Liberty 3 Bugs

Funky D

Reaction score
I wonder if replacing the included Blur gallery, camera, and alarm clock with the stock D2 GB versions would fix the issues with these apps... I've read Liberty is ported from the DX to D2...? Anyone know where to find these stock apps without sbf-ing back to stock and redownloading the VZW GB upgrade?

tjarvis

Reaction score
I wonder if replacing the included Blur gallery, camera, and alarm clock with the stock D2 GB versions would fix the issues with these apps... I've read Liberty is ported from the DX to D2...? Anyone know where to find these stock apps without sbf-ing back to stock and redownloading the VZW GB upgrade?

Yeah it fixes it...I recommend alarm clock plus as an alternative and the gallery and camera are in liberty settings under customize but there are better alternatives...try just pictures for gallery alternative and just about any camera app is better than stock. I use pro camera zoom 5x, it's a paid app but it's great

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Insanelycool

Reaction score
Bad port

Liberty 3 1.0 had a few of these problems, but when I upgraded to 2.0, not only were none of them fixed, but it dawned on me... the problem must be a lack of testing this on an actual D2. The HDMI settings are left in the code (you can see it in some apps as well as the settings menu), and I have a feeling this is causing the majority of the problems we are having. In other words, we are trying to use DX apps and code on a D2, which is mostly fine until the software tries to use HDMI, or runs an app with that functionality at all. This would explain the Gallery, and movie player apps causing problems, which manifests as no audio.

Bugs I have noticed:
*AM/PM problem with blur alarm (Fixing this would be fine... OR BETTER YET ADD FOLDER BROWSING TO PLAY MP3 AS ALARM IN DEFAULT APP; I wouldn't have to use blur alarm clock then)
*Brightness control on the power bar only switches to original setting after turning screen off and back on
*Launcher problems moving dialer to different location
*Sound bug (Caused by any app that uses HDMI (including, but may not be limited to, video player and blur gallery)
*Sliding the keyboard in and out when phone is locked will cause the phone to reset

Might be more but this is just what I noticed after the first hour.

Suggestions:
*Customize/reorganize the notification bar widget buttons
*customize look of app drawer

Other than and even despite these things, this is still a very solid ROM... I just hope to see the rest of this get ironed out so that we can finally say its bug free (especially since most of the bugs appear to be a porting problem).

Last edited:

roydroid

Reaction score
navigation not working

Been using this rom for a month, was on cm7 for very long time before this. Liberty in my opinion is heads and shoulders above, runs crazy smooth and my battery life is unbelievable compared to stock or other roms. only one big problem I have , other than the audio bug many others have had with blur gallery ( which I fixed same way as others here by freezing gallery). I can't get navigation to work. It opens and will show a map but the route guidance never starts after putting in address. Looks like it never connects to the gps signal. Strange. Anyone else have this problem?
Gps is enabled in settings. Google maps program works just fine, is able to quickly locaatge my position. But if I try to actually navigate, it will pull up the route, but then stops and says "searching for gps" at bottom of screen.

Last edited:

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how to freeze the Blur gallery. I have the AOSP gallery selected in Customizer (and the Blur gallery de-selected), and I can't find the Blur gallery in the app list (the only thing I see with the Blur gallery icon is something called Chooser) - but I still lose audio every once in a while when using Google music. If I hit the external volume buttons audio returns instantly...

Wondering if this is something different than the problem related to the gallery? Or part of the same thing...

I have uninstalled Music and reinstalled from the market, to no effect...

Last edited:

tjarvis

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how to freeze the Blur gallery. I have the AOSP gallery selected in Customizer (and the Blur gallery de-selected), and I can't find the Blur gallery in the app list (the only thing I see with the Blur gallery icon is something called Chooser) - but I still lose audio every once in a while when using Google music. If I hit the external volume buttons audio returns instantly...

Wondering if this is something different than the problem related to the gallery? Or part of the same thing...

I have uninstalled Music and reinstalled from the market, to no effect...

Yeah freeze the one that says chooser with the blur gallery

breachless

Reaction score
I have played around a bit more with my phone. I did a full SBF and installed Liberty 3 2.0 fresh, and again, over a day or two gradually got more and more unresponsive and battery life was not that great. I started with the stock launcher, but it seemed to make no difference.

As soon as I flashed back to 1.0, all was well again. Been going for a few days now, it's SUPER responsive, battery life is fantastic again, and everything seems to work well other than the audio bug everyone is complaining about. I have no idea why 1.0 runs SO well, while 2.0 is a total dud on my phone... Either way I am happy: with Liberty 3 1.0 installed on my phone, it runs better than it ever has by a pretty wide margin. Hopefully version 3 will give the best of both worlds because I do envy you guys that are running 2.0 with all the extra customization options... But for now, I am quite happy. Just thought I would toss that in. I wonder if I am just a fluke with not running 2.0 well on my phone because I can't find anyone else having this problem...

tjarvis

Reaction score
Will do - thanks!

Any reason to freeze it rather than force uninstall it?

If you uninstall it's gone for good and sometimes system back ups are a pain to reinstall. By freezing them if you run into problems later on just defrost, smile and go about you day.

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
If you uninstall it's gone for good and sometimes system back ups are a pain to reinstall. By freezing them if you run into problems later on just defrost, smile and go about you day.

Good point - thanks! I am going to test today at work and see if I have any audio problems. Fingers crossed!

tjarvis

Reaction score
Now back when I had the original droid I deleted everything that I didn't need including ringtones and live wallpapers...I made it bare bones to keep everything smooth and fast. Now it's just easier to freeze because 8gb internal is so much nicer than the bird farts worth we had on the d1.

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
Now back when I had the original droid I deleted everything that I didn't need including ringtones and live wallpapers...I made it bare bones to keep everything smooth and fast. Now it's just easier to freeze because 8gb internal is so much nicer than the bird farts worth we had on the d1.

Probably should have asked this before, but have you (or anyone else) found a work around for the video player problem? I don't watch video on my phone all that much, but it would be nice to get this resolved too.

Thanks!

tjarvis

Reaction score
Probably should have asked this before, but have you (or anyone else) found a work around for the video player problem? I don't watch video on my phone all that much, but it would be nice to get this resolved too.

Thanks!

I haven't have any issues with video...explain por favor

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
I haven't have any issues with video...explain por favor

Could be app specific - when I try to play the live stream via the Al Jazeera English app (no political attacks, please :p), I get doubled-up audio and no video. When I try to play video via the Boston Bruins app, they all say video could not be played. However, video from the NYT app plays fine. Haven't tried any downloaded video from my SD card...

If you want to load up either the Bruins app or the AJE app, give it a try, and let me know what you find, I'd really appreciate it!

tjarvis

Reaction score
Could be app specific - when I try to play the live stream via the Al Jazeera English app (no political attacks, please :p), I get doubled-up audio and no video. When I try to play video via the Boston Bruins app, they all say video could not be played. However, video from the NYT app plays fine. Haven't tried any downloaded video from my SD card...

If you want to load up either the Bruins app or the AJE app, give it a try, and let me know what you find, I'd really appreciate it!

The beauty of the United States of America is that political attacks are allowed, but I'll let it slide today to keep us on topic. ;-) I stream netflix, youtube and a few other apps just fine (buffering aside). I'll see what I come up with though.