Stuck at boot anim after fission...

Asphyx

Reaction score
You are getting boot recovery correct?

it almost sounds like it is not saving the settings as if something is unwritable.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
ok well then I think I got what your tring to say now just woke up lol sorry
anyways if you have clockworks recovery and are trying to flash fission if thats the case try to install the sbf then and if you can set everything up then install fission with out a wipe of any kind that might work but I can't garuntee it

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
and or you could go over and grab that rom-er v5 from the get r done team and a droid 2 rom and try that method but still no sensors I beleive

leobg

Reaction score
Hey guys

thx for ur help so far. Flashing with RSD lite 4.9 worked, but I still get stuck at the settings page where you start setting up the device, then the Android title (the silver shiny one) appears for some seconds, then the setup screen with the green Android to touch, and that again and again...

Tried everything, dunno what to do..

btw, is there another working rom for me? The deodexed stock ROM works, too, that is what I got atm dancedroid

When you SBF, phone actually does not hard reset, does not even delete the caches. After SBF, enter stock [strike]boot loader[/strike] recovery and delete cache from there. If you still run into issues, go ahead and do full wipe from there. This should certainly 'cure' the problem.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Hey guys

thx for ur help so far. Flashing with RSD lite 4.9 worked, but I still get stuck at the settings page where you start setting up the device, then the Android title (the silver shiny one) appears for some seconds, then the setup screen with the green Android to touch, and that again and again...

btw, is there another working rom for me? The deodexed stock ROM works, too, that is what I got atm dancedroid

When you SBF, phone actually does not hard reset, does not even delete the caches. After SBF, enter stock boot loader and delete cache from there. If you still run into issues, go ahead and do full wipe from there. This should certainly 'cure' the problem.

I think you meant after SBF, enter stock "recovery" and wipe cache and/or data.

There is a great deal of confusion about terminology with these phones and it's very important to pay close attention to the details when attempting any modding on them. ;)

leobg

Reaction score
Hey guys

When you SBF, phone actually does not hard reset, does not even delete the caches. After SBF, enter stock boot loader and delete cache from there. If you still run into issues, go ahead and do full wipe from there. This should certainly 'cure' the problem.

I think you meant after SBF, enter stock "recovery" and wipe cache and/or data.

There is a great deal of confusion about terminology with these phones and it's very important to pay close attention to the details when attempting any modding on them. ;)

I stand corrected! Sorry - 2 hours sleep last night only :)

Hmmm this board does not support striked text? [strike]striked text[/strike]?

zero7404

Reaction score

i agree. not many devs and rommers take the time to spell out what everything is, such as what SBF stands for. as well as give a graphical breakdown or short manual explaining what aspects of the OS are, where they are stored, and what each function in the bootloader/recovery means.

CellZealot

Reaction score
You don't do it in bootloader, that was my point and I knew that leobg knew that too and was clarifying for the benefit of the OP and others.

You wipe cache from recovery, either stock or CW bootstrapper recovery has the option to wipe data and cache/factory reset or wipe cache by itself as a separate option.

If you have just flashed a SBF you won't have the bootstrap recovery yet so the stock recovery is what you will have to use.

This is accessed by holding the X key while powering on and then the keyboard search key when the green droid and exclamation point in triangle is displayed after the Motorola logo.

SBF files do not write to the userdata or cache partitions by design so this is the only way to achieve a completely clean state after flashing.

Reaction score
Oops! I meant from stock recovery, I swear. I ask because my first 3 SBF's went flawlessly, unfortunately the following 8 failed miserably, and I had to return my 6 week old new D2G to VZ for a refurbished one. Half way through the droid eye it would start over and I'd like to understand why before I begin switching Roms again. The only thing I thought it could be was the files I downloaded for fission, I.e. email fix, themes, etc. were still in memory and causing an error. Is that possible?

zero7404

Reaction score
i meant to say recovery, not bootloader ... sorry about that.

i suggest u get ur fone back to stock, go here and read the 2nd post it's got the info u need to do this ...

Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

after the phone reboots when flash is done, if you get stuck in a boot cycle, then pull battery, put it back in and do what CellZealot suggested ...