Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks to swagger I was able to change my boot animation successfully manually but my question would be.
Where do you place the bootanimation.zip to have the 2.01 toolbox install it?
(If I place it in the sdcard root then go to the liberty toolbox and click install bootanimation I just get a error message).
Also when I installed the bootanimation manually and successfully,how come when I use astro to navigate to the system/media folder I do not see the bootanimation.zip?
Thanks for the help guys!

Correction: It's in /system/bin/bootanimation

Note: Please do not mess with that file unless you're doing an adb pull to customize it and know what you're doing.

Using Liberty Toolbox to install bootanimation.zip:

Put the custom bootanimation.zip file in your /data/local folder. Open up Liberty Toolbox, click on Liberty Tweaks, click on Manage Boot Animation, make sure you click on Enable boot animation (just to be sure), then click on Install bootanimation.zip on SD and find the bootanimation.zip on your /data/local folder, reboot.

Manually installing bootanimation.zip with Android Terminal:

Put the bootanimation.zip in your sdcard root.

Open up your Android terminal and type this in the terminal window:

dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/data/local/bootanimation.zip

If you wish to revert back to the original, just delete the bootanimation.zip in /data/local. The original bootanimation.zip will still stay in the /system/media.

Side notes:

You cannot install a bootanimation file that is renamed to something else. Change the name to bootanimation.zip and follow steps above. As mentioned, Android cannot understand such file with a different name or format for that specific purpose and it cannot understand the format(s) of extra subfolders that are not necessary. If you need to find out what the folders look like then use your PC/latop, use Winrar or 7-zip, pull up an original bootanimation.zip and look at the folder structures. If a custom, uncompressed, or different format file is used then you need to make sure that the files are not in a folder that is in another folder or else it won't work. A simple rename from bootanimationname.zip to bootanimation.zip will work.
what do i do then? unzip it?
it has: bootanimation folder>desc.txt, Part0 and part1.

the file was called "R2D2-bootanimation-with-yellow-logo.zip"

the other link is the logo bin

You are not suppose to extract anything unless you are doing work on it and know what you're doing. Leave it as it is. Rename file to bootanimation.zip and use steps above to install it.

Thanks for the awsome tut on the various steps! You rock dancedroid

buhhryant

Reaction score
is there any way to get the droid 2 blur camera back on liberty 2.0.1? i don't see any option to install it within the liberty toolbox (we had the option to install addons in liberty 1.5)

Kimo91

Reaction score
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I downloaded the black themed gmail and Facebook apologize but when I go to install I get a "application not installed" message and I still can't seem to get the stock camera back. I even made sure to mount system as read/write

Kimo91's Liberated Droid 2

Reaction score

what do i do then? unzip it?
it has: bootanimation folder>desc.txt, Part0 and part1.

the file was called "R2D2-bootanimation-with-yellow-logo.zip"

the other link is the logo bin
You are not suppose to extract anything unless you are doing work on it and know what you're doing. Leave it as it is. Rename file to bootanimation.zip and use steps above to install it.

No, in this case, the bootanimation.zip file has to be extracted out. I created a nested zip file because the forum wouldn't allow me to attach the original bootanimation.zip file, for whatever reason.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No, in this case, the bootanimation.zip file has to be extracted out. I created a nested zip file because the forum wouldn't allow me to attach the original bootanimation.zip file, for whatever reason.

That is why I said an original bootanimation.zip should be looked at and compare the folder/file structures, make sure main folders aren't inside another folder, or fix anything that was altered, compressed/decompressed, or done in any way BECAUSE of not being able to just put the .zip file attachment here in the forums.

I think the very reason you are not able to just attach that .zip file is because you don't have the privilege to do that unless you're an official Dev or themer. I could be wrong, but that's my assumption.

droidony

Reaction score
so i need a bit of help, i installed 2.0.1 patch but i wiped before. i was able to reboot and restore to an older backup. i am now trying to apply the backup i created with the liberty 2.0 toolbox just before i applied the patch. i can not figure out how to apply liberties backup. i have tried rom manger, does not recognize it as a backup. within the tool box i can not find anything that allows me to select the backup

xandor

Reaction score
I keep getting 'error' when using most menu items in the toolbox. Any suggestions?

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
Toolbox question: When downloading apps from the toolbox, like any blur or themed apps, before installing it asks to backup current ROM and clear cache and data. is it advisable to do this? Or should i just let it install? Will I lose all my data again. I mean its easy enough to restore with TB but really? just to install an alarm clock? Thanks in advance for your answers.

jdog94

Reaction score
if you let it wipe you will lose......no need unless changing roms in my opinion

Inelastic

Reaction score
so i need a bit of help, i installed 2.0.1 patch but i wiped before. i was able to reboot and restore to an older backup. i am now trying to apply the backup i created with the liberty 2.0 toolbox just before i applied the patch. i can not figure out how to apply liberties backup. i have tried rom manger, does not recognize it as a backup. within the tool box i can not find anything that allows me to select the backup

I'm having the same trouble. The backups are made in the /liberty/backups folder, but I think clockwork recovery only looks in the /clockworkmod/backup folder, or whatever its named, but not the same folder that liberty puts its backups in. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe if you move the backup from the liberty folder to where the backups from clockwork are stored you might have luck restoring them when you reboot to recovery.

killalax

Reaction score
When downloading the droid 2 patch, liberty toolbox downloads the droidx patch instead of downloading the droid 2 patch. Please fix.

jayo34

Reaction score
Flashing new fonts

Hi all,

I'm still pretty new to the whole custom ROM scene. I'm running Liberty 2.0.1 and am able to install new fonts from the Liberty Toolbox (Liberty Mods >> Install Fonts).

My question is if I need to actually wipe all my data in order to flash a new font pack. My understanding is that wiping is a "just-in-case" thing to make sure new files don't interact incorrectly with existing files. But in the case of something like a new font (which I have read only replaces 3 files) is this really necessary?

What are my odds of messing something up if I do'n' bother? Will I know immediately if something is broken? Obviously I would make a nandroid backup beforehand just to be safe.

Thanks for any help!

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
What purpose does the zipalign apps function serve and approxamately how long should it take? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I grabbed the latest version from the market and dont see nay option for a blur add-on. Really wanted to get blur contacts working, is this no longer possible?