Major Issues with my X2

nubia

Reaction score
You can also use Bloat Freeze. Doesn't have other features of Titanium but is free.

Google "Gingerbreak android phone" and you'll be able to root it easily.

i just did this and find many ways to do this. which one or is there an app i should get and use? you may email me one if you would. I really appreciate your assistance.

nubia

Reaction score
You can also use Bloat Freeze. Doesn't have other features of Titanium but is free.

i also searched for "bloat freeze" and says its .99 is that the one? i dont mind paying for a good app if it will work for me.. for the record i did purchase the titanium app. but, its for a rooted phone which i dont have YET

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

i also searched for "bloat freeze" and says its .99 is that the one? i dont mind paying for a good app if it will work for me.. for the record i did purchase the titanium app. but, its for a rooted phone which i dont have YET

Yeah you're right, I've been using it for so long I'd actually forgotten it wasn't free. But yeah that's the one. Unfortunately you'll still need a rooted phone to use it.

Rooting a phone is easier than ever now. Seriously just search for the gingerbreak method and you'll be rooted in 5-10 minutes. It's also easily UNrootable though I promise you won't regret it.

Sadly it seems for our phones we must either root or suffer to lag.

nubia

Reaction score
you can also use bloat freeze. Doesn't have other features of titanium but is free.

Google "gingerbreak android phone" and you'll be able to root it easily.

i also searched for "bloat freeze" and says its .99 is that the one? I dont mind paying for a good app if it will work for me.. For the record i did purchase the titanium app. But, its for a rooted phone which i dont have yet

yeah you're right, i've been using it for so long i'd actually forgotten it wasn't free. But yeah that's the one. Unfortunately you'll still need a rooted phone to use it.

Rooting a phone is easier than ever now. Seriously just search for the gingerbreak method and you'll be rooted in 5-10 minutes. It's also easily unrootable though i promise you won't regret it.

Sadly it seems for our phones we must either root or suffer to lag.

thank you very much i do want to do it, would you possibly have a link to a trust worthy place so i can follow directions on how to do it? I really appreciat it

theguru1974

Reaction score
You can't restore an X backup to and X2. Backups are meant for same device model only. You need to copy your docs/pics/whatever to SD, then just pop the memory card over to the new phone and reinstall all the apps.

Is this really true? I moved my apps from my DInc to my X2 without a problem. The one exception was Angry Birds which freaked out when I tried to run it after the restore. I had to delete it and install fresh from the market to get it working.

Some of my apps had precious user data that I had to move over from my old phone so luckily it worked 99% of the time.

Eric

Elkay

Reaction score
You can't restore an X backup to and X2. Backups are meant for same device model only. You need to copy your docs/pics/whatever to SD, then just pop the memory card over to the new phone and reinstall all the apps.

Is this really true? I moved my apps from my DInc to my X2 without a problem. The one exception was Angry Birds which freaked out when I tried to run it after the restore. I had to delete it and install fresh from the market to get it working.

Some of my apps had precious user data that I had to move over from my old phone so luckily it worked 99% of the time.

Eric

It's generally not a good idea. You don't know what is being overwritten on the new device that might have a newer version on the phone. You'll also have random quirks that might not show up right away, a perfect example being Angry Birds in this case. What if that was an app you didn't use very often and didn't notice it not working until a few months down the road after an OTA update? You might think it was the OTA update causing the problem.

It's usually best to start from scratch and reinstall the apps, keeping the "save" data to restore where applicable/possible. Less headaches later on, but to each their own.

Fairfieldwizard

Reaction score
Droid x2 problems... Very slow to change screens, random shutdowns (4-5 per day since I got it last week), bluetooth dropping device connection. Very frustrating.

whodidthis

Reaction score
my only dx2 problem is the low RAM and but I don't know if I can detect any slower "snappiness" on the phone. Other than that I think I will keep it and wait for updates...

roseylisa

Reaction score
Sounds excatly what mine is doing but they tell me at the store I bought it at they have to see it do it to get another one! Well of course it doesnt do it when Im in their! Mine will also get like a shock go thru it like its gonna reboot but ends up going back a couple of pages ago while Im in the middle of reading my email or something!

DEJDroid

Reaction score
Oddly, I've had none of the problems mentioned so far....I've only had minor annoyances:

-Text notification stays on notification bar even after reading/responding to text

-Car app stays in notification bar even after closing app

thats it.....I'm happy at this point, upgraded from the OG Droid.

zwolf4444

Reaction score
I gave up dealing with all this crap. I sold mine on ebay for $500 (I included the accessory essentials pack that verizon had on sale for $20 a while back). I figure I'll use the money to buy a phone that actually works eventually. Went back to my Droid 2. Happy as a clam.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I gave up dealing with all this crap. I sold mine on ebay for $500 (I included the accessory essentials pack that verizon had on sale for $20 a while back). I figure I'll use the money to buy a phone that actually works eventually. Went back to my Droid 2. Happy as a clam.

Nice, now you don't need to complain anymore!

whodidthis

Reaction score

Nice, now you don't need to complain anymore!

Haha ... that's funny

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums