Losing contacts when flashing rom

karns

Reaction score
I posted this originally in the Fission Rom thread but am starting a new one for traffic. Wilboy suggested trying again with signing into google but I still got the same result.

Here is the post:

Thank you for all the work! Loving it with my D2G.... it all worked flawlessly.

I have a question in regards to my husbands D2G.... I used the exact same process, doing a full backup with Titanium before wiping and flashing the rom. Everything works great except all his contact are gone even after restoring with Titanium. I've reverted back to the stock nandroid I did and tried again with the same result. Any ideas why and how I can correct this?

Thanks!
Kathy

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't trust Google to sync my contacts so what I do is export my contacts to my SD card befltr flashing a new rom. That way when the rom comes up o can just import them from the SD. Of you dont mind restoring that nandroid one more time it's pretty simple.

tappin and a talkin

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did you use backup assistant? If so, log into your VZW account, export all the contacts from your account, go into your google gmail account on pc and import the exported contacts.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you use backup assistant? If so, log into your VZW account, export all the contacts from your account, go into your google gmail account on pc and import the exported contacts.

That too. I gracefully bow to the developer.

tappin and a talkin

OP
K

karns

Reaction score
I feel like an utter moron because I can't get this to work!

Spaz33g- When I try to get the contracts to move to the sd from manage applications the buttons are blacked out and I can't move them. Are you moving them with Astro or Root explorer?

AngDroid- Do you mean the my verizon app or the actual site? Can't find exported contacts on either. I did run the back up assistant. I did notice that back up assistant isn't in the fission rom, is this correct?

Thank you both for the help! I am more just determined at this point to make the damn thing work than anything else! lol!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I posted this originally in the Fission Rom thread but am starting a new one for traffic

Please refrain from cross posting.
We will move a thread if needed.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I feel like an utter moron because I can't get this to work!

Spaz33g- When I try to get the contracts to move to the sd from manage applications the buttons are blacked out and I can't move them. Are you moving them with Astro or Root explorer?

AngDroid- Do you mean the my verizon app or the actual site? Can't find exported contacts on either. I did run the back up assistant. I did notice that back up assistant isn't in the fission rom, is this correct?

Thank you both for the help! I am more just determined at this point to make the damn thing work than anything else! lol!

My method would be open the contacts app and then hit menu. Now Im not positive where it shows up in the blur contacts app but its either on the first menu or under more but there will be an option for import/export hit that and then choose export contacts to sd. That will send all of your contacts name cards to the SD card and then when you restore fission you can just import them. Angdroid's method is going on to the Verizon website and going In to your acct and then finding your contacts and then coppying them from there in to your Gmail contacts.

tappin and a talkin

OP
K

karns

Reaction score
Sorry backnblack... I wont make that mistake again, I didn't realize.

Spaz33g... woo hoo! Thank you so much! Totally missed the import/export button in contracts menu. Worked like a charm!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry backnblack... I wont make that mistake again, I didn't realize.

Spaz33g... woo hoo! Thank you so much! Totally missed the import/export button in contracts menu. Worked like a charm!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Glad I could help.

tappin and a talkin