[ROM] LiquidICS v1.5 [Unofficial port] - DroidX

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by 13th angel, Jul 4, 2012.

1. aliefjoker

aliefjoker New Member

The install is the best I've experienced yet. So far it does run smooth but here is what I don't like so far:
    Battery life the same as CM9.
    Screen doesn't turn off unless I press the power button.
    (Meaning for some reason I can't change the setting to turn itself off after a minute of inactivity)
    My back and search button light stay on no matter what.
    Something is blocking me from connecting to HW Virtual Port.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

Let the battery settle in for a few days to get a better judgement of it.

Go to System settings/Display/Sleep and set the screen time out.

As far as the lights, I have an Otterbox so mine are covered. Wouldn't know if they're on or not.

Sent from my Black Iced X
  3. pmgreen12

pmgreen12 New Member

Help.. I've tried to flash but the liquid ics fishbowl screen is the furthest I can get. It just hangs with the liquid moving no matter what I try to do.
    Please help!!!
  4. LiCuid

LiCuid New Member

So, couple of things. absolutely love this rom. battery life isn't too shabby once some settings are tweaked. my current settings and levels. Display brightness all the way down. Sleep after 1 minutes. all widgets off, under advanced no 3g speed hack, no gpu acceleration. governor set to 800mhz max on boot.
    Using these settings and constantly using and viewing my phone i'm at 4.5 hours at 46% battery. Really not too bad.
    Also, Puffin Web browser does play flash videos using this rom! also, not sure what other people have found, but I'm with verizon and MMS works fine with this rom.
  5. LiCuid

LiCuid New Member

Ok PMgreen. I had this problem at first too. I was flashing from Liberty and ended up bricking my phone. In reality what happened was that I tried to use Droid 2 bootstrapper to install the rom. this equaled the bricked bootloop you are getting. If you came from a froyo build , that is why you are bootlooping. you need a gingerbread build in order to flash this rom successfully. I had trouble booting into recovery because i forgot the instructions changed once they went to GB. What you need to do at this point is wipe data/factory reset :\ . From power off, Hold power and the home key to get to the screen with the android and exclamatory triangle. at this point simulatenously hit vol + and vol - to show the recovery mode where you can wipe data/factory reset. Of course before you should do any of this, you might want to fill me in on what you were running and how you got to that point. Thanks.
  6. pmgreen12

pmgreen12 New Member

Thanks LiCuid, when I reboot and held the home key with exclamatory triangle but the up/dwn button didn't do anything.
    I was coming from 2.3, flashed to that from Froya. Appreciate your help
  7. pmgreen12

pmgreen12 New Member

I'm really confused.. I pulled the batter, literally took it out, reboot to that exclamatory triangle screen and kept hitting buttons.. Eventually I was able to wipe all again. I rebooted, and let the screen same fishbowl screen just hang...ten min later the menu buttons turned on and low and behold it appears to work

On second look, it looks like the phone constantly reboots. Turns on, boots up.. then reboots. UGH Any thoughts to make it work?
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  8. Lewst

Lewst New Member

I would recommend SBF back to stock image and try again. Boot looping is common after flashing and usually wiping user data and cache does the trick. In my opinion LiquidICS is still quite buggy. I've had much better luck with Vortex.
  9. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

You should try wiping data and cache and see if the reboots persist. An SBF should be your last option.

10. mystro2b

mystro2b New Member

Anybody having a problem with Google Music not working? I'm getting a play store error...Google Now is working for me! Just need my musics.
  11. Mcsquizzy

Mcsquizzy New Member

Youtube FCing, Spotify "Weirdness", missing HDMI setting, and lock screen glitching

Every time I hit the Youtube app, it immediately force closes. Any fixes? Also, Spotify acts weird in this ROM (music stops playing when changing playlists). The lock pattern screen lags when changing screen orientation, and frequently freezes altogether. Also, the HDMI options seem to be missing. Other than that, great ROM!
  12. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

For YouTube search for YouTube 2.4.4 apk. Install it and turn off updates.

13. elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666 New Member

out of all ics roms for dx i think im in love with this one, i tried cm9 beta and battery was HORRIBLE, so i found this one man im impressed. to start off the customizing of this one compared to others seems a bit better. still having issues with youtube uninstalled reinstalled and no luck. as far as battery life im still working on it charged my battery and wipe battery stats and now im waiting to see what happens but from the looking good...cant wait to keep using this rom and hopefully see more updates to this rom...
  14. rcglider

rcglider New Member

I've been on Liberty forever it seems.

How do the latest roms compare? Do I need to SBF before installing? Etc. Etc.

Thanks.
  15. elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666 New Member

OK if I'm correct I ran into this issue where I could not install it cause I was on 320 froyo, but I had to sbf to 605 or and not any higher cause if you sbf to 621 you can't go back to other sbf. That's how I got this rom to work but if your on liberty I'm thinking you should be ok flashing this over the current rom as long as its gb base before you do so find vzw sbf just in case.
  16. lexridge

lexridge New Member

Has anyone noticed that the notification sounds are a bit low in volume? I have them turned full on. Any idea how to increase this with maybe the Alsa Mixer perhaps?
  17. newmanx4

newmanx4 Member

Do a Google search for Volume+.

18. lexridge

lexridge New Member

Great idea! Unfortunetly, Volume+ only works with Gingerbread. I found some others that might however. Thanks for the tip. I am also wondering if it would be safe to install the ALSA app too, which installs all the ALSA tools.
  19. Venomizers

Venomizers New Member

My YouTube was working fine with 2.4.4 now it's not working. It keeps saying it has problem to play and touch to retry. Any solution? I have try reinstall and it doesn't work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  20. jklein74

jklein74 New Member

mute doesnt work

Just flashed this Rom on my Droid x after running Miui for some time noe.
    The first thing I noticed not working is mute, during phone calls.
    Is there any fix for this?
Search tags for this page

droid x ics

droid x liquid ics

droid x liquidsmooth ics v1.5 rom
ics for droid x
ics on droid x

liquid ics droid x

liquid ics rom droid x
liquid ics v1.5
liquid ics v1.5 (motorola droid x – shadow )
liquid rom droid x
liquid shadow droid x
liquidsmooth 1.5 droid x