13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
liquid-smooth.png

Version 1.5
Rom Features

• Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
  • Backup/Restore Liquid Control configurations so you can reflash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations (note this does not apply to any of the settings under the goodies section)
  • Liquid Control,allows for manipulation, customization, and optimization of nearly every area of this ROM.
  • Full screen mode(upper left of power menu birdie!)
  • More Incremental Navbar Heights to tweak the size just to your liking!
  • 5 Lockscreen targets w custom / ICS system icon support
  • Customizable Navbarbackground color,button glow speed.
  • Center clockmod/customizable Color
  • Lockscreen / Weather feature
  • Calendar / Lockscreen customization
  • Customizable batteryicons
  • PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop with the flick of a finger!
  • Theme Engine support!
  • SQLite Defrag
  • Dynamic (built into ROM) changelog!
  • Uniform ICS theme throughout the rom...
  • And Much much more!
========================================================================================================
It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid - Ice Cream Sandwhich (toro / maguro) V 1.5. V1.5 is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only a Liquid Smooth Rom could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the toro / maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at Rootzwiki! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to! Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as 1.X is in the works as I type...

Also, if you guys have a concern that we cannot adress here in the Rootzwiki thread, or youd like to contribute a great new idea for improving our project, we welcome you to join us @ IRC.FREENODE.NET; #LIQUIDS.
With that said,

V1.5 CHANGELOG / OP

As usual there are thousands of other changes made, take a look at ourcommit history.

Lastly, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH GAPPS WITH THIS ROM, THEY ARE INCLUDED.DOWNLOAD

===========================================
Liquid ICS v1.5 (Motorola Droid X - Shadow)
MD5:
f876d77c60c85f2e9e209db598706b61
http://synibox.info/...ow-ics-v1.5.zip

===========================================
Installation

• Ensure that you are on a Gingerbread kernel
  • Make sure you are rooted and have Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed (or recovery via Rom Manager)
  • Download zip and verify md5sum
  • Boot into ClockworkMod recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset (if coming from test builds you only need to wipe cache)
  • Install zip from sdcard (install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> liquid_shadow-ics-v1.5.zip)
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Thanks

• The entire liquid team for the rom (and the top half of the OP)
  • Bikedude880 for the initial device trees
  • Jonman409 for picking up cm9 and doing sooooo much work to it. Without it ICS roms for this device would not be where they are.
  • Beanstown106 for getting me interested in porting this to begin with
  • Everyone who tested and provided feedback

Notes

• Because of how our hardware acceleration is implemented it requires a whitelist for apps to recieve it. This will be updated to reflect CM9's list per release but if you wish to add to it you can manually by editing the hwui-whitelist.txt in /system/. To find the name to put into the file navigate to /data/app then copy the name minus the -1.apk. The app will recieve hwa after rebooting.
  • Because this is not an official port do not report issue's to the Liquid team, report them in this thread please.
  • I will not be updating this per beta release but instead will update per official release.
  • Source: http://github.com/liquid-moto

darkreaper476

Reaction score
So its ICS, therefor what does not work? how is the battery, camera camcorder, does it have all the codecs and hardware accelerated video playback? every time I try an ICS rom I get extremely bad battery life, around 60% use in less than an hour with very light use.

thanks

friedsonjm

Reaction score
So its ICS, therefor what does not work? how is the battery, camera camcorder, does it have all the codecs and hardware accelerated video playback? every time I try an ICS rom I get extremely bad battery life, around 60% use in less than an hour with very light use.

thanks

Latest version installed 1.5, test6 did not have bad battery life from my limited look, will know more over the next few days. lgcamera works for stills and videos. NOTE: 'Force GPS Rendering' checked 'on' under Developer Options.

Would like to know more about Performance governers 'Userspace' vs 'On Demand...'

EDIT: Apparently, 'Userspace' allows customization of freq's, etc. but at least within the ROM, there is no provision to do so.

Last edited:

friedsonjm

Reaction score
Chrome Browser

Chrome installs, opens, but the freezes, and can't be used. I've seen this: Guide: How to Get the Chrome Browser to Work On Custom ICS ROMs | TalkAndroid.com

suggesting to change build.prop entries:

Last week we reported that the most recent Chrome Beta update broke compatibility for some custom Android 4.0 ROMs. The update proved to be beneficial on devices that are running stock ICS so I wanted to figure out a way to get it up and running on my rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1 running a CM9 kang. Apparently some of the custom ROMs have a build.id and display.id that reflect an Android version other than ICS even though they actually run Android 4.0. There is a simple workaround for this and I will give you a quick walk-through in the video below. Basically you will just need to make sure your build.id and display.id read IML74K.

but I have no idea what ours, currently IMM76D should be changed to, or if this would work at all.. thoughts?

newmanx4

Reaction score
Chrome is working fine for me. It will force close if I use tab view.

Sent from my Liquid DROID X

Reaction score
Great rom, very grateful coming from rooted 4.5.621. Very smooth, camera works, and everything else I've tried. I can't get google maps to install though, not sure what's going there. Anyway, excellent rom, can't wait for future releases. :)

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
geese x13th... you've brought so much to the x... great work man :D

darkreaper476

Reaction score
So what about video hardware acceleration and codecs? Can you play the videos your stock dx would play or even took?. I've got a whole list of vids that old blur based roms would play and play well (720p).
But now wont play at all with any blurless aosp rom (except liberty I think but its not true aosp)

Post about battery life now that you guys have been using it a while.. my phone just seems to hate ics.. man I want an upgrade but oh do I hate verizon............

ToneMasterFlex

Reaction score
On this rom do we use d2 bootstrapper to get back in to recovery or does this rom have its own built in recovery.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ToneMasterFlex said:
On this rom do we use d2 bootstrapper to get back in to recovery or does this rom have its own built in recovery.

All second init roms... such as this one have recovery built in... if you use d2 bootstrap.. it'll throw you in a boot loop needing an sbf

darkreaper476

Reaction score
Wow incredible batt life. Ill have to try just for that .. I've tried an array of (software rendering apps) none can play the 720p videos that were playable via hardware rendered on old schools roms and even stock... sooooooooo. Ya, if it doesn't have the codecs and ability to render the video via hardware acceleration then... it wont lol I believe the DX can render h264 720p via hardware with the right codecs.. but those codecs seemed to be lost. Lol

Thanks I hope my X will have the life yours does.. hell I'd be happy with half that lol

cloverz7

Reaction score
About to try this downloading now, I'll edit this with opinions.

darkreaper476

Reaction score
So the battery life seems OK at best... but the camcorder still doesn't work even with lgcamera.... this sucks cause why can't any X roms have a working camera and video playback anymore.... even GB roms suffer from this... uhhhggg so sad..... wish I knew how to develope.. lol