Liberty 2.0.1

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Just 102.2. Stock battery and undervolted. Just surfing the intratubes and here. Seems high to me, anyone else running this hot? Any tips?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bignasty407

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when installing a theme over a different theme, should i wipe? or just install over?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
when installing a theme over a different theme, should i wipe? or just install over?

Its better to wipe to avoid possible issues and get rid of previous traces of a past theme.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

nyr2k2

Reaction score
Installed the 2.0.1 patch from the Donate Toolbox earlier, no issues so far.

iNoMaD

Reaction score
Very disappointing!No,extremely disappointing! This was pushed out way too early with way too many bugs even with the patches. SBF'd from GB just to try this out,IMO, sooo not worth it. Its a shame cause I thought,well...even if Liberty is built on froyo, jrummys so far ahead of the game Im sure all the differences I'd notice would simply be cosmetic,wrong! Guess I'll just have to wait until he does his thing with GB.

Crispityyy

Reaction score
Very disappointing!No,extremely disappointing! This was pushed out way too early with way too many bugs even with the patches. SBF'd from GB just to try this out,IMO, sooo not worth it. Its a shame cause I thought,well...even if Liberty is built on froyo, jrummys so far ahead of the game Im sure all the differences I'd notice would simply be cosmetic,wrong! Guess I'll just have to wait until he does his thing with GB.

.....really? :icon_eek:

I was on the GB leak to, and decided to come back to Liberty and couldnt be happier. The 2.0 was released as a TESTER and that message was conveyed plenty of times. I just waited it out and installed 2.0.1 and have had NO issues...no FC's, no toolbox problems, no patches needed or anything.

I understand and respect the fact that everybody has their own opinion, but im pretty sure the whole point of Liberty is to have a device FREE of bloat and blur. Those are things that I CANNOT deal with on gingerbread, and because of that, I am VERY confident and happy in my decision to stick with Liberty.

/rant

iNoMaD

Reaction score

I was on the GB leak to, and decided to come back to Liberty and couldnt be happier. The 2.0 was released as a TESTER and that message was conveyed plenty of times. I just waited it out and installed 2.0.1 and have had NO issues...no FC's, no toolbox problems, no patches needed or anything.

I understand and respect the fact that everybody has their own opinion, but im pretty sure the whole point of Liberty is to have a device FREE of bloat and blur. Those are things that I CANNOT deal with on gingerbread, and because of that, I am VERY confident and happy in my decision to stick with Liberty.

/rant

Guess your one of the lucky ones. I installed 2.0.1 with the patches (just in case) and for the life of me couldnt get anything to download it was like i was on dial-up so i used the patches and still a no go :( Believe me when i saw Liberty 2.0.1 was released I felt like I was being held in a third world prison and special forces were on the way ready to "liberate" me lol but as i said in my opinion it was rushed,we got caught and now were in solitary with no connection to the outside world (no service) If u were running GB more then likely you wouldnt accept the OTA because you would lose root,so there is no harm in removing the bloatware,like I have.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I completely agree. I love liberty and it was clearly stated it was a testing before the release and respect I will give to jrummy bc the same day we complain he has a patch out to fix it. I have had no problems and am running fine. Ran a quadrant of 1400. I can do that. I'd paid $10 for it!

bodean

Reaction score
Still issues with lag, having to send sms messages 3 times til it will send, random shutdowns (phone just shuts off). Heard a lot of positive with Liberty and DX. Not seeing it at all!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mcp770

Reaction score

/rant

I decided to give Liberty a go from the GB leak myself. I did a complete SBF back to stock .340 and formatted my sd card restoring only key things I keep from rom to rom. I then rooted and installed Liberty 2.0.1 as directed. I ran without a single error for more than a day and found it very fast and great on battery life. Having run Liberty 1.0 and 1.5 I knew exactly what to expect but I was very happy to find all the bugs I had with previous builds gone. I think it is clear then 2.0.1 needs to be installed cleanly with complete data/cache wipes prior to install from a clean base 340 install in order to get these results. It seems the people with the most issues used patches etc. Anyways I would have to say it isn't the rom causing your issues folks...it's you, your hardware, or your apps.

All that aside I still went back to GB sadly enough. I really like what motorola has done with blur and with it rooted/deodexed and guys like Drod making roms already I just don't see anything more that can possibly be done to make .340 any better than liberty is now. Looking forward to Liberty on the more superior 2.3.3 framework indeed.

iNoMaD

Reaction score
I completely agree. I love liberty and it was clearly stated it was a testing before the release and respect I will give to jrummy bc the same day we complain he has a patch out to fix it. I have had no problems and am running fine. Ran a quadrant of 1400. I can do that. I'd paid $10 for it!

On GB and it was free lol

1302258235456.jpg

bodean

Reaction score

On GB and it was free lol

1302258235456.jpg

Lol!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

iNoMaD

Reaction score
I decided to give Liberty a go from the GB leak myself. I did a complete SBF back to stock .340 and formatted my sd card restoring only key things I keep from rom to rom. I then rooted and installed Liberty 2.0.1 as directed. I ran without a single error for more than a day and found it very fast and great on battery life. Having run Liberty 1.0 and 1.5 I knew exactly what to expect but I was very happy to find all the bugs I had with previous builds gone. I think it is clear then 2.0.1 needs to be installed cleanly with complete data/cache wipes prior to install from a clean base 340 install in order to get these results. It seems the people with the most issues used patches etc. Anyways I would have to say it isn't the rom causing your issues folks...it's you, your hardware, or your apps.

All that aside I still went back to GB sadly enough. I really like what motorola has done with blur and with it rooted/deodexed and guys like Drod making roms already I just don't see anything more that can possibly be done to make .340 any better than liberty is now. Looking forward to Liberty on the more superior 2.3.3 framework indeed.[/QUOTE]

Same here as stated in my post i started fresh from an sbf'd .340, factory reset/data wipe, flashed liberty (had issues),ran the patch and still my phone was like nah-ah lol If the dev releases multiple patches with the rom then obviously it was rushed and not the users fault,the fact that they are still trying to find out why there are problems with the toolbox proves this. "Looking forward to Liberty on the more superior 2.3.3 framework indeed" Couldnt agree with you more :D