Liberty Nightlies GB Bug Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfa_tpa

Reaction score
Running. .5 now, and its working quite well. Facebook is working well, and Last.fm shows up and adds correctly as well.
Issues I'm having are:
1. very weak signal in locations that used to have 2-3 bars, now only get 1 and sometimes connection errors. Reboot brings back to 2 bars.
2. Liberty customizer will not work. I had this issue on .4 but didn't report it. It downloads files and either a) seems to hang at "setting up files" or b) will complete "setting up" but then returns to info screen with "continue" and "cancel" prompts.
3. No pattern that I can detect, but same issue that i've seen others reporting of four home screen soft buttons not backlighting.
4. Not an issue, but recommendation to add the boot screen liberty fist icon to list of options. I sometimes would like to alternate between the fist and the moto liberty bell.
I'll report more if I run into any.
Very grateful to all of you doing the amazing work on all this. I show my support by purchasing and would sing your praises if I had a good voice and anyone would listen. :eek:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kfa_tpa

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I did perform multiple data/cache wipes before installing both .4 and .5

turlian

Reaction score
Upgraded from 2.0.1 to .5 and the Google Music Beta stopped working. I also had a temporary issue with my call volume being really low, but a reboot resolved that.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So when I go from 2.0 to 0.5 I want to make sure I got this. I flash the gb leak in cw, reboot, download bootstrap, go into cw and flash 0.5 (after doing a data wipe). Sound right? Is it really necessary to wipe multiple times? Also did anyone mount system and data in cw? I did that when installing 2.0.1

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Standalone010

Reaction score
So when I go from 2.0 to 0.5 I want to make sure I got this. I flash the gb leak in cw, reboot, download bootstrap, go into cw and flash 0.5 (after doing a data wipe). Sound right? Is it really necessary to wipe multiple times? Also did anyone mount system and data in cw? I did that when installing 2.0.1

I didn't mount system when flashing .5. And wiping data/cache multiple times doesn't hurt, though after you install the GB leak and finish d/ling .5 from the toolbox (donate), it prompts you on whether or not you'd like to wipe data/cache. So really after flashing GB, just go to toolbox and let it do the wiping for ya.

And it's been working great for me so far! dancedroid :icon_ banana: dancedroid

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't dl a nightly from the toolbox yet. I did liberty 2.0.1 manually. So once im on the leak and i dl 0.5 from within the toolbox it will flash it for me? I mean it will ask me to backup and wipe, then boot into cw and flash on its own?

Standalone010

Reaction score
I haven't dl a nightly from the toolbox yet. I did liberty 2.0.1 manually. So once im on the leak and i dl 0.5 from within the toolbox it will flash it for me? I mean it will ask me to backup and wipe, then boot into cw and flash on its own?

Yeah it'll ask if you'd like to, just check the boxes, and continue and it'll go in CW for ya. Very easy :)

turlian

Reaction score
Just an update, Google Music is working again. Not sure what the deal was, but today when I started it I was asked to link it to my Google account and all is well.

Now I have a new issue - my phone will randomly turn off while playing Pandora.

SDCA_DUDE

Reaction score
Upgraded to 0.595 leak (d2); installed toolbox; upgraded to nightlies (0.5) -- now I can't connect to wifi. It sees the wifi, asks for security passcode, and is authorized.... but stalls when trying to obtain an IP address.

Any ideas?

mjs1015

Reaction score
I thought the only leak for the d2 was .153? Where did you find the .595 leak?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought the monster leak was 588 and liberty 0.5 was based off the official d2 update (595?) Maybe I'm just talking out my *** though.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
The only bug i have had is this: when I try to share a link or copy a link from drop box, I get an FC. So far have had no other issues.

I do use drop-box frequently to share though, and sometimes through SMS, so it would be nice if i could get that to work.

And yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared caches, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.