Liberty GB to Liberty 2.0.1

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Ok so I'm thinking of giving Liberty GB a test run. If I install Liberty GB, how do I get back to Liberty 2.0.1? Can I just restore a backup or do I have to SBF to .340 then flash a backup (or if I make it that far, I could just reflash Liberty...)? Sorry if it has already been answered, but I didn't see where anyone had answered this question directly.

Note*

I have not installed any version of GB to date, been on Liberty since 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and now 2.0.1. Anything unusual I should be aware of (i.e. bootstrap for D2, does titanium backup work with GB)?

mcp770

Reaction score
Ok so I'm thinking of giving Liberty GB a test run. If I install Liberty GB, how do I get back to Liberty 2.0.1? Can I just restore a backup or do I have to SBF to .340 then flash a backup (or if I make it that far, I could just reflash Liberty...)? Sorry if it has already been answered, but I didn't see where anyone had answered this question directly.

Note*

I have not installed any version of GB to date, been on Liberty since 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and now 2.0.1. Anything unusual I should be aware of (i.e. bootstrap for D2, does titanium backup work with GB)?

You will have no issues installing GB from froyo liberty but make sure to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache prior to the install and you will be perfect and glad you installed GB. Night and day better than froyo. As for reverting back to froyo liberty after you will have to sbf back to stock .340, reroot, and then restore your nandroid. A froyo nandroid backup can not be restored while on GB.

You may "appear" to bootloop on first liberty GB boot but be patient and after a minute or less it will boot.

You do need to use D2Bootstrap OR you can use DXBootstrap with USB debugging unchecked only.

Also be sure to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache prior to the GB upgrade to have a clean install.

Titanium works just fine with GB although I would only selectively restore data to user apps...nothing system to avoid conflicts.

OP
cjriddle22

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Note*

You will have no issues installing GB from froyo liberty but make sure to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache prior to the install and you will be perfect and glad you installed GB. Night and day better than froyo. As for reverting back to froyo liberty after you will have to sbf back to stock .340, reroot, and then restore your nandroid. A froyo nandroid backup can not be restored while on GB.

You may "appear" to bootloop on first liberty GB boot but be patient and after a minute or less it will boot.

You do need to use D2Bootstrap OR you can use DXBootstrap with USB debugging unchecked only.

Also be sure to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache prior to the GB upgrade to have a clean install.

Titanium works just fine with GB although I would only selectively restore data to user apps...nothing system to avoid conflicts.

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to Liberty GB. Yeah I restored my system once when going from blur to non blur rom, it was not good.