News, updates, reflections - Liberty ROM, Justice, Apps, etc.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have posted on DroidForums or any forums. I just wanted to take a second to reflect over the past two years of working on Android projects and give you guys some news.

My Reflections:

Hmmm... I'm in one of those pondering moods. You know.. where you sit back and think, "How in the world did I get where I am at today??" Android has played a huge role in my life in the past two years. What an adventure. Night after night trying to teach myself all about Android and now I can officially say I am a nerd. And it all started here, on DroidForums. I have found the Android community to have some great people, exciting (but retarded) drama, and lots of love and support for developers and beginners alike.

I just want to end my little "reflections" message with a big thanks! Thank you to everyone out there in Android, whether you have supported me or not. Developing ROMs (Remix, Shiz, Kangerade, LithiumMod, Liberty, Justice and helping with others), creating several themes, developing apps (Overclock, Toolbox, RootTools, Busybox Installer, etc.) and doing my best to stay on top of questions and emails has been a long and hard road. Most of all I would like to thank my wife for putting up with my Android addiction. Without her non of my projects would have been possible.

News:

Ok, so you got passed my ponderings (or just skipped them). Here are some updates on some Android Projects I have going:

Liberty ROM:

Yes, I will continue work on Liberty ROM. I know there is a new update out and I will work on the next Liberty for the Droid X and Droid 2. I plan to go back to work on Liberty this upcoming week.

Justice ROM:

I have decided to stop work on Justice for now. CyanogenMod is a great open source ROM. If I stopped work on Liberty and worked on Justice a lot more things would be possible because I would be working with code. Liberty ROM cannot have all the features an open source ROM has because we aren't working with code. The plus side about ROMs like Liberty is they are based off official updates that were meant for the device. So, if you like having aosp & blur options Liberty is the way to go. If I continues work on Justice I felt like I would have to put all other android projects to the side and I can't do that right now.

ROM Toolbox:

I will be updating ROM Toolbox today with some minor changes. Liberty and Justice will be available in free version as well as some other features.

After spending a week or two re-writing ROM Toolbox I now have decided I want to redo the whole thing again o_O I want to make it ridiculously awesome and it just isn't where I want it currently. If you got the donate/pro version thank you so much for supporting development. I plan to work on ROM Toolbox for along time and make your donation worth it ;)

Droid Overclock:

Droid Overclock is an app I work on with xeudoxus (Matt Oaks). He goes unnoticed sometimes and is a great developer. We have updates planned and currently have 2 new profiles (time & call). We also have future plans for it to have different themes available for the app as well as tablet support (it supports tablets now but the layout needs work).

App Manager:

I started work on this 2-3 weeks ago and it is getting ready for a first release. I am really excited about how it is turning out. Basically I downloaded every app manager I could find and combined every feature into one app. Right now it has no root features but I plan on adding all of those. Once done it will be able to do backup/restore (for root) and have every feature I can dig up and think of.

Other apps:

Yeah... I will do my best to update those too o_O

Thanks for reading my ramblings and for all your support! I really appreciate it!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's great to hear from you Jared! Thanks for keeping us up to date. I know a lot of us as fans of your work have been wondering what was going on. I'm so excited to see what you'll develop next. My first rom was liberty and I am so grateful for all you do (including all those must have apps you've created. I'm liking the new app manager and revamped toolbox.) It was you who got me excited about android. Now to my disbelief as well, I've gone total geek :p I was happy to donate to team liberty. Keep up the good work!

Domenic

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

Last edited:

nateohio

Reaction score
Hey Jared Good to hear from you!!!!

Are you still considering porting liberty over to the X2? I've been holding out for some love from team liberty

hillmom

Reaction score
I've loved Liberty, the changes to ROM toolbox, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next. I guarantee I'll be getting the donate version of your app manager. Love your work, thank you so much!

Sent from my DROID X using Tapatalk forums.

Smdinsf

Reaction score
Thank you for the update Jared. Your overclocking app was the first app I loaded after rooting my phone. When I found the Liberty toolbox it was a god send I no longer had to try 5 or 6 ROMs a day liberty was way cool so I eagerly bought the Liberty tool box. Then came Justice and that was it for me I absolutely loved it, so please don't stop supporting it. I. think I own all of your paid apps and do appreciate your hard work. So keep it up but don't loose time away from your family as a result of that hard work.

Thanx again,

SMD

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Jared. I look forward to seeing the changes in Liberty and the other apps.

random rom'd X

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Yes. Thank you for the update. Now hopefully it keeps the kids quite for awhile

x.sys

wawzat

Reaction score
Can't wait

I've been on gummyjar and Liberty since the start because they took the DX from being mediocre to nearly perfect. I'm now on stock 602 because I couldn't deal with the random reboots and loss of 3G and GPS due to bugs in 595. So now the device is more stable, but back to being laggy and sluggish. I'm looking forward to being back with Liberty again! Jared, you do awesome work and the DX community is very lucky to benefit from your talent. Seems like you've found a good work/life balance as it should should be. I'll wait patiently. Hj

evileyefox

Reaction score
Good to hear from you.
I've since moved to a dinc2 but liked liberty on my d2.
Google:liberty is awesome

Haha, that was a trip

evileyefox

Reaction score
Good to hear from you.
I've since moved to a dinc2 but liked liberty on my d2.
Google:liberty is awesome

Haha, that was a trip

chaos254

Reaction score
i'm glad to hear that there is going to be an update for liberty! thanks

andwhun

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks! Good luck on whats next. Just got the new app manager update! I like where its going :D Sorry to hear Justice is going away but it's quite understood.

Thanks again!