LG Optimus Black Launching in UK Next Week

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-optimus-black.jpg

LG is releasing their Optimus Black phone into the UK next week, which probably means it could show up in the U.S. soon. As we reported at CES earlier this year, the svelt little phone supposedly has an amazing new screen technology with 700 nits of brightness. Also, it will be an ultra-thin phone, which seems to be trending nowadays. The phone will be released with Android 2.2 at first, but LG plans on updating it to Gingerbread in the future. It may only be a single-core phone, but for some folks, aesthetics might trump raw power. What do you guys think of this one?

Source: Android.net via BGR

phatkat66

Reaction score
i want the damn lg 3d optimus for verizon in america >_< is that too much to ask for

Beardface

Reaction score
Put a circular button on the bottom center and the thing looks like an iPhone...

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
It's a great looking phone, and I love that screen. However, there's no way I'm taking my sights off the Galaxy SII if this only has a single-core processor.

Also, I've never messed with an LG Android phone. Are they pretty good phones?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am getting sick of this single core BS. We have had single core phones for some time now. How about some new technology. Wait a minute... Verizon just sells old tech. And the last time we were promised an update on a phone it only took like 8 months to accomplish.

forum8417

Reaction score
im excited for this phone. im not worried about it being single core. i think dual core is overrated for the time being. now im sure this time next year dual cores will be worth it but not yet. this is my next phone!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
LG has made some awesome feature phones but there android phones have been limited. I would love for them to be a hit though.

The single core in my fascinate is pretty sweet, but as the OS and apps advance we will need more ram and processor cache to keep up. Single core will end up limiting your device...not now, but in the very near future.

Sent from my fascinate

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm thinking that if apple can sue samsung, they're definitely going to sue LG for this phone.

Zecpull

Reaction score
The LG Revolution is coming next week.. and It is almost as nice looking as that. I am not sure Dual core is where it is at.. The Dual Cores seem to be Eating batteries for breakfast.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
The LG Revolution is coming next week.. and It is almost as nice looking as that. I am not sure Dual core is where it is at.. The Dual Cores seem to be Eating batteries for breakfast.

I agree plus it seems unnecessary. I don't need a dual core processor in my phone. I'd much rather have a functional, bugless phone that could hold a charge all day.

Parter28

Reaction score
How is dual core unnecessary? They have faster and better gpus... and even if you don't get to use the full 2 cores now, they still provide much greater power. My fascinate (galaxy s) has one the most powerful (if not the most powerful) singe core gpus, and jet there are times where it will have issues with some web pages.

As far as battery goes, the GS II has been getting great review so far. It is said to have no problems of getting through the day on one charge. At the end of the day, I suppose it depends on what you realty need. The majority of people would be more than happy with a single core. However I feel that investing on a single core phoone at the moment is a waste of money, especially if your going to be on contract for 2 years. Dual cores are happening now, and quad cores are right around the corner.