Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

chuajlo

Reaction score
By the way, I did both anyway with wipe cache first then reformat the data/factory restore. I didn't know that wipe cache was also in with the factory restore.
THANKS AGAIN!!!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can speak for Brad and myself and say that we are happy to help. No need to apologize for anything. We are here to help. No offense taken. That's what these forums are for. My only point was to really educate yourself before messing with such an expensive device. I'm happy you are doing well now.

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can speak for Brad and myself and say that we are happy to help. No need to apologize for anything. We are here to help. No offense taken. That's what these forums are for. My only point was to really educate yourself before messing with such an expensive device. I'm happy you are doing well now.

CM74D2

X2. ldopa is right. Glad you got everything fixed and we don't mind helping at all. I remember when I sbf'd my first time. I had a bad sbf file and couldn't get my phone to work. It was stressful and I was worried I would have to pay $400 to buy another one off eBay.

Now that you know what to do, you can help the other people out that have problems.

CM74DX

mamonte

Reaction score
help

so i got the point on flashing where it say manually power this device. however my phone is going through the set up on its own over and over again. i tried pushing the power button but now working. i just keep getting the droid eye and the droid letters like its trying to restart... any advice?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unplug, boot into stock recovery by holding power and x (keyboard) until you see the triangle with the! Then hit the magnifying glass (keyboard) and scroll to wipe data/factory reset. Then reboot. This should take care of the bootloop you're experiencing.

CM74D2

michaelhollywood

Reaction score
I am also stuck bootlooping. Rooted DX, Drew Garen Hateraid rom. Today I thought I would download a new ROM and see if it would solve a Bluetooth problem I was having (unrelated, I think.) Rebooted into Clockwork, started install, says it completed and now I am stuck at Drew's bootloading logo. Can't sbf (failed flashing process with error 0x703E), can't get into stock recovery, etc... I have tried holding down power and camera while booting, no luck; Holding down power and home, then search, no luck. I can get to bootloader 30.04, but RSD Lite 5.3.1 gives me this error. Any ideas

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am also stuck bootlooping. Rooted DX, Drew Garen Hateraid rom. Today I thought I would download a new ROM and see if it would solve a Bluetooth problem I was having (unrelated, I think.) Rebooted into Clockwork, started install, says it completed and now I am stuck at Drew's bootloading logo. Can't sbf (failed flashing process with error 0x703E), can't get into stock recovery, etc... I have tried holding down power and camera while booting, no luck; Holding down power and home, then search, no luck. I can get to bootloader 30.04, but RSD Lite 5.3.1 gives me this error. Any ideas

Try the 1KDS Linux boot CD. I recommend it

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Also, I don't know what it is, but I hear nothing but problems from Drew Garen ROMs.

SSX v2.0

agentofchaos

Reaction score
Turn the phone off. On dx running froyo, hold power and home i believe until you see the triangle icon. Then hit the search button and you'll be in recovery (stock). Wipe data there and reboot. For the future, knowing how to do all of this before messing with your phone will help a ton.

CM74D2

i love you

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
turn the phone off. On dx running froyo, hold power and home i believe until you see the triangle icon. Then hit the search button and you'll be in recovery (stock). Wipe data there and reboot. For the future, knowing how to do all of this before messing with your phone will help a ton.

Cm74d2

i love you

Cm74dx

agentofchaos

Reaction score

qcharu

Reaction score
Was having some serious issues. As soon as I turned on the phone it would show the Moto emblem and then reboot and do it all over again. Followed the process and flashed back to 2.2 with no problems. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved with creating this.