Liberty v0.6 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevewear

Reaction score
my facebook contact sync (I.E. my FB friend's pics aren't syncing with contacts) isn't working (through blur not FB) it worked fine on 5. I tried getting rid of the the social networking app, that didn't fix it. reflashed .6 (over .6) and it didn't do anything..

Next step is a wipe, but I'm wondering if its a bug, or just me?

I an having the same issue and my contact pictures won't sync with facebook. Any help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

preusstang

Reaction score
On v0.6.

I've found the root of a bug that's been plaguing me since v0.3.

When I would click on a contact to view details, or try to add a new contact, the contacts.apk would immediately close. No fc or anything. Just like the old accounts bug.

As weird as it sounds - and I've tested this several times now - this bug exists after removing Yahoo! Mail Authenticator 2.3.3 AND Voicemail 1.1

Go ahead, someone freeze these apps in TB and restart contacts and try to view a contact's details. Im very confused by this, so someone please try to replicate. Thanks.

EDIT: reboot the phone after freezing said apps

EDIT 2: BTW, FB picture sync is working well for me, but the images wont display in AOSP messaging

Last edited:

Dream

Reaction score
Is there a way to force sync contacts pictures with facebook? Half of my contacts sync'd and the other half did not.

searayman

Reaction score
tryng to solve my problem of not being able to download anythign from the market. How can I wipe data and cache to try and sort this out if i can not download any apps? I can not boot into recovery without liberty tools.....

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Everyone: Facebook pictures no longer sync as a result of a change in gingerbread, it's not a LGB 0.6 bug.

What MIGHT be a bug is in the WiFi hotspot. I set it up to connect really quick this morning and the connection kept failing. I had to add the Mac address as an exception, ( the allow all connections check box was greyed out). Once I added it i was able to connect. Might want to look at it. I'll see if can reproduce it tomorrow.

DX LGB 0.6

nordy420

Reaction score
tryng to solve my problem of not being able to download anythign from the market. How can I wipe data and cache to try and sort this out if i can not download any apps? I can not boot into recovery without liberty tools.....

Just a shot in the dark, but access the market from a pc and try sending d2 bootstrapped to your phone that way.

Last edited:

searayman

Reaction score

Just a shot in the dark, but access the market from a of and try sending d2 bootstrapped to your phone that way.

i dont understand what your trying to say....

nordy420

Reaction score

Just a shot in the dark, but access the market from a of and try sending d2 bootstrapped to your phone that way.

Sorry didn't realize I misspelled that. Get on your computer and access the market on there. You can send the droid 2 bootstrap from the market via text or email that way, and then you can get into recovery.

nordy420

Reaction score

Let me know if it works for ya.

searayman

Reaction score
OK i solved to not downloading error. If you can not download anything go into settings, applications and manage applications. I pretty much force closed and cleared all the data for all the google applications then signed into google talk and once that signed in correctly the market worked well.

nordy420

Reaction score
OK i solved to not downloading error. If you can not download anything go into settings, applications and manage applications. I pretty much force closed and cleared all the data for all the google applications then signed into google talk and once that signed in correctly the market worked well.

Good, at least your rolling now.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah that's a common solution that is suggested by google. Glad it worked!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

bishyaler

Reaction score
Is the AOSP calendar being broken a known issue? Or did my Liberty install get hosed? The accounts screen says:

"Sync com.android.calendar"
"Sync is experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

sTl2yk3l2

Reaction score
I have a bug or more like a problem. My security lock will not work. I set up the code or pattern all right, then when I turn phone off then back on, nothing happens. Its just the normal lock screen. This started happening on .5 , I wiped data on install to, still it will not work. Maybe someone can help, cause I can't figure it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.