maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Discussion in 'Droid X Rooted Help' started by maderschramm, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

dunno what to tell you, are you using clockworkmod recovery? should work...you check the md5 sum? is it maderstcok340.zip and the correct filesize?
  2. fizik

fizik New Member

Does this mean for me, coming from 2.3.9, it won't work?
  3. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

no, it works for any system version
  4. fizik

fizik New Member

Thanks mader.

I just installed the update zip on my phone and its working flawlessly with no hiccups during install. +1 to you sir.

For reference, I was coming from system version 2.3.9.
  5. Nmayar

Nmayar New Member

This is the best I came from 2.3.15, I tried to SBF my DX that didnt go well but the phone still worked. Got this on the card and ran it took maybe 5 min and now. BOOM just where I need to be thank you TBH and Maderschramm.

As stated in this thread before rerooted with Z4
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  6. OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP New Member

Worked like a charm!

My sig tells you what I was running at the time of installing this zip. for those that don't know, yes, rubiX 1.9.5 is based off of the 2.3.340 system.

Hardware failure with my microphone so I have to do a warranty replacement.

EDIT: The Market was on like 2.09 but it updated on it's own after a reboot.

EDIT 2: But I don't have the GB black bar nor icons. Nor do I have the GB keyboard.

EDIT 3: How can I update those issues from EDIT 2? My replacement DX will be here tomorrow and I need everything to be pretty much perfect.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  7. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

to get your dx ready to send back to vzw boot into clockworkmod recovery - wipe data/cache - install maderstcok

done.
  8. OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP New Member

Oh yeah....duh on my part. Thanks for the file you provided. You rock! dancedroid
  9. acidichand

acidichand New Member

problems downloading

I've been looking for somehing like this ever since I kinda messed up the whole update before flashing to rubix 1.95. Now my media doesn't work.. so thanks for makin this but I was wondering if there was another download link? For some reason it only downloads about 5 mb before it says it is complete. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you! :)
  10. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

dunno, try both mirrors - are you downloading from your phone? download from a computer instead. the file's really large so phones have a hard time dealing with it.

if you are using a computer maybe clearing cache and cookies?
  11. acidichand

acidichand New Member

I have tried downloading with both the phone and my computer and it seems to always stop about the same time. It is prolly just me, lol
  12. budmonster

budmonster Guest

I was already on .340 stock w/ root but I wanted to start over so I flashed this.

After I flashed the zip it takes me to the "Active your phone" part and whenever I press "1" it doesn't work and the recording tells me to "enter the 10 digit number I'm calling about", so I do that and it says "our hours are from 6am to 11pm" and then it tries to connect me to a vzw rep but obviously non ones there, its 1am right now. Is there any other way to active my phone? I'm currently stuck at the "Activate your phone" screen: "A special call needs to be made to activate your phone service".

EDIT:
    i got a hold of a VZW rep, i don't know how because they said there hours are from 6am - 11pm on the recording. the rep said there open 24hrs a day? he said the reason i cant activate my phone right now is because their doing "system maintenance", which he said they do a lot around 12-1am. He told me to dial *228 1 in the morning and I should be fine.

I already followed these steps below before I talked to the rep, I just hope I didnt screw my phone up by doing these steps?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
  13. andylulzyou

andylulzyou New Member

I had a problem with system maintenance in the early morning once too, every thing was fine the next day.
  14. Nmayar

Nmayar New Member

Hope you figured this out. But mine did the same thing I just power cycled again and it was fine

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  15. kriscad

kriscad New Member

thanks for posting this.. I was about to go nuts after downloading it twice and having the wrong file size! The mega load site worked.
  16. dxbouska

dxbouska New Member

cant seem to get it to work.

so I downloaded the Mirror2, two things; 1) I have 2.2.1, is this the correct ile for me? 2) it dl's but then when i try to unzip it tells me - Directory maderstcok.zip could not be loaded, i hit details and get-java.util.ZipException:expected End Of Central Directory signiture.... I need to wipe phone and get back to stock. any suggestions? I was playing around and now i hae lost the boot animation and deleted the stock browser, also i am having reboot issues, reboots on its own when screen is off and when on call. dosent do it when charger connected and when screen is on... I have droidx overclock and accidently set both the min and max to 1335Mhxz. Phone got hot, then reboot and batt problems started. i assume that i messed up something harwware wise so i want to take back to VZW, and ofcoures needs to be stock. Any help you can offer i will greatly appreciate. Thanks again!
  17. sephtin

sephtin New Member

Once you've tried reading and following the instructions in the First post, let us know if you're still having troubles...
    (You can find the instructions under the section labeled "Instructions:").

HTH!
  18. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

Well said sephtin, id also recommend confirming the md5 sum (as posted in op)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  19. sephtin

sephtin New Member

Sounded like the .zip file could be unzipped.. that gives me reason to believe that the file is good...
    The instructions never call for unzipping, which gives me reason to believe that while he has a good file, he's not getting past step 1 of the instructions. :p
  20. sephtin

sephtin New Member

Also after reading what you have posted.. I'm confident that this isn't a hardware issue.. but mutiple software issues.

The stock browser is required for lots of different functions (including Market), so do not get rid of it...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
droid x 2.3.340 zip
droid x stock rom update.zip
droid x update.zip

maderstcok

maderstcok - ota 2.3.340 update.zip
maderstcok .zip
maderstcok droid x
maderstcok.zip
motorola x 40.zip