maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxbouska

Reaction score
didnt work

So i did as you said and tried again to follow the insrtuctions step by step. in clockworkmod, install zip, choose zip, maderstcok340.zip When i select yes i get this error - E: Can't open /sdcard/download/maderstcok 340.zip(bad)installation aborted.

djsiva

Reaction score
So i did as you said and tried again to follow the insrtuctions step by step. in clockworkmod, install zip, choose zip, maderstcok340.zip When i select yes i get this error - E: Can't open /sdcard/download/maderstcok 340.zip(bad)installation aborted.

Make sure there are no spaces in the name of your zip file. CW doesn't like spaces.

Nate

dxbouska

Reaction score
didnt work

I thought about it and mover the maderstcok340.zip to sdcard/maderstcok340.zip. got same msg...

--Installing: SDCARD:maderstcok340.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcare/maderstcok340.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

dxbouska

Reaction score
checked no spaces. also still zipped, someone mentioned thta eariler. but when i open the maderstcok file shouldnt i see what files are zipped. it just gives me ( in root explorer) a blank screen with /sdcard at the top

dxbouska

Reaction score
guess this could be the problem.... i unzipped it ( just to see) to the extracted file and the only thing in it is a empty maderstcok file :( guess i will try to remove it and redownload the file....

dxbouska

Reaction score
ok. Downlaoded it agian. got same result... i am useing the mirror2 link, takes me to megaupload.... is there any other place to get this? mirror1 didnt work either...

Fate0n3

Reaction score
guess this could be the problem.... i unzipped it ( just to see) to the extracted file and the only thing in it is a empty maderstcok file :( guess i will try to remove it and redownload the file....

What is the file size?? Something sounds wrong. The file needs to be located on the SD Card, Verify the MD5 checksum. Something could be wrong with your SD Card.

Last edited:

Fate0n3

Reaction score
it says its 284.65mb. not sure what it is downloading....

I am not sure I have also downloaded it and a friend just used it from my download and it worked perfect. Like I said before check your MD5 checksum and verify it is the same. It could be an issue with your SD card. Try completely deleting it from your SD card and then transferring it. Are you downloading it directly from your phone or PC to Phone??

dxbouska

Reaction score
its only downloading 19.54kb.. the file on mega says its 284.65MB anyother place i can get it?

Fate0n3

Reaction score
its only downloading 19.54kb.. the file on mega says its 284.65MB anyother place i can get it?

Hmm that is odd lol... Try the download again... I am downloading it from there again just to verify and it is at 110mb right now and still downloading...... Try the first link again if you can't get it to download.

sephtin

Reaction score

The file is fine (just redownloaded, and compared to one I've used before)..
But I know people that have had troubles when downloading on the phone... try fromPC and move to phone.. you'll have better luck I bet.

As mentioned dozens of times in this thread, to be certain that you have the file in it's entirety, check it's md5sum.

dxbouska

Reaction score
what is the md5sum, and what am i looking for? i will DL it to comp then transfer working night shift this week and we have 5-9 inches of snow in area.... turns a 50 min drive into a 1hr45min drive so getting ready to leave.... seems like im never going to get this....

djsiva

Reaction score
what is the md5sum, and what am i looking for? i will DL it to comp then transfer working night shift this week and we have 5-9 inches of snow in area.... turns a 50 min drive into a 1hr45min drive so getting ready to leave.... seems like im never going to get this....

Download WinMD5Sum from Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com - it's free
Download the maderstcok340.zip from OP - I used mirror 2 for megaupload
Open WinMD5Sum - browse to maderstcok340.zip
MD5 should read - ce7122280eafad4a39ba7fefeb764bf5

Status
Not open for further replies.