Major Issues with my X2

jmars125

Reaction score
You might see some issues with your contacts force closing when you try to add them if you freeze the yahoo contacts and authenticator. Once you freeze them and reboot the phone to get rid of the frozen apps is where you will see the issue I am talking about tested this 3 times just to make sure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might see some issues with your contacts force closing when you try to add them if you freeze the yahoo contacts and authenticator. Once you freeze them and reboot the phone to get rid of the frozen apps is where you will see the issue I am talking about tested this 3 times just to make sure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I could not reproduce this on my phone.

Sent from my DROID X2

Elite49

Reaction score
Froze everything you said, except messaging would refuse to open. Unfroze everything works again. I'll have to see whats up with that.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Froze everything you said, except messaging would refuse to open. Unfroze everything works again. I'll have to see whats up with that.

Two options: 1) don't freeze messaging. 2) install a 3rd party sms/mms app (handcent, go sms)

I don't like stock or blur messaging, so I use handcent and freeze it.

Like my post says if you use any of the stuff listed, don't freeze it.

Cheers
Sent from my DROID X2

Elite49

Reaction score
Figured out it was the Email Engine that was giving me problems. Everything works fine now, but was just wondering why when I first got the phone I had the new Android Market now after a full wipe and activation I have the old one? Btw Thanks for the help!

Elkay

Reaction score
Sounds like we're beta testing this phone for Verizon and Motorola. *sigh*

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Figured out it was the Email Engine that was giving me problems. Everything works fine now, but was just wondering why when I first got the phone I had the new Android Market now after a full wipe and activation I have the old one? Btw Thanks for the help!

It *should* update to the new market on it's own.

If it doesn't you can always try going to application management, clearing the data and cache for market, force stop it and reboot. It should upgrade after a few minutes.

Sent from my DROID X2

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like we're beta testing this phone for Verizon and Motorola. *sigh*

I beta test everything I own lol.

But yeah, you're right.

Sent from my DROID X2

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here's the list of everything I froze in Titanium.

Backup Assistant 2.2.2
Backup Assistant Client 1.0
Blockbuster
BOOKMARKS Browser 2.2.2
CarDock
Cit ID
Contacts Sync
ContactsData
Desk Home
Email 2.2.2
Email Authenticator 2.2.2
Email Engine
Facebook Authenticator
HSTcmd
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence
LastFM Authenticator
Lets Golf
LinkedIn Authenticator
Messages 2.2.2
Messaging 2.2.2
Motorola Dock Service
Myspace Authenticator
New & Weather
News 2.2.2
NFL Mobile
NFS Shift
Orkut Authenticator
Photobucket Authenticator
Picasa Authenticator
Quick Connect
Skype Mobile
Skyrocked Authenticator
Slacker 2.1.180
Social Messaging
Social Messaging Service
Social Networking
Social Sharing
Social Status
Suggestions
Suggestions Core RuleChecker Services
Suggestions Poll Scheduler Service
Sync Service 1.5.9
Task Manager 10.0
Twitter Authenticator
V CAST Apps
V CAST Music
V CAST Videos
Voicemail 1.1
VZ Navigator
Weather 2.2.2
Yahoo Contacts 2.2.2
Yahoo! Mail Authenticator 2.2.2

Obviously If you actually use any of this, don't freeze it, If you're not sure, you can always DEFROST. NEVER EVER EVER DELETE ANYTHING. If one day you do decide you want to accept a OTA update you actually need this crap installed or the update won't work. Since there is no SBF files for this phone at this time it's very very important that you don't screw up as there is NO WAY TO FIX IT AT THIS TIME.

Don't hold me responsible, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This is just a list of what I froze, no more no less.

Cheers

Something in one of these is stopping calender from adding a new event. If anyone figures out which one, let me know please.

So far this is the only thing broken from freezing all of the above I can find.

Sent from my DROID X2

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Was experience a similar problem, not to the extremes others seem to be, but there was definitely lag when scrolling and it took a bit for the lock screen to appear when unlocking. Pretty much fixed it from reading this thread.

Use Gingerbreak to root it then download Bloat Remover. Check online for things that are ok to freeze and do it. Obviously don't freeze it if you use it. However once I did this I haven't had a single problem and this thing is blazingly fast. Like someone else said, I think it's mostly the "social" apps like flickr, twitter, myspace etc that sync everytime you unlock your phone. So I froze all of these and no problems since.

For reassurance, you can freeze these processes and still use those programs. Just dl an app specific to whatever it is and you're good to do. Also this is using Go Launcher Ex with a multitude of customized everything.

To jhude, maybe try defrosting one of the sync options? Could be trying to sync to google calendar or something and throwing it off.

Elite49

Reaction score
dancedroid been running good since reset and root. Installed Launcher Pro and its working even better.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
dont want to start a new thread on this, but is anyone experiencing worse 3g speeds? My OG Droid streamed and had better reception than my x2. I'm hoping the answer is that the network has been slow altogether recently. My best example is Amazon Cloud. Never had a problem with my og droid, now i get network error constantly.

kookk

Reaction score
I've experienced MUCH better reception...like from 1 sketchy bar on my og to constant 4

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Elkay

Reaction score
I get better reception on my X than my X2. In general, about a bar better where ever I am. Also, since making the changes with V6 Supercharger, I haven't had a single redraw on LP. That definitely made all the difference in the world. I used setting 6 (Balanced 2).