[Liberty's Demise] Should we have any idea of our future?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Jubakuba, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, now that cm7 has been released on the gb kernel I'm sure battery life will improve. Even now I get 8 hours of heavy use and I mean heavy.

I'm on a d2 (so I don't have 720 anyhow) I use the app quickpic for photos and I have 10,000+No issues.
    It's personal preference of course, but my phone screams and functions waaaay better than it ever did on liberty. It's night and day.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

2. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great first post, OP.

3. DJxPanda

DJxPanda Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which nightly updated it to the GB kernel? I know i saw it being 2.3.5 now but like.. the most recent nightly i had was 57 and the battery life massively sucked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

4. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Check the thread on rootzwiki. It's a separate rom. You have to be on the gb leak first. It's still has a ton of bugs (gps is weird, camera/camcorder not working etc..)
    I'm on the latest froyo kernel nightly for the d2 (54) its running perfect as usual. I'm staying where I'm at for now.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

5. rfranken

rfranken Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you have to try Miui.
    its lock screens are !Very! good.

6. DJxPanda

DJxPanda Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh ok good to know good to know. Ill check it out and see if its worth it. Cuz as soon as MIUI makes it to the GB kernel im there. I love MIUI. Anyways thanks much for the info

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

7. xzdarkstarzx

xzdarkstarzx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you skimmed, and its not a literacy problem.

This is where I argue that they should bother to toss us a bone now and again

8. BigRalphN

BigRalphN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just came back from cm7 so here are my answers. Cm7 less stable, no hd video, need patch for camera to work, certain apps do not work, some market apps will not show up or work with it. Gps issues and more. cm7 is smoking fast and uses less memory.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

9. pcpimp

pcpimp Member

Ratings:
    +1
    MIUI 1.9.16.1 latest release is now GB on .602 !!!

10. chefb

chefb Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Liberty is not all dead they are coming out with one for the bionic ......kejar just debloted /deoxed it....lol and my phone came the other day just in time!

11. fry-lock

fry-lock New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Um, maybe not in the sense that we pay them directly for the roms, but myself and about 10k-50k other people have bought the donate version of liberty toolbox (according to the market). At $5 per app, that's at least $50k minimum not including Google's cut, so yes, we in fact ARE paying them. And that money is well deserved, because I'm sure it's no easy task develop roms with their hands tied behind their back due to the locked bootloader.

I'm not *****ing, because I'll gladly support developers time and time again who put out quality work, but to say they don't make money off developing roms is flat out wrong.

Didn't Jrummy post about a month ago about how he took a break, and would be starting back up soon? He said he was reworking toolbox again, then going to dive into another version of Liberty.