maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidichand

Reaction score
I have tried downloading with both the phone and my computer and it seems to always stop about the same time. It is prolly just me, lol

B

budmonster

I was already on .340 stock w/ root but I wanted to start over so I flashed this.

After I flashed the zip it takes me to the "Active your phone" part and whenever I press "1" it doesn't work and the recording tells me to "enter the 10 digit number I'm calling about", so I do that and it says "our hours are from 6am to 11pm" and then it tries to connect me to a vzw rep but obviously non ones there, its 1am right now. Is there any other way to active my phone? I'm currently stuck at the "Activate your phone" screen: "A special call needs to be made to activate your phone service".

EDIT:
i got a hold of a VZW rep, i don't know how because they said there hours are from 6am - 11pm on the recording. the rep said there open 24hrs a day? he said the reason i cant activate my phone right now is because their doing "system maintenance", which he said they do a lot around 12-1am. He told me to dial *228 1 in the morning and I should be fine.

I already followed these steps below before I talked to the rep, I just hope I didnt screw my phone up by doing these steps?

• To Find "MIN"
    • Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status > MIN
5. Change "MDN" to your mobile phone number
6. Press "Done"
7. Press home key (to return to homescreen)
8. Device will automatically restart

Last edited by a moderator:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I had a problem with system maintenance in the early morning once too, every thing was fine the next day.

Nmayar

Reaction score
Hope you figured this out. But mine did the same thing I just power cycled again and it was fine

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kriscad

Reaction score
Some people have seemed to have trouble flashing the file - I believe this is due to botched downloads as I'm using free servers that are struggling with the size of the file.

Therefore, before attempting a flash, please review the file size properties.

For your reference:

Size - 284 MB (298,481,286 bytes)
Size on Disk - 284 MB (298,483,712 bytes)

If they don't match, re-download.

I'll edit the OP to reflect this as well.

thanks for posting this.. I was about to go nuts after downloading it twice and having the wrong file size! The mega load site worked.

dxbouska

Reaction score
cant seem to get it to work.

so I downloaded the Mirror2, two things; 1) I have 2.2.1, is this the correct ile for me? 2) it dl's but then when i try to unzip it tells me - Directory maderstcok.zip could not be loaded, i hit details and get-java.util.ZipException:expected End Of Central Directory signiture.... I need to wipe phone and get back to stock. any suggestions? I was playing around and now i hae lost the boot animation and deleted the stock browser, also i am having reboot issues, reboots on its own when screen is off and when on call. dosent do it when charger connected and when screen is on... I have droidx overclock and accidently set both the min and max to 1335Mhxz. Phone got hot, then reboot and batt problems started. i assume that i messed up something harwware wise so i want to take back to VZW, and ofcoures needs to be stock. Any help you can offer i will greatly appreciate. Thanks again!

sephtin

Reaction score
so I downloaded the Mirror2, two things; 1) I have 2.2.1, is this the correct ile for me? 2) it dl's but then when i try to unzip it tells me - Directory maderstcok.zip could not be loaded, i hit details and get-java.util.ZipException:expected End Of Central Directory signiture.... I need to wipe phone and get back to stock. any suggestions? I was playing around and now i hae lost the boot animation and deleted the stock browser, also i am having reboot issues, reboots on its own when screen is off and when on call. dosent do it when charger connected and when screen is on... I have droidx overclock and accidently set both the min and max to 1335Mhxz. Phone got hot, then reboot and batt problems started. i assume that i messed up something harwware wise so i want to take back to VZW, and ofcoures needs to be stock. Any help you can offer i will greatly appreciate. Thanks again!

Once you've tried reading and following the instructions in the First post, let us know if you're still having troubles...
(You can find the instructions under the section labeled "Instructions:").

HTH!

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Well said sephtin, id also recommend confirming the md5 sum (as posted in op)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score

Sounded like the .zip file could be unzipped.. that gives me reason to believe that the file is good...
The instructions never call for unzipping, which gives me reason to believe that while he has a good file, he's not getting past step 1 of the instructions. :p

sephtin

Reaction score

Also after reading what you have posted.. I'm confident that this isn't a hardware issue.. but mutiple software issues.

The stock browser is required for lots of different functions (including Market), so do not get rid of it...

dxbouska

Reaction score
Thanks guys I am at work for the night. I will try in the morning and let you know. Glad to see you don't think its hrdware. Problem seems to be between the chair and the keyboard as I always say!

Fate0n3

Reaction score

Sounded like the .zip file could be unzipped.. that gives me reason to believe that the file is good...
The instructions never call for unzipping, which gives me reason to believe that while he has a good file, he's not getting past step 1 of the instructions. :p

LoL..... :)

I am glad I finally found this, I searched for a few days after hearing someone on another forum talk about doing this. This is def awesome and gives a lot more freedom with the phones. Got it on my SD card already lol... Are there any disadvantages for doing this over a SBF??

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
I'd say there are many advantages to doing this instead of an sbf

namely there's only a /system only 2.3.340 sbf, plus you keep your settings

also, what forum did you see it on? you got a link? I like to read what people say about me XD

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Thanks guys I am at work for the night. I will try in the morning and let you know. Glad to see you don't think its hrdware. Problem seems to be between the chair and the keyboard as I always say!

Yep like Sephtin said man do not unzip it. Just simply transfer it your phone via ur PC or download directly to the phone. Following the instructions will get ya the rest of the way. Just be sure to check file size and the MD5. If it is already on your phone you can use an app called Hash Droid to find the MD5 checksum and verify. Hope this helps

Fate0n3

Reaction score
I'd say there are many advantages to doing this instead of an sbf

namely there's only a /system only 2.3.340 sbf, plus you keep your settings

also, what forum did you see it on? you got a link? I like to read what people say about me XD

Honestly man I can't remember if it was droidxforum or mydroidworld... Sorry it was good just in the middle of topic someone mentioned it and how well it worked and a few other people commented the same. And then I couldn't find it again and set out on the task of finding this said .ZIP which I did thankfully!! Man you are great. People like you and TBH are awesome and really help keep the Moto world turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.