Liberty Nightlies GB Bug Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roblusk71

Reaction score
I got my facebook contacts working. All I did was placed the zip file in the root of my phone then installed it. I downloaded the zip file from a link that jrummy posted on twitter. Click the link and select the droid 2 file.

Edit: I forgot to add clear the cache and perform a full reboot. It also wouldn't hurt to mount the system read/write and perform a fix permissions. I did all the above and now works perfectly.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Flowah

Reaction score
I got my facebook contacts working. All I did was placed the zip file in the root of my phone then installed it. I downloaded the zip file from a link that jrummy posted on twitter. Click the link and select the droid 2 file.

Edit: I forgot to add clear the cache and perform a full reboot. It also wouldn't hurt to mount the system read/write and perform a fix permissions. I did all the above and now works perfectly.

Can you explain more fully than that? What link? I checked his twitter, don't see anything.

MindArchr

Reaction score
So what should I do to work this out? Flash the rooted gb and then flash the nightly? There has to be an easier way, at least I thought there was

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

that's what I did. I flashed the rooted GB, then installed the nightly over it, and everything installed fine.

Have you had a lot of issues with gb? I mean should I wait for the ota cause liberty 2.0 is great! Is it a big difference or just more buggy? Just trying to see if it's worth it to get on gb now

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

I haven't really had any major issues. Originally I complained about the AM/PM not showing (but then I learned this was a GB issue, and not Liberty), and my LED notifications weren't working (reflashing seemed to fix this). The only things now are no haptic feedback on some UI's, camcorder not playing back sound after recording a video, and I discovered last night, battery usage under spare parts force closes. Also, the calendar won't allow the addition of new events (it force closes). These are only the issues I've had, I can't speak for others. I enjoy the speed of GB, but it still has its issues here and there, so you might want to try it out just to see if you like it. Honestly, Froyo with Liberty 2.0.1 is still great, but if you don't want to go through the trouble of sbf'ing, flashing, etc. don't do it just yet.

roblusk71

Reaction score

Can you explain more fully than that? What link? I checked his twitter, don't see anything.

Here is the link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...ingerbread-v0-4-return-eagle.html#post1500665

Download the file for d2.
Put that file on the root of your sd card.
Boot into recovery.
Wipe cache - (don't factory reset just wipe cache partition)
Install the zip file.
Reboot system.
Go into liberty toolbox.
Go to liberty tweaks.
Go to miscellaneous.
Mount read/write.
Fix permissions.
Go to liberty settings.
Go to liberty customizer.
Customize to your liking.
On the account selection screen in liberty customizer, check Facebook.
Once done customizing, select full reboot.
Once booted up, go into settings and select accounts.
Add account.
Select the slightly smaller Facebook icon.
Enter your Facebook login info.
Touch login.
Go to your contacts list and see if the contacts are displayed.

You may have to change the display options.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where's v5 lol......tap....tap....tap .... :p

mjs1015

Reaction score
Yeah I've been reading on the droid x forum about the .5 version. What about the d2?!?!

freekfly

Reaction score
SIP Calling Support?

Hey all,

Missing Feature / Bug? - SIP Calling Support

I've just installed LibertyGB ROM on my Motorola Droid 2 (via Verizon pre-release / rooted / LibertyGB v0.2 / LibertyGB v0.4 path)

My question is that I noticed that SIP Calling Support is missing under the Call Settings area. I'm assuming it's because of my install path using Verizon's Pre-Release of Gingerbread. Any idea how we can turn this back on or is this something where I need to find another ROM for GB on a Droid 2 and repeat the Liberty upgrade path?

End goal is to have SIP Calling Support which should be included in Gingerbread.

Thoughts?

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I am using the new Google Music Beta and I really want to know how to get lockscreen controls...anyone have an idea? Seems to me that the only player that allows controls is the GB built in Music app. Is this true?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get the music app to download! I thought maybe it was because I was on liberty but i guess not.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get the music app to download! I thought maybe it was because I was on liberty but i guess not.

Got it. It wasn't liberty, i needed to freeze the music app ( liberty) before installing. Totally forgot

roblusk71

Reaction score
I only have 1 problem now. My video audio doesn't play without headphones. I have managed to get everything else working.

Edit: I was missing all audio except ringtones. It was only happening when I tried to use the phone speaker.

pmurphy85

Reaction score
I keep looking around and cannot find anyone having quite the same issue. But here is my deal; I am on the regular D2, I SBF to 2.3.20, then root it myself, then install the regular leaked rooted GB, then install the current version from nightlies (which i am pretty sure was .4), i wipe the cache and data before and after i flash everything.

So right after installing, it works fine. As soon as I turn it off once I get stuck in a bootloop at what should be the Motorola logo (it is the Liberty yellow fist in a circle logo instead). Also, I am not able to turn it off and hold X then search button and get it into factory restore or whatever so i can try clearing data and cache again.

I am able to SBF it back to 2.3.20 and start the process over again, but this has happened a few times in a row the exact same way at this point. I love Liberty and really really would like to figure this out, if anyone could be so kind as to help I would appreciate it greatly

mjs1015

Reaction score
You should see the liberty fist if you flashed the nightly. Not sure why your bootlooping. Did you factory reset before you flashed LG?

Status
Not open for further replies.