maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
did you use mirror 1 or 2? yes, that's the proper way to do it, I guess it zips it only sometimes, I don't know why, stupid free file hosting

ChuckTu

Reaction score
Also I poked into the zip file and looked at the build.prop and it still lists 2.3.320 as the build version, even though its supposed to be for 2.3.340?

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
the system.img contains the build.prop for .340
the update.zip builds the /system twice so .15 users can flash as well as .320 users

ChuckTu

Reaction score
did you use mirror 1 or 2? yes, that's the proper way to do it, I guess it zips it only sometimes, I don't know why, stupid free file hosting

I used mirror 1...couldn't get to megaupload from work :)

Last edited:

odin3

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is obvious to you guys.

I've got an X that is rooted and is running Rubix 1.9.0. Boot loader 30.03.

I need to wipe it to return it to Verizon for a hardware issue. Is this what I need? It sounds like it but I found in multiple other threads that say "update.zips just patch files".

Thanks for your help I just don't won't to mess up the phone and this is much less complicated than SBFing.

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
yes, these are the droids you're looking for.

if you're returning the phone to vzw I would flash this update.zip then do a factory reset

tmar23

Reaction score
My wife got a droid x and right out of the box it was randomly rebooting. Was driving me crazy, and was about to return it. I gave this sbf a shot, and it worked great. No more random reboots. Thank you!

mcdonnjd

Reaction score
Just reflashed with the 2.3.32_1FF sbf file and successfully used this to bring it back up to stock .340. Now I am certain that no matter how badly I screw up my phone, I'm almost certain I'll have it back to stock in 10 minutes as long as I'm at my PC, and if I can get into CW, I can fix it back to stock in about 3 just running this update file. :)

Just wanted to once again say thank you for putting this together.

dvsgod

Reaction score
Mader, i am so glad to run into you again! I have been having an ass of a time with freezing. It finally locked up for good. froze on the desktop with no movement couldn't even power off, so I pulled the battery and all i could get was the custom boot logo you did for me. It would never boot further no matter what trick. if it left the boot logo screen it would just remain black and never give the vibrate load up tone. I was able to still get into clockwork recovery and standard recovery and the boot loader. I tried the clear cache, recoverys, and factory restore. nothing would give. I thought i was going to have to return the phone, so I came looking for you for the original m boot logo to flash back (that worked perfect), then I was going to try to sbf and see if that would work. to my excitement I saw you had the update zip and decided to give it a try first in the name of less involvement(and I cannot find my data cable). it booted back up beautifully and I have my phone back. I kiss the ground you walk on and thank you very much.

rottenpixies

Reaction score
Been looking around for safest way for me to get from 2.3.15 up to 2.4. Once download is finished and I check the file size and all I am going to flash this so I can upgrade from rubix 1.9.1 to 1.9.5.

Anything I should know besides wiping data and cache than loading this with bootstrap bootloader?

dyoungers

Reaction score
thanks a ton ... I was running a rooted custom rom at version 2.3.15 and was looking for an easy way to go to 2.3.34 and this did the trick ... still checking things out but all appears fine

and as an fyi, my bootloader was version 30.01 (and is now 30.04)

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Been looking around for safest way for me to get from 2.3.15 up to 2.4. Once download is finished and I check the file size and all I am going to flash this so I can upgrade from rubix 1.9.1 to 1.9.5.

Anything I should know besides wiping data and cache than loading this with bootstrap bootloader?

there is one thing - Don't attempt to flash a backup before rebooting the system after the flash. There's currently a bug I'm attempting to iron out, for now this way at least you'll be safe

rottenpixies

Reaction score
This worked great for me coming from 2.3.15.

Now I have 30.04 Bootloader and I'm on version 2.3.340

rooted with z4root and installed Bootstrap recovery. Than I restarted into bootstrap and cleared data and cahce again than Installed rubix 1.9.5.

Phone is offficially running the best it ever has. Insanely fast.

Many thanks maderscramm, I have been putting off updating since I was on a hacked rom and this made it so easy.

I will be using this to upgrade quite a few droid x phones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.