wanted to place them on the SD Card. And yes, by default the DX2 comes with an 8gb SDCard.