Liberty 3 Bugs

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this, but here are the main issue I'm having; was wondering if anybody had had these issues/any ideas:

1) The phone won't preserve settings for sync in the pulldown notification widget; I have to manually reenable it.
2) I can't keep auto-rotate disabled--I have to keep disabling it (the setting won't save/preserve/what have you)
3) Occasional issue with phone not waking back up from lock screen without a battery pull to reboot
4) The alarm clock app only shows PM on the main screen where you set the alarms; if you set it for an AM time, it DOES go off at the right time--but on the main listof alarms, they're all listed as 8:00PM (even if the alarm is set for 8:00AM).

Love the ROM and great work... Liberty was my first ROM on my D2 so its nice to have it back on OTA :) Thanks for all the great work...love having GB OTA and picking which Blur apps to keep! :hail:

golfnz34me

Reaction score
I have a weird but persistent bug. Whenever I plug a headset into the phone and then remove it, the phone goes into "speakerphone" mode. I can get rid of it by turning bluetooth on and then off, so it's not a huge deal. But kinda annoying.

golfnz34me

Reaction score
Nevermind on the speakerphone issue I mentioned above. I was suspicious that this was caused by the Car Dock app I had installed from the Market. I've un-installed that app and now the issue is gone.

tjarvis

Reaction score
1) The phone won't preserve settings for sync in the pulldown notification widget; I have to manually reenable it.
2) I can't keep auto-rotate disabled--I have to keep disabling it (the setting won't save/preserve/what have you)
3) Occasional issue with phone not waking back up from lock screen without a battery pull to reboot
4) The alarm clock app only shows PM on the main screen where you set the alarms; if you set it for an AM time, it DOES go off at the right time--but on the main listof alarms, they're all listed as 8:00PM (even if the alarm is set for 8:00AM).:hail:

1 and 2) that little circle arrow on the far right in the pull down menu is for screen rotation not sync ;-)

3) if you are using interactive x gov you need to change to either smartass, regular interactive or ondemand...that should fix that.

4) freeze that stock alarm clock app in titanium backup and install alarm clock plus, also make sure that in the settings you have it set that Verizon keeps the time accurate, not manual.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
ws6formula350

ws6formula350

Reaction score
1 and 2) that little circle arrow on the far right in the pull down menu is for screen rotation not sync ;-)

3) if you are using interactive x gov you need to change to either smartass, regular interactive or ondemand...that should fix that.

4) freeze that stock alarm clock app in titanium backup and install alarm clock plus, also make sure that in the settings you have it set that Verizon keeps the time accurate, not manual.

lol

thanks for the help sir. one other thing i've discovered:

if i try to change my notification alert tone, my phone soft reboots.

any ideas?

tjarvis

Reaction score
Haven't encountered that...try fixing permissions...? That's not a problem I've run into man, although I change all my tones using the handcent thing. All the rest is first hand experience lol

khazdar

Reaction score
I have tried to install two apps from the market, droid forms and ing direct. Both of them say they are incompatible with my phone.

tjarvis

Reaction score
I have tried to install two apps from the market, droid forms and ing direct. Both of them say they are incompatible with my phone.

Try installing the new market apk 3.3.11

khazdar

Reaction score
I just tried that, no dice. Just for an example, I am trying to install the Droid Forums app and it says "your device is not compatible with this item" Some apps have installed just fine, others I get that message.

tjarvis

Reaction score
I just tried that, no dice. Just for an example, I am trying to install the Droid Forums app and it says "your device is not compatible with this item" Some apps have installed just fine, others I get that message.

I would reflash the ROM

pathogen

Reaction score
Sometimes the sound for video or downloaded music or any other sounds; streaming, etc do not work(except for when the phone rings and notification sounds). Sometimes it happens after listening to downloaded audio and video. The only fix I have found is rebooting. It happens randomly but it happens every time i play video while in the blur camera.

I just switched to the aosp camera and it hasn't killed the audio yet. I'm also using the music mod because it seems like the google music caused the sound to stop working a lot, even after using the one from the market.

kefler

Reaction score
Sometimes the sound for video or downloaded music or any other sounds; streaming, etc do not work(except for when the phone rings and notification sounds). Sometimes it happens after listening to downloaded audio and video. The only fix I have found is rebooting. It happens randomly but it happens every time i play video while in the blur camera.

I just switched to the aosp camera and it hasn't killed the audio yet. I'm also using the music mod because it seems like the google music caused the sound to stop working a lot, even after using the one from the market.

I think I have this same issue. What really happens is that anything that would be controlled by 'media volume' no longer comes out the speaker. Headphones and Bluetooth do work. Searches on the net revealed a lot of talk about stuck headphone jacks and things but I never had this problem before... I can always reproduce it by running pandora for a while then stopping it. After that, no more sound from anything managed by 'media volume' until I reboot.

draexo

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this, but here are the main issue I'm having; was wondering if anybody had had these issues/any ideas:

4) The alarm clock app only shows PM on the main screen where you set the alarms; if you set it for an AM time, it DOES go off at the right time--but on the main listof alarms, they're all listed as 8:00PM (even if the alarm is set for 8:00AM).

Love the ROM and great work... Liberty was my first ROM on my D2 so its nice to have it back on OTA :) Thanks for all the great work...love having GB OTA and picking which Blur apps to keep! :hail:

Ah.... Welcome to a Jrummy ROM.... Bugs and no fixes. I wish you luck! You will need it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chaaaad

Reaction score
Ah.... Welcome to a Jrummy ROM.... Bugs and no fixes. I wish you luck! You will need it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

That's a really ignorant thing to say. Liberty GB when through nine different versions of bug fixes and additional features.