LG Optimus Black - Elegant Design Raises Bar for Android Phones

Rotas

Reaction score
I am guessing this won't be around until summer?

JLangevin

Reaction score
What a bogus image. Take the case off the iPhone 4. I own both a Droid and an iPhone4, so this has nothing to do with bias, but they are intentionally trying to make the iPhone look fatter than it is by leaving the case on it.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
What a bogus image. Take the case off the iPhone 4. I own both a Droid and an iPhone4, so this has nothing to do with bias, but they are intentionally trying to make the iPhone look fatter than it is by leaving the case on it.
The case on the iPhone is necessary for it to operate properly. If the Optimus Black needed a case to function as intended, one should put a case on that too.
If I have to use the iPhone with a case, I think said case qualifies as part of the phone.

Regardless, the Optimus Black is still thinner, as it has a profile, whereas the iPhone is flat-backed.

JLangevin

Reaction score
Incorrect. My Verizon model does not have the same antenna issues as the ATT model no matter how hard you try and deathgrip. I own android and iPhone and regardless android manufacturers and their supporters will always try to stack in their favor.

JLangevin

Reaction score
I saw that same report a month ago and I couldn't care less what someone else says my phone will do... All I care about is what MY own experiences are and mine never responded that way no matter how I held it and believe me I tried! My droid sitting next to my iPhone right now has 2 less bars of signal strength.

Don't get me wrong the LG looks like a he'll of a phone and I'm even recommending that a friend of mine to get it. I just love the biased reviews... The Internet is full of them. It's no surprise that DF would be full of fan boys though. Afterall it's an enthusiast site.

cpjr

Reaction score
The case on the iPhone is necessary for it to operate properly. If the Optimus Black needed a case to function as intended, one should put a case on that too.
If I have to use the iPhone with a case, I think said case qualifies as part of the phone.

Regardless, the Optimus Black is still thinner, as it has a profile, whereas the iPhone is flat-backed.

Im sooo getting tired of this lame answer.

I had an iphone 4 on ATT along with my DX....yeah know what, in my area (Atlanta) my iphone WITHOUT case got just as good of service as the X, honestly, if not better. And for whatever reason, I have been getting HORRIBLE service lately on my X.

DaWolf85

Reaction score

Im sooo getting tired of this lame answer.

I had an iphone 4 on ATT along with my DX....yeah know what, in my area (Atlanta) my iphone WITHOUT case got just as good of service as the X, honestly, if not better. And for whatever reason, I have been getting HORRIBLE service lately on my X.
Fine then, you win that one. Care to respond to the other part of the statement?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, Dgstorm. Can we just remove that picture or blackout the iphone in the comparison so this thread doesn't get hijacked into a lame iphone vs android match... To many of threads like that already :blink:. I love how thats the focus on many people in this thread.
I for one think its a sexy phone. Not sure about how lg is on android devices though... looks like they baked a theme on it... like samsung.