Liquid 3.0 Issues

jerkwad

Reaction score
I know it's only been a day since this was released, but I'm surprised that there isn't already a thread about some minor issues some users (including myself) might be facing with the 3.0 release. I faithfully ran LGB 2.6 on the X for a long long time, but wanted the GB kernel, so I eagerly updated (wiped everything prior to install) to 3.0 - looks like I might head back to 2.6 until we see 3.1 or Liquid releases some kind of update to address some of these issues I'm seeing (unless it is just ME).

Big thanks to Liquid - the ROM is full of awesome! dancedroid
Please post your issues and see if they are common among all installations of 3.0.

*Note: Don't 'complain' or submit issues until you've done a full wipe of /data /system /cache /dalvik

Flashed over top of the .605 OTA update w/ root
1. Camera zoom freezes phone
2. Power widget fails to toggle GPS mode
3. Location and Security Settings "Use wireless networks " and "Use GPS satellites" settings don't apply until a reboot (intermittent, sometimes the changes apply immediately, sometimes the boxes recheck itself when you go back into the settings page)
4. "long hold power button menu" doesn't put phone into Airplane Mode

Last edited:

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I will post if I get any issues when I Flash this ROM. Also, it probably will be helpful if you also put what version of GB you flashed over, could help find out which version to avoid.

OP
J

jerkwad

Reaction score
I will post if I get any issues when I Flash this ROM. Also, it probably will be helpful if you also put what version of GB you flashed over, could help find out which version to avoid.

good point, others might want to do the same. according to his post here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liquid/175776-liquid-smooth-roms-3-0-multiple-devices.html it seems as though .605 is what he tested on, as he states the following:

***DROID X Users*** - Flash Over .605 Works Just Fine!
Remember to: Wipe data, Wipe cache, Wipe dalvik

Looking forward to hear from you and others on this. I so desperately want to use LGBX 3.0, but 2.6 spoiled me, and even though it was on the froyo kernel, i'll be going back to that for a while until i see if i'm the only idiot having these issues ;-)

jzd5032

Reaction score
Camera freezes and force closes in camera settings. When camera app is closed and reopened, it freezes and force closes. Regardless of fixing permission, switching camera app, or using one from the market...it will still do the same thing.

hendrixvanwylde

Reaction score
My android.phone process force closes at boot and every time I try and make a call. Any suggestions?

wazzelby

Reaction score
I got a immediate battery drain from 90% to 5% in 2 hours once I loaded the Rom. I also could not get it to charge from the USB on my computer. I had to charge it from the wall and after it was charged it started draining again extremely fast.

PARick

Reaction score
My android.phone process force closes at boot and every time I try and make a call. Any suggestions?

That generally indicates that you installed system data through TB. I would do a full wipe, then reinstall apps plus data ony.

OP
J

jerkwad

Reaction score
I got a immediate battery drain from 90% to 5% in 2 hours once I loaded the Rom. I also could not get it to charge from the USB on my computer. I had to charge it from the wall and after it was charged it started draining again extremely fast.

Yeow! that's a huge loss. I assume you didn't do a battery calibration though? did you wipe data/system/cache/dalvik before you installed? i know when i dno't calibrate the battery after a new rom, my phone will sit at 0-5% for like 2 hours or more before it shuts down.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I been running into strange things after I flashed this ROM. The first time i flashed this ROM i used the camera and it FCs at the settings. Then i started going through the liquid settings just seeing what i can do with it. Then i reinstalled a butt load of apps through TB, no data. I rebooted after and it was fine. I launched the D2 Bootstrapper and just clicked the install recovery button. Shortly after i decided to shut the phone down. Tried turning the phone back on but got an M logo loop. Had to SBF back.

Second attempt at the ROM, with the .596 GB SBF, it was working flawlessly for a few days up until now. I skipped the TB restore of apps. I dont have the D2 bootstrapper on yet. But now certain apps dont work correctly anymore. Swiftkey X has updated language modules but they wont download and hangs. Amazon Appstore no longer wants to download either. Gallery app and iSyncr says my SD card is mounted or missing so i cant see my pictures. I can browse my SD card through a file manager though. I love this ROM its really quick and smooth. But I dont see why these problems happen. Any help or ideas as to why i might have these weird problems?

tkampka

Reaction score
Hum...... fresh install from Verizon update. Rooted, bootstrapped, Rom manager for downloading lg3.0. Wipped everything as told, booted up, runs great execpt: blue toohth keeps unsinking with itself, and the damn camera work's for a minute when you first start the phone, then it fc's on me. I really hope he can fix this fast.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Rroyd_Rage

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as Lex Lugar. I am on .605 and every time I use bootstrap to either flash the wug tether zip or even make a back up it goes to the m logo bootloop. I am sick of sbfing.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You are actually not supposed to use bootstrap on liquid or other CM7/2nd-init ROMs. The reason being it causes issues that usually result in needing to SBF. To install the patch try either using ROM Manager (not ROM Toolbox) or boot into recovery and install the zip that way.

Rroyd_Rage

Reaction score
You are actually not supposed to use bootstrap on liquid or other CM7/2nd-init ROMs. The reason being it causes issues that usually result in needing to SBF. To install the patch try either using ROM Manager (not ROM Toolbox) or boot into recovery and install the zip that way.

I've used Rom manager and the same thing happened. I will try by booting to recovery but if it fails again.... final straw. But thanks for the info.