Help, losing contacts after restarting the phone

stingmisc

Reaction score
I just custom rom my d2g using fission one.

I am having 2 problems currently.

1. Everytime I restart the phone, it goes to the bootstrap and I need to choose reboot to get the phone on.

2. I lose all my contacts after restarting the phone.

Does anybody know what's wrong with it?

thank you...

keolawills

Reaction score

1. Everytime I restart the phone, it goes to the bootstrap and I need to choose reboot to get the phone on.

thank you...

1. That happens.

2. When you do a data wipe/factory reset it erases all data from your phone i.e. all contacts. You can backup your contacts before flashing a new rom using an app off the market or your google account(best option imo), then restore your backup or if you backedup with google it will auto-restore contacts after re-setting up your google account.

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score

thank you...

1. That happens.

2. When you do a data wipe/factory reset it erases all data from your phone i.e. all contacts. You can backup your contacts before flashing a new rom using an app off the market or your google account(best option imo), then restore your backup or if you backedup with google it will auto-restore contacts after re-setting up your google account.

well, after wiping and SBF it, I install fision rom. when installing fision, I did wipe and factory reset but after that, I don't do anything to erase anything.

so basically when I turn off the phone when I charge the battery and put back the phone on when it finishes charging the battery. then I lose all the contacts. I also lose the internet setting such as the APN setting.

with liberty, will I have that kinda problem?

thanks

keolawills

Reaction score

thank you...

1. That happens.

well, after wiping and SBF it, I install fision rom. when installing fision, I did wipe and factory reset but after that, I don't do anything to erase anything.

so basically when I turn off the phone when I charge the battery and put back the phone on when it finishes charging the battery. then I lose all the contacts. I also lose the internet setting such as the APN setting.

with liberty, will I have that kinda problem?

thanks

Im confused. So you lose contacts everytime you charge your phone? Like i said, when you do a data wipe/factory reset, it does exactly that. It wipes(erases all user data i.e. contacts, apn settings), and if you sbf, then your phone is exactly how it was when you opened the box(no contacts, no apn settings).

Also, why do you turn your phone off to charge? That is very odd to me, totally unnecessary.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The OP seems to have explained his issue in a pretty clear fashion.

The contacts are lost on each reboot.

Whether you turn off the phone to charge it or not should not matter, I think.

What's the point of getting off-topic by switching the subject to “why do you turn it off to charge”?..

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
yes, the problem happens everytime I restart the phone. not after I sbf or wipe the data. I know data will be wiped if we do sbf or do the erase.

in this case, I don't do sbf or wipe anything. just restart the phone and all the contacts are gone.

about me turning off the phone while charging, I think that is just my preference. there is no other reason.

but the contacts should not be gone after a restart because I don't lose my angry birds saved data.

if I am not mistaken, my apn is also gone. I haven't checked the rest as I am so new with android.

anybody knows what's wrong with it? I am so confused with android.

does it happen with liberty?

thanks

jcl197

Reaction score
You shouldn't be losing your contacts after a reboot. Did you sbf, then update to the latest OTA before installing fission?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
You shouldn't be losing your contacts after a reboot. Did you sbf, then update to the latest OTA before installing fission?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Installing latest OTA before Fission is a bad thing to do. Fission is based on 2.4.29 and causes issues if you flash it over 2.4.330. To use Fission normally you must not apply the Dec2010 update before Fission installation.

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
Hi, I got it to work. how? I just pull out the battery for 2-3 times and it suddenly fixes it.

I don't know what else I did but it did fix my problem...

thanks