maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
After I got my update through OTA, I'm having the same mounting issue that many others are having when they got theirs. Does this have it too? In other words, when you change from charge only to USB Mass Storage, the phone reboots and then doesn't see the USB?

foxky

Reaction score
just flashed this on my moms X that was on 2.3.15. worked perfectly without a hitch! thanks a ton mader!!! ;3

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
just flashed this on my moms X that was on 2.3.15. worked perfectly without a hitch! thanks a ton mader!!! ;3

Oh snap...I think it might be time to close the beta.

^^

:D

way to have balls btw, on your moms phone? dang.

Last edited:

foxky

Reaction score
lolol yeah she yelled at me when I told her it may have bricked her phone, but at least it worked eh? glad to help you out n.n

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
post your results too, I want to make absolutely sure this is working before I open to the public. better to have more information than not enough

Oh snap...I think it might be time to close the beta.

^^

:D

way to have balls btw, on your moms phone? dang.

Congrats. Downloaded! !

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry took so long... worked perfectly on 340
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

skyfire322

Reaction score
It worked perfectly for me. After installation, when I rebooted, it froze on the 'M' screen. I did a battery pull, rebooted and it loaded up fine!

Mad props to Maderschramm :icon_ banana:

PS
I had the 2.3.15 update

OP
maderschramm

maderschramm

Reaction score
Some people have seemed to have trouble flashing the file - I believe this is due to botched downloads as I'm using free servers that are struggling with the size of the file.

Therefore, before attempting a flash, please review the file size properties.

For your reference:

Size - 284 MB (298,481,286 bytes)
Size on Disk - 284 MB (298,483,712 bytes)

If they don't match, re-download.

I'll edit the OP to reflect this as well.

tatuud

Reaction score
please be patient as i plan on getting into a lot of detail with results from using this file.

the phone situation...new not refurb Droid X, running 2.3.340 OTA, rooted with no rom, stock if you will. was using the wifi tether and TBH 3g hack, also had the rummX boot logo left over from 2.3.15.

the issue...phone would reboot no less than 15 times per day. unlocking the phone, turning it sideways, these things would trigger a reboot. i have been following this thread so i requested a beta copy of the OTA zip file from mader, he was nice enough to give me a copy.

the results...file was loaded through bootstrap, just like you would a rom or theme. it literally finished going through its processes in about 5-7 minutes. first thing i noticed was the "M" logo come up, that took a bit of time, then the word "droid", then the magic red eye and the slight vibration, all good news if you have ever loaded a rom or theme. then the phone sliders and the same wallpaper were visible. slid the unlock slider and all appeared to be exactly as i left it. same number of screens, all icons were in the same place, nothing appeared to have moved. even the super ninja icon was there but was different in appearance. i went to terminal and typed "su" and got the message, superuser permissions denied...went to bootstrap, also got the error, went to root explorer and could not access system files. I did have to reprogam the phone as it would not make any calls...a simple *228, option #1 and a few minutes later was good to go. all missed texts, emails and missed calls came in after that. 2 hours later and not one single reboot.

conclusion...THIS FILE WORKS AS ADVERTISED, BACK TO COMPLETE STOCK WITH NO ROOT ACCESS AND NO ILL EFFECTS!!!!

Biggie-D

Reaction score
Worked Great on my DX thanks a Ton

And I noticed that about the file as well the two times I tried to DL right from the phone it didnt like it only showed as a 19.1KB file size, DL from the PC and it was the 284MB Size.

Thanks for the work :)

and below is 100% correct.

the results...file was loaded through bootstrap, just like you would a rom or theme. it literally finished going through its processes in about 5-7 minutes. first thing i noticed was the "M" logo come up, that took a bit of time, then the word "droid", then the magic red eye and the slight vibration, all good news if you have ever loaded a rom or theme. then the phone sliders and the same wallpaper were visible. slid the unlock slider and all appeared to be exactly as i left it. same number of screens, all icons were in the same place, nothing appeared to have moved. even the super ninja icon was there but was different in appearance. i went to terminal and typed "su" and got the message, superuser permissions denied...went to bootstrap, also got the error, went to root explorer and could not access system files. I did have to reprogam the phone as it would not make any calls...a simple *228, option #1 and a few minutes later was good to go. all missed texts, emails and missed calls came in after that. 2 hours later and not one single reboot.

conclusion...THIS FILE WORKS AS ADVERTISED, BACK TO COMPLETE STOCK WITH NO ROOT ACCESS AND NO ILL EFFECTS!!!!

dancedroid

Last edited:

mrmooney

Reaction score
Ive downloaded and installed its got the droid red eye and says droid across screen been doing this for a good 10-15 mins what should i do now. I know it said it will take some time how long should i be waiting?

mrmooney

Reaction score
yep think i screwed it up somehow. Did battery pull still gets stuck on droid/red eye screen. cannot boot into recovery just goes to boot loader. I cannot figure out how to do a SBF either. it just says fail every time i try to do the sbf

Status
Not open for further replies.