Liberty v0.6 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scallywag1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's my setup or a bug, but I like Blur Gallery and chose that in the Customizer... However, while viewing a photo and clicking Share button it tells me

Share Picture via

No Applications can perform this action

If I choose AOSP gallery sharing works fine from there... Am I missing a part of Blur?

Thanks!
Art

I found that if you go with either all aosp or all blur, this problem disappears. With a reboot....

Sent from my Liberty GB v6 DX

KidCuda

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the Motoblur clock app is in this build? I remember it not being present in 0.5, I just got a dock and I would like to take advantage of it!

jsummers

Reaction score
is there anyway to get a working calendar on 0.6?

The AOSP calendar will not open for me. I click it and nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled thru customizer to no avail. Blur calendar works tho

I dont see why all these ppl are complaining about pic. sync. I checked facebook in the customizerto and then made an account in settings and then wah lah. No manual sync available. Just give it about 2 hours to do all your contacts. The pics show up in contacts and on the dialer / call history but DO NOT show in the AOSP messaging app

I think I have blurr calendar installed... and it opens but google does not sync to it.... I never used the liberty customizer.
For people having issues with calendar / sync...

I turn off sync in accounts for calendar, use liberty customizer to make sure I am set to the calendar I would like to use. Go into manage applications and clear all data related to calendar and calendar service then reboot.

After reboot I go back into settings and enable the sync for calendar.

I have had this issue a few times after flashing new rom and some version of these steps solve it for me.

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
I'm seeing problems using Amazon MP3 to play music from the cloud drive - when I select a song, it starts to load then never actually plays. Just sits there loading, loading, loading... Not sure if it would play music stored on the SD card, as I don't presently have any there.

Also have issues, as I believe others have reported, with Gentle Alarm and Weatherbug Elite, both obtained as free apps of the day from the Amazon App Store, requiring re-installs after each reboot. Otherwise, trying to run them results in the "unknown error" from the Amazon App store.

Finally, I had a problem trying to play music from the Google Music beta "cloud". I would get to the point of selecting my song, but then the app would force close.

I can't tell you how many uninstalls, reinstalls, wipes, reconfigs, wifi instead of 3G, 3G instead of wifi, etc. I've tried, and I also tried turning off the Liberty option to zip align on boot (and uninstalled and re-installed the apps) with no success.

Other than these annoyances, I found 0.6 to be nice and fast. However, I use my phone docked in the media dock and in the car, and need these things to function, so I'm currently back to rooted stock 569.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

jsummers

Reaction score
I'm seeing problems using Amazon MP3 to play music from the cloud drive - when I select a song, it starts to load then never actually plays. Just sits there loading, loading, loading... Not sure if it would play music stored on the SD card, as I don't presently have any there.

Also have issues, as I believe others have reported, with Gentle Alarm and Weatherbug Elite, both obtained as free apps of the day from the Amazon App Store, requiring re-installs after each reboot. Otherwise, trying to run them results in the "unknown error" from the Amazon App store.

Finally, I had a problem trying to play music from the Google Music beta "cloud". I would get to the point of selecting my song, but then the app would force close.

I can't tell you how many uninstalls, reinstalls, wipes, reconfigs, wifi instead of 3G, 3G instead of wifi, etc. I've tried, and I also tried turning off the Liberty option to zip align on boot (and uninstalled and re-installed the apps) with no success.

Other than these annoyances, I found 0.6 to be nice and fast. However, I use my phone docked in the media dock and in the car, and need these things to function, so I'm currently back to rooted stock 569.

Amazon app issues: turn off zip align on reboot in liberty settings

Google music: turn off ad blocking

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice. As stated, I turned off the zip align option and it didn't seem to fix the issue. Although, now that I think of it, it may have fixed the need to reinstall after reboot - just not the Amazon MP3 issue. I'll have to try that again.

I'll try turning off ad blocking to see if that helps with Google Music. I hadn't yet found that mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks!

jsummers

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice. As stated, I turned off the zip align option and it didn't seem to fix the issue. Although, now that I think of it, it may have fixed the need to reinstall after reboot - just not the Amazon MP3 issue. I'll have to try that again.

I'll try turning off ad blocking to see if that helps with Google Music. I hadn't yet found that mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks!

I have not used the amazon mp3 thing so I do not know about that but for both the amazon apps ( gentle alarm specifically ) I know that turning off the zipalign fixed it for me.

For the google music fix, I spent a long time on google looking for the answer and it worked like magic for me :)

Good luck!

tomfo0lery

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues to a few other people in that since v.5/v.6 my wifi is rarely working properly. I constantly have to reboot the phone to get it to work, then it works for a few minutes, then stops.

Jiibus

Reaction score
I had issues with adding new events to the blur calendar, it would just close as soon as I tried to add one, so I used LC to change to AOSP calendar and it was fixed, but no longer synced. Then I turned off sync, cleared the data in applications settings, rebooted and turned sync back on like a previous user suggested and it still wouldn't sync. I swapped back to blur calendar and repeated the process and still nothing so I restored app and data with TB and it shows ask my old events but still won't sync any for this month. Also it now shows US holidays now interestingly enough where it didn't before.

Also when I go into accounts and uncheck then check my calendar the sync icon shows up and the time updates but the icon doesn't go away and nothing is synced.

Last edited:

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score

Thanks!

I have not used the amazon mp3 thing so I do not know about that but for both the amazon apps ( gentle alarm specifically ) I know that turning off the zipalign fixed it for me.

For the google music fix, I spent a long time on google looking for the answer and it worked like magic for me :)

Good luck!

Reloaded my backup of Liberty 0.6 and enabled ads again, and sure enough I can now actually play music with Google Music beta. And my Amazon apps are not telling me they need to be re-installed, so that seems good too. Only issue now is with trying to play music from the cloud using the Amazon MP3 app, although I was wrong about the issue... It's actually FCing on me when I pick the song that I want to play. I'm going to load a couple of songs onto my SD card to see if they play as well, and try some additional things (uninstall/resinstall, etc.).

Thanks again for the help man.

auracle2g

Reaction score
Android browser is force closing whenever i attempt to access bookmarks/history/etc window in the browser. everytime. fixed permissions n stuff, nothing.

StormChaser46

Reaction score
My Facebook account is no longer listed in My Accounts. When I try to add a new FB account, it says only one can be activated at a time, but there's no way for me to deactivate it first because it's not there. Please help.

preusstang

Reaction score
My Facebook account is no longer listed in My Accounts. When I try to add a new FB account, it says only one can be activated at a time, but there's no way for me to deactivate it first because it's not there. Please help.

Open TB, go to Accounts Storage 2.3.3 and pick wipe data. Of course you'll have to re add any other ones after that.

I think that should do it. But I've never had to do anything like that.

StormChaser46

Reaction score

Open TB, go to Accounts Storage 2.3.3 and pick wipe data. Of course you'll have to re add any other ones after that.

I think that should do it. But I've never had to do anything like that.

Tried it. Still doesn't appear in the list, but the check is still next to the FB account and won't let me add a new one :(

Edit: I've also tried removing Facebook from the customizations but that doesn't seem to stick. I then tried reflashing the ROM without clearing data/cache, and the icon was gone. Then when I readded FB in customizations, the checkmark was back and the issue persisted. Ugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.