maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxbouska

Reaction score
so got the browser back, and fixed the boot animation, but still rebooting when screen times out.... the instructionds mention formatting the data and catch. what will that do? If i cant get this reboot issue fixed i will have to take it to vzw, will i need to delete the data and catch?

Fate0n3

Reaction score
so got the browser back, and fixed the boot animation, but still rebooting when screen times out.... the instructionds mention formatting the data and catch. what will that do? If i cant get this reboot issue fixed i will have to take it to vzw, will i need to delete the data and catch?

So after running this .ZIP you are still getting reboots??

If so boot into stock recovery and just do Factory Reset a few times it should clear up your issue.

cchang136

Reaction score
I am currently on Rubix 1.9.5 with 2.3.15.. I don't have to go back to stock to do this update right? I can update from rubix 1.9.5, re-root, reinstall bootstrapper, and flash a new rom (liberty)?

Just want to make sure before I mess something up. Thanks!

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Make sure to wipe data and cache before a rom installation. But yeah, it'll work - Sephtin, just wanted to say thanks for policing this thread for me. You make my life a lot easier.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Factory reset deletes the apps and ursrdata on your phone.

cchang136

Reaction score
I ran the update, it was successful, rebooted.. Now Its stuck on the red eye, and boot loops! I did a battery pull and its still looping... What do i do!?!

cchang136

Reaction score
hold menu and power, then hit search, and wipe data/factory reset?

edit
it worked! factory resetted. thanks! going to root, install bootloader, and install rom. thanks!

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score

Should delete data and cache before installing, actually.. but if you're getting boot loops, I would def. wipe cache and data:
--From boot loops, power down. When booting back up, hold the HOME button on the phone. You can let go of the home button when you see the M logo.
--Should boot into the Android recovery screen (lil android with a ! in a triangle).. When you see that screen, hit the SEARCH button on the phone to take you to the menu.
--From the menu, select wipe cache, wipe data, and reboot.

That should get you back into stock 2.3.340.

sephtin

Reaction score
I am currently on Rubix 1.9.5 with 2.3.15.. I don't have to go back to stock to do this update right? I can update from rubix 1.9.5, re-root, reinstall bootstrapper, and flash a new rom (liberty)?

Just want to make sure before I mess something up. Thanks!

The whole point of this update is to get you back to stock 2.3.340. :)

sephtin

Reaction score
Make sure to wipe data and cache before a rom installation. But yeah, it'll work - Sephtin, just wanted to say thanks for policing this thread for me. You make my life a lot easier.

I try to help wherever I can. I just don't want to step on any toes.. if I'm getting in the way, just lemme know! ;)

BTW, just a thought, but have you considered putting a data/cache format into your update(r) script? :) Might save some questions/troubles... ?

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
I thought about it and originally designed it that way, but actually liked being able to keep (my) data when using the program. I made the update.zip for me, you all are just lucky enough to use it ;)

you see I'm in ROM development currently and every time my phone gets screwy I maderstcok it but keep all my data/apps but nuke my /system.

I've actually heard reports from developers using this for even cracking the bootloader, so I think I'm going to leave it where it's at for now.

dxbouska

Reaction score
Yeah still getting reboots. Got everything back to stock though. Thanks again

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the reboots. Call vzw and tell them. They'll replace it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.