Liberty ROM - v. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdog

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get clipboard back. After going to liberty I've seemed to of lost it (was running stock froyo) I can still copy/paste but before I had a paste from clipboard, which I could have several copied text in it...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You mean like a clipboard app? I use clipper (clipper+ actually) its a awesome clipboard manager app.

VanZandt

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get clipboard back. After going to liberty I've seemed to of lost it (was running stock froyo) I can still copy/paste but before I had a paste from clipboard, which I could have several copied text in it...

You mean like a clipboard app? I use clipper (clipper+ actually) its a awesome clipboard manager app.

Ill have to look into that, but no, this was a stock feature

foxdog

Reaction score
Anyone else randomly grinding to a halt after installing liberty 2.0? Never happened on 1.0 or apex. Not using anything new afaik. Just liberty 2.0 and oreo theme. Phone becomes unresponsive for several minutes at a time, not sure how to troubleshoot. Have to pull the battery.

What governor are you using? I would run fixperms in terminal and use ondemand governor. I did find a zip that installs the "smartass" governor and it seems to be ruining really well but takes a little more tweaking to select it than just installing the zip because (i think) how liberty use/selects the different governors.

I keep seeing "sent by my droid x" in posts... I may be in the wrong section lol

VanZandt

Reaction score
Anyone else randomly grinding to a halt after installing liberty 2.0? Never happened on 1.0 or apex. Not using anything new afaik. Just liberty 2.0 and oreo theme. Phone becomes unresponsive for several minutes at a time, not sure how to troubleshoot. Have to pull the battery.

No, have never had a problem like that.

VanZandt

Reaction score

Thanks for the Clipper suggestion, its helping get the job done (i do alot of copy paste) stock version was easier, cuz you could long press in a text field, and bring something up very similar to this app..ohh well, best I get for now :)

foxdog

Reaction score
o i think i know what your talking about. I just got a d2 not that long ago and this zoom thing (where you long press in text box and it magnifies it) is rather odd. didnt have that on my d1. I use swipe and in the latest android versions (witch we cant run... damn bootloader) google redid how the cut/copy thing worked witch totally screwed me up with swype. to get the list with copy all, select all etc menu, I think you hafta long press where their is no text or something. its defiantly not as simple as it was before

schwadb

Reaction score
I have Android version 2.2.1 with Liberty 1.5 installed. I donated to the new Liberty Toolbox. Can I safely install Liberty 2.0?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yes, but it's wise to go through the process of making a backup and wiping prior to install. Make sure to read the instructions in the OP.

schwadb

Reaction score
Should I update to Android version 2.3.340 before updating? If so, how do I do this? Sorry...I'm relatively new to the rooting thing.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Android 2.2.1 and 2.3.340 are completely different. 2.2.1 is and Android OS, 2.3.340 is the Motorola build iirc. You are fine to install if you have Liberty 1.5 installed already.

schwadb

Reaction score
Just one more thing...What does this mean?

Liberty is tested and supported on only 320/340 droid X’s.

How do I know that my Droid X is a 320/340?

Status
Not open for further replies.