Loosing Unlimited DATA

Rico53

Reaction score
I recently read an article in PC Today under “Smartphone Updates” page 50 column 3 “Verizon Wireless expands 4G LTE Network Alters data plain”. In paragraph 3 of that article reads” In other Verizon Wireless News the company announced it will continue offering a $30-per-month Unlimited Data plan, but only to users who pay full retail price for a phone when they upgrade. Essentially, current users of the unlimited plain will have to give up the plain once the company introduces shared data plan if purchasing a subsidized phone when re-upping a two year contract”.
When I called VZW they told me that the data package was NOT part of the contract, but is considered a feature. I feature you MUST purchase if you have a smart phone I might add. So in a nutshell if you want to keep you unlimited data you pay upwards of $400.00 for a new phone. They have already done away with the “NEW EVERY TWO” now they are doing away with your unlimited data as well. In my opinon, VZW is getting too big to care about its customers.:blink:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Not to come off rude, but this all went down back in mid June.

OP
Rico53

Rico53

Reaction score
Yea But

This my have gone down in June, but it was not in the June news letter and some poor schlep going in o up grade his phone not be told about this when he gets home it's too late and he lost his unlimited data. At least now if someone reads the article they have a fighting chance. I didn't know until I read the article on pc magazine.

nikecar

Reaction score
This my have gone down in June, but it was not in the June news letter and some poor schlep going in o up grade his phone not be told about this when he gets home it's too late and he lost his unlimited data. At least now if someone reads the article they have a fighting chance. I didn't know until I read the article on pc magazine.

Its not Verizon's fault if the magazine/newsletter, etc didn't reach the person in time.

it was annoucned, was in various media sources, and there isn't anything that can be done.

You can buy a phone by a 3rd party (ebay, craigslist, swappa, etc) and use it without losing UD.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score

True and you know no verizon rep will give you the heads up when your upgrading your phone. They want you to be uninformed.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

Natey2

Reaction score
No loss of unlimited data for customers on the Corporate / Enterprise data plan, which still goes for $44.99/month.
Verizon knows better than to mess with Corporate data pricing. Lol.

Edit:
I stand corrected: Verizon is hosing corporate customers too (if that is of any consolation). I'll have to pay $15 more for the Corporate option, and be subjected to the same 2GB (or whatever) data limit of the selected plan, if I upgrade now.

Last edited: